Pages:
Author

Topic: [POLL] Will BTC-E return? - page 2. (Read 1493 times)

U2
Activity: 676
Merit: 503
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...
July 30, 2017, 02:11:31 PM
I said highly unlikely. 98% change they won't be able to continue the business, and if they do somehow start up again with the same staff why would anyone trust them? They'd be smarter to start a new exchange from scratch. Having no rep is better than a bad rep when you're talking about handling other people's money.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
July 30, 2017, 02:02:42 PM
i think BTC-e is never back,
BTC-e owner is problem with law, is very dificult can back, case same with liberty reserve never back again, after liberty reserve owner problem with law
BTC-e story is quite different than that of liberty reserve, liberty reserve like payment processors are illegal from start while btc-e is registered exchange platform and now they got into trouble because it's owner is suspected of being involved with money laundering directly and indirectly.

However, come back of btc-e is quite unlikely.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
July 30, 2017, 01:05:29 PM
very hard to guess, but my guess is that they'll attempt to return funds at least. running away with the funds wouldn't help if the rest were caught.

and it would be a superb screw you to the authorities. if america gets their hands on the funds you just know they're never coming back.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 30, 2017, 12:58:33 PM
I  think It will not return for sure and I doubt even legit users of Btc-e who got their bitcoin from hard earned money will get their bitcoin back.
Vinnik will remain in prison for life while government officer will steal some of his bitcoin and government will just claim all bitcoin in exchange is involved with crime and hack so they will seize it too.  Angry
Activity: 714
Merit: 516
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
July 30, 2017, 12:56:17 PM
i think BTC-e is never back,
BTC-e owner is problem with law, is very dificult can back, case same with liberty reserve never back again, after liberty reserve owner problem with law
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
July 30, 2017, 10:26:30 AM
Update your votes to reflect new information!

https://mobile.twitter.com/btcecom/status/891928666065707008   

Given information as of 30th July, 2017, and what are your reasons?

Taking into account Vinnik arrest, domain seizure, looming fines, coins moving around with no evidence right now as to who is in control, btc-e's history, etc.
Pages:
Jump to: