Pages:
Author

Topic: Poloniex caused the market to crash - page 3. (Read 2539 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1311
Get your game girl
May 09, 2017, 02:31:19 PM
No trades for the past hour on poloniex because of "server lag." Its been happening the past few days too. Mods say they are "working on it." Lol.

Pretty sad considering the daily profit they make from fees.
I'm having second thoughts now.Bought a few XRP couple of days back when the price was peeking.Now,somehow  I'm guessing it's all planned.You're not the only person that is giving the "lag" reason,many complaining on the chats as well.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
May 09, 2017, 02:27:21 PM
No trades for the past hour on poloniex because of "server lag." Its been happening the past few days too. Mods say they are "working on it." Lol.

How did it cause the market to crash? The price on poloniex is $1792 which is an all time high.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
May 09, 2017, 01:52:46 PM

even if its true that they did have some issues, its still a poor services from them consider they are earnings almost a million a day on their exchange. whether its their server's fault, its still their fault. have no idea what their servers are but sure there are better ones.

this issue might just be exaggerated by competitors and somehow working  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
May 09, 2017, 01:40:49 PM
haha, it is actually the other way around my beginner friend Smiley

whenever market is crashing, poloniex goes down. a positive way of thinking is saying they go down because of the massive amount of traffic their website gets, a lot of people are trying to sell their coins to survive the crash with smaller loss. not to mention all the bots and all the stop losses that are kicking in when price is falling! and their servers are not strong enough to handle all of this. so they go down or at best become super slow.

a negative way of thinking is that they are shutting many out to prevent them from dumping their coins. for example their ETH tokens so they can prevent or at best slow down the process of catastrophic market crash.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
May 09, 2017, 12:50:27 PM
Hi all,

I personally that those periods when poloniex goes slow are bad. But somehow it's allways during midnight my local time which result in coins going down, just check the graphs, be smart to expect this, and make the weak thing of the platform a positve part of your trading.

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
May 09, 2017, 12:34:27 PM

I don't consider it as a crashed. I see it has some advantaged. People take profits while at the same time having a chance now to buy another round of coins. Correction price is still not achieved as those who were recently pumped still experiencing a large volume upwards. The cycle will just continue so go with the flow.

What's new when there is a big pump, it will always accompanied by big dump so that is expected. Yes kinda worried if you have some big funds stored at Poloniex and with just a minor problem people will panic but we have nothing to do with it.
Activity: 361
Merit: 100
May 09, 2017, 12:29:54 PM
This might be actually true as they are having issues for the past few days and trades were halted for a while ,what i really thought was my internet connection died,but then other sites were working and then after a while i found that the trend is going negative,because people might fear that the biggest alt coin market goes down and that might have triggered the correction.
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
May 09, 2017, 11:15:29 AM

Pages:
Jump to: