Pages:
Author

Topic: POLL: What's the Average IQ of a bitcointalk.org poster - page 2. (Read 2421 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
I'd like to argue that someone understanding of the English language has little to no correlation to a person's IQ. Indeed, typically those with low IQs tend to be less than proficient. However I don't believe a person's writing can accurately determine their intelligence. Also consider that this forum is made of of users from multiple countries and walks of life, I think it is safe to determine that their reading and writing of the English language has nothing to do with their IQ.

Now to actually answer your question (speculation):
I think the majority is slightly above average. With the mean being somewhere around 110, with a standard deviation of 13.3. The distribution would of course be skewed left (or negative). Something similair to this image. I do not think we follow a standard bell-shape distribution.

You are very likely correct, I was just getting annoyed by a few outliers on the far left of that graph  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
I'd like to argue that someone understanding of the English language has little to no correlation to a person's IQ. Indeed, typically those with low IQs tend to be less than proficient. However I don't believe a person's writing can accurately determine their intelligence. Also consider that this forum is made of of users from multiple countries and walks of life, I think it is safe to determine that their reading and writing of the English language has nothing to do with their IQ.

I think the majority is slightly above average. With the mean being somewhere around 110, with a standard deviation of 13.3. The distribution would of course be skewed left (or negative). Something similair to this image. I do not think we follow a standard bell-shape distribution.

smart ass XD i understand english i just dont like using things like , . because im lazy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.

Activity: 672
Merit: 254
RESERVED (this is stupid)

EDIT

Yep.....just checked my IQ online. I'm "Dumb as a monkey". Huh, who knew......
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
Well I have seen my share of idiotic posts the last few days.  People who just plainly lack a basic understanding of the English language, albeit appearing to be able to write fluently.

So I thought I would come up with this fun vote.

Anyone else know what I am talking about?
Pages:
Jump to: