Pages:
Author

Topic: [Poll] What anonymous coin will succed? - page 37. (Read 90291 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
CLOAK++

Up until recently I have had the vast majority of my cryptocurrency investment in DRK and a very small amount (~$10) in a few others just to see how they were working. I recently moved the DRK money to CLK, which I'm obviously hoping will pay off, although, like the rest of you if you're honest with yourselves, I know all of these options have a high probability of failure. High risk, high reward, though, right?

DRK certainly has the advantage of having a known, good developer where as CLOAK's devs have chosen to remain anonymous. DRK also is more established but there is such a buzz around CLOAK. If the CLOAK devs succeed in creating a completely decentralised, anonymous POS (which current reports from them indicate has been through several iterations during testing and is nearly ready for release), they will have a better product than any of the current competition, which may very well be enough to win the race. In terms of future innovation, successful implementation of the 'OneMarket' idea would actually make CLOAK a potential BTC-beater but I worry that the ambition of the devs might be a little too lofty. As an investor, I would be very happy to be proved wrong, however.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Cloak ofcourse and not DARK.  This is pretty simple, because DRK uses the nodes and since nodes can be manipulated it is NOT 100% decentral, hence not completely anonymous.
CLOAK PoSA however is the first coin that is completely decentral anonymous.

You seem like a real expert. Could you explain this PoSA with your own words, and also how it combats Sybil attacks, eavesdropping, and blockchain bloat, thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
Cloak ofcourse and not DARK.  This is pretty simple, because DRK uses the nodes and since nodes can be manipulated it is NOT 100% decentral, hence not completely anonymous.

Yeah, I totally agree.. Darkcoin was cool at conception but in practice cloak is a much better anon coin. The problem lies with all the darkholders  some of whom happen to be real killer whales and need time to get coins out of drk and into cloak. I assume there will be all kinds of "news" coming out for dark in order to maintain the price so the whales can get out and leave the rest bagholding.
legendary
Activity: 1092
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
Monero will succed without any doubt.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
Lottttttts of coins listed, but only one true winner!

CLOAKCOIN for the WIN!

You have all been advised!
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
Incognitocoin added
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Darkcoin will prevail.
Activity: 518
Merit: 505
You can easily judge the top three active communities around anonymous alts by this poll.
Indeed. And active community is among the most important.
legendary
Activity: 1182
For those saying drkcoinz is dedz or people who don't follow this monster thread.

DRK is on the cusp of being the best thing since bitcoin.

----------

So we have the darksend+ in RC4 in testing

Darksend+ pre-privatises your coins so you can use them as you normally would - ie. Darksend+ makes darkcoin ready for the world.

Proper adoption can begin in ernest. Beyond crypto land.

This will be vetted by Kristov Atlas - so actually vetted as opposed to other coins claiming "anon - promise!"

--------------

And with that comes the becoming more pro and ready for the world developments:

We are getting electrum wallets - regenerate your wallets from a seed phrase.

Just keeping everyone up to date with Darkcointalk. Super exciting all the time!!!!

Quote from Tante:
"Also, one of the exciting opportunities that Masternodes provide, is that they can host the blockchain, decentralized, for lightweight users. I hope this feature happens soon. So only the masternodes, mining nodes and people who want to have a copy of the blockchain ever need have it. And yet it will still be stored in a decentralized fashion."

More Info:
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-updates-july-15th.1788/page-3
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-drk-electrum-server.1648/page-2
http://electrum-drk.org/

-------------------

Separately we are getting an upgrade to look and functionality of the QT wallets

Wow, this one (#3 with a couple suggestions that Raze implemented) is SEXY!

-----------------------

Also of interest:

xpool.ca multi pool where you can mine with X11, Scrypt or your old sha256 asics and get payed in DRK!

darkbids.com ebay for darkcoin. Sell stuff for darkcoin, buy stuff for darkcoin

-----------------------

And lastly we've consistently had the highest volume on mintpal and cryptsy for quite a while now.

So in short..

RC4 is coming be ready!!

legendary
Added Arerocoin, Stealth coin, Synccoin
Activity: 341
Merit: 250
You can easily judge the top three active communities around anonymous alts by this poll.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I think Darkcoin has the best chance at success mainly due to the original developer Evan, coming out with many technical advances and constantly working to improve and solve each issue!
Activity: 476
Gone......
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
1st DRK (Active development, DarkSend+, well built node foundation)
2nd XC (Active development, Marketing)
3rd CLOAK (Active development)
Activity: 322
You missed Stealthcoin.
legendary
Hi guys, I just finished my first newsletter, it is not exactly covering anonymous topic but I hope you will enjoy the read anyway:
https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/7486-official-feathercoin-newsletter-34/

Wink

Keep voting! It will be great to compare with saved picture after 970 votes and todays development.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
DASH is the future of crypto payments!
1 word:

darksend
Sorry to be mistaken ;P DARKSEND+ is the RIGHT word!
Activity: 322
I would sometimes say not only one Coin. DRK, XC, XRM and CLOAK are very good coins with good teams.

Other coins have a high potential but still need more development and PR.

This +100.

Why does it always have to be just ONE coin that succeed?   Each coins will have its purpose.   It's like saying why isn't there just ONE currency that every country should use....  or there should only be gold, why is there silver, copper, etc.
Activity: 252
I would sometimes say not only one Coin. DRK, XC, XRM and CLOAK are very good coins with good teams.

Other coins have a high potential but still need more development and PR.
Pages:
Jump to: