Pages:
Author

Topic: POLL: What name would you give to the smallest unit of bitcoin (0.00000001)? - page 5. (Read 13413 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Activity: 16
I can't beleive no one's hit this one yet...

Since it's a digital currency my mind warps right back to the original Tron (I'm such a geek) where everything was "bits" and "bytes", therefore everything that is a sub-BitCoin is a Byte or ByteCoin.

But a Byte is made up of 8 bits soooo this makes no sense for the geeks among us.  When talking bits and bytes...bits are smaller.

On another note we can refer to 8 BTC as a BYTE!!!!  1024 BTC = a KILOBYTE etc. etc. Bet no one thought of that yet!

Millionnaires and billionnaires will be replaced with Bytennaires and Kilobytennaires LoL  Can't wait to see who becomes the world's first  Megabytennaire (1,048,576 BTC)

You got math in my geek logic. Smiley~

I know the mathematical breakdown doesn't add up (ha) but I was going for more of the asthetic of the naming convention. I was trying to avoid the 8 sub decimal naming schemes that keeps cropping up. Interesting and well thought out as they may be, but for the mainstream to get on board I would think that we need to keep it with a "dollars & cents" mindset.

It will make the assimilation....errr...I mean..."migration" process, of the average users a bit easier if it's in a format they can already identify with. Therefore, Bits and Bytes.
Activity: 24
LittleBit and the Nanogroschen idea sounds great. Grin

What about Coint, Bent, Boint or Bint?

It's a mixture of Cent and BitCoin,

If the time comes when botnets are mining all coins we can honor this by naming the smallest unit: BotCoin. Cheesy
Activity: 169
screw 10 nanobits. what about 10,000 picobits or 10,000,000 femtobits.  That sounds like a shitload of money!
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
A buttcoin because all it's good for is wiping your ass with.

Not even!  This is where the dollar is better. (makin' straws, giving off heat while burning, and wiping your ass with!)
Activity: 214
Activity: 3
Activity: 9
a super cala fragalistic expialidoshus.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I'm Crazy about Bitcoin, trading Quartz for BTC
Extreme Prefixes Chart... http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/kinsella6.html

And Here is a Metrics Prefix Chart to make sure you all get your "Ento-Bits" worth... http://www.essex1.com/people/speer/large.html
Activity: 39
I can't beleive no one's hit this one yet...

Since it's a digital currency my mind warps right back to the original Tron (I'm such a geek) where everything was "bits" and "bytes", therefore everything that is a sub-BitCoin is a Byte or ByteCoin.

But a Byte is made up of 8 bits soooo this makes no sense for the geeks among us.  When talking bits and bytes...bits are smaller.

On another note we can refer to 8 BTC as a BYTE!!!!  1024 BTC = a KILOBYTE etc. etc. Bet no one thought of that yet!

Millionnaires and billionnaires will be replaced with Bytennaires and Kilobytennaires LoL  Can't wait to see who becomes the world's first  Megabytennaire (1,048,576 BTC)
An Octbit...
+1 on that but i personally think it sounds way better as "Octobit". "Bit" is obvious to be used and "Octo" stand for the eight sign after the decimal point.
+1 for You Too... Smiley
Activity: 39
An E-Zevanbit... E7, Easy7, Easyvan-bit

OMG This is just too funny
Activity: 784
Merit: 502

1 BTC = Bitcoin
0.01 BTC = Knob
0.001 BTC = Pube
0.000001 BTC = Fried Egg
0.00000001 BTC = Hamster

I'm sure we can all agree?
Activity: 20
Microcent.
1 BTC = Bitcoin, commonly called "Big bit"
0.01 BTC = Bitcent (practical today)
0.001 BTC = Millibit (future de facto unit)
0.000001 BTC = Microbit (more futuristic)
0.00000001 BTC = Microcent
Activity: 55
An Octbit...
+1 on that but i personally think it sounds way better as "Octobit". "Bit" is obvious to be used and "Octo" stand for the eight sign after the decimal point.
Activity: 38
When I think about it, it actually is a bit confusing to call it 10 nBTC when there is (currently) no smaller unit.  It's impossible in the current system to have just 1 nBTC...

So yeah, 0.01 µBTC (or uBTC if your keyboard doesn't have an AltGr press for that) sounds nicer.
Activity: 16
0.01 µBTC:  Microcent  or Microbitcent

or my favorit: 10 nBTC:  Nanogroschen  (speak it Nanogroshn)

For english speaking people the latter one would be somewhat like a Nanodime but that's not that good because dime comes from disme = 1/10.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
Pages:
Jump to: