Pages:
Author

Topic: Poloniex Delists 17 Coins Today - page 2. (Read 4186 times)

legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
December 20, 2014, 06:10:20 PM
" I think SILK is up 100% today, over 4 times the price I paid.  But yesterday it was a dead shitcoin that wasn't even worth listing? "

Poloniex. You got some splainin to do. You guys are arbitrarily ffing around with people's livelihoods.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
December 20, 2014, 05:59:36 PM
Poloniex changed their mind on delisting SILK.

Under Announcements:

We've been made aware of new SILK developments, so we've decided to hold off on delisting SILK.

Posted by MobyDick at 2014-12-19 07:15:20

Yes, I can give you a link to Page 1 of this topic if you want to read more about that.

So Whoop-tee-doo, they're going to "hold off" on that one, AFTER they told me there would be no more discussion about it or I would be banned, case closed, withdraw my coins immediately and that's the final word on it.  So I withdrew my coins like they said, and now what?  I'm supposed to re-deposit them?  No thanks.  I think SILK is up 100% today, over 4 times the price I paid.  But yesterday it was a dead shitcoin that wasn't even worth listing?
legendary
Activity: 1267
December 20, 2014, 04:46:47 PM
Poloniex changed their mind on delisting SILK.

Under Announcements:

We've been made aware of new SILK developments, so we've decided to hold off on delisting SILK.

Posted by MobyDick at 2014-12-19 07:15:20

December 20, 2014, 02:52:42 PM
I also thought it was a weak excuse that the wallets might break if the devs weren't active.
Poloniex says they build all their wallets themselves from source code.

So what's the real answer to all of my questions, and why don't their answers make sense?
Why are they so evasive, and why don't they allow certain questions to be asked?
Is there a hidden answer that they won't admit?

Maybe something like, "We basically see all these coins as a scam and we never intended to list them long-term anyway."
December 19, 2014, 07:15:34 PM
So you turn down free Bitcoin?  Or you just don't want more people to start using Bitcoin? 

But you're right, Litecoin and Vertcoin are shitcoins and it's a burden to have $10 worth of them. 
I'll do you a favor, here are my deposit addresses:

LTC:
LVYnAVzxNjmyabBDqpyV2uK2oZV86io4ue

VTC:
VjGf5hYGAXGF8vf98VkW5wpRTgLkrSdMgi

You're welcome.

And since it's Christmas, I'll take 100 Curecoin off your hands too.  I'm like Santa Claus! 
It would only take your laptop 1 year to earn that many Curecoins, who else would want them but me?

CURE: 
BTQieFUxeFjQCSyVYhZnEdgxRBCxYvLYEy
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
December 19, 2014, 06:28:23 PM

Wow your family really lucked out, now they aren't stuck with less than $10 worth of shitcoins and .01 btc.
December 19, 2014, 04:37:11 PM

Thought I saw that posted before. So I guess they'll be giving around 2 days or slightly less depending on when they close the markets. It is somewhat short notice, but they do give enough time to withdraw. Also they're flexible and I've seen them decide to keep quite a few coins when someone makes them aware of a good reason to keep them.

#1, it's not enough time to withdraw for coins that aren't on any other exchanges and that I can't get the wallets working.  I still don't have all my coins withdrawn.

#2, I tried to make them aware of a good reason to keep the coins listed, but before I could discuss it with anyone they told me to stop talking about it in chat and they deleted all of my support tickets.
December 19, 2014, 04:01:31 PM
Bittrex, CCex, and Poloniex are bad for listing coins on a whim and delisting them when volumes drop. Best thing to do is avoid them.

AFAIK, Btc-e and Cryptsy are the only ones who don't leave their customers high and dry. Btc-e gets a lot of flack over their selection of altcoins but at least you know you can trade them tomorrow, next week, and next month.

I did have a negative impressive of Cryptsy, but I appreciate the recommendations and will also try btc-e.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
December 19, 2014, 03:40:38 PM
On Dec. 19th, trading will close for: UTIL, DNS, SHOPX, VOOT, NTX, LOL, NAS, EBT, MON, KEY, DRKC, AEON, AUR, CRYPT, PMC, BLU. Please withdraw your coins by Dec 31st.

Posted by MobyDick at 2014-12-18 06:22:23

Is there some other news box you're talking about?   

Thought I saw that posted before. So I guess they'll be giving around 2 days or slightly less depending on when they close the markets. It is somewhat short notice, but they do give enough time to withdraw. Also they're flexible and I've seen them decide to keep quite a few coins when someone makes them aware of a good reason to keep them.
legendary
Activity: 1090
December 19, 2014, 02:57:20 PM
Bittrex, CCex, and Poloniex are bad for listing coins on a whim and delisting them when volumes drop. Best thing to do is avoid them.

AFAIK, Btc-e and Cryptsy are the only ones who don't leave their customers high and dry. Btc-e gets a lot of flack over their selection of altcoins but at least you know you can trade them tomorrow, next week, and next month.
December 19, 2014, 02:30:19 PM
From Poloniex support:

"In the log I can clearly see you spamming and spreading FUD, you were warned and continued. I ask again to please re think the manner that you attempted to speak with us and put yourself in our position.

Our moderators can't chose what coins are delisted but they can make arguments with the team, if a good argument is presented to them.

We are not responsible for coins being ignored by its developers and we cannot fix problems on wallets when such thing happen, to protect our costumers we delist those coins and, despite the immediate withdrawal waring, the wallets remain running, we have no intention on keeping our costumers funds.

Best regards"

From me:

"Not only was I there when it happened, I can also review all of my statements at http://www.polonibox.com/?username=runpaint

I'll respond one more time as if you really believe what you are saying.

From the time that the coin delistings were announced, until right now, I posted about 70 messages in the trollbox.  That figure includes 37 direct responses by name to 10 separate users who had directly addressed me, and other answers to users in which I didn't address them by name.

So that leaves how many messages you're calling spam?  30?  Less than 2 for each of my coins that you delisted?  When you sell me 17 separate items and then unilaterally wreck their value the next day, I'm not allowed to say more than 1 comment on each one or I'm spamming?  

That total number of messages also includes such statements as:

"I will personally mine each of those coins if they'll just move them to XMR instead of delisting"
http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2364769

"Poloniex is the best exchange"
http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2364926

"NTX withdrawals are offline, please allow me to withdraw my coins by Dec 31st"
http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2365041

"thank you"
http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2365082

"Chickenliver, also I have been asked to immediately withdraw all of my CRYPT, and that withdrawal is also offline"
http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2365083

Where is the spam?  That's right, there is none.  

As for you protecting your customers because of changes in those coins, all 17 of the coins didn't change in 1 day.  Which means that if you thought you should delist them to protect customers, you waited until after I bought them and just protected other people instead.  (Protected them from me, so that I can't sell them the coin you sold me yesterday)"
December 19, 2014, 02:04:45 PM
On Dec. 19th, trading will close for: UTIL, DNS, SHOPX, VOOT, NTX, LOL, NAS, EBT, MON, KEY, DRKC, AEON, AUR, CRYPT, PMC, BLU. Please withdraw your coins by Dec 31st.

Posted by MobyDick at 2014-12-18 06:22:23

Is there some other news box you're talking about?   

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
December 19, 2014, 12:48:23 PM
They totally announced this days ago. It wasn't just announced the day of.

Check the Poloniex news box.
December 19, 2014, 10:48:15 AM
From Poloniex:

"I understand you may be frustrated, but there are better ways of communicating than the way you have chosen. We have a policy that have to be enforced.

For example we decided not to delist SILK, we are always open to communication.

If you feel you have any information about any soon to be delisted coin that could make us change our minds please let me know.

Best regards"

From me:

"Oh, you decided not to delist SILK?  Well I already withdrew all my SILK, because you told me to withdraw it immediately, and I was told plainly by moderators that the decision would not change and to stop asking or I would be banned.

Forgive me for doubting your sincerity, but how I could possibly give you any information about a "soon to be delisted coin" when Poloniex doesn't announce which coins are soon to be delisted?  All we get is an announcement of 17 immediate delistings at the same time. 

24 hours isn't even enough time for me to withdraw all these coins, much less research all 17 of them, contact people in the community, build support for the network, and send 17 support tickets which you will delete without reply.  So how exactly am I supposed to "let you know" any information about 17 coins at one time?  That's right, I'm not really supposed to and your words are empty. 

I understand Poloniex may not put much thought into how many people are adversely affected by their decisions, but there are better ways of communicating than the way you have chosen.  I have a limited amount of time and money I can allow you to waste with your nonsense.

"We're delisting 17 of your coins, withdraw them immediately because we're not going to change our minds.  You're not allowed to talk about it in chat, send a support ticket.  Your support tickets are spam, don't send them.  We changed our minds about one of them after you withdrew it, please violate our policy by sending support tickets for the other 16."

Here are some relevant moderator comments from the trollbox, if you care:

http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2364963

http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2365181

http://www.polonibox.com/?messageId=2364909 "
December 19, 2014, 09:55:51 AM

December 19, 2014, 09:03:30 AM
If they had delisted one coin, I wouldn't be here arguing about one coin. 

By delisting 17 at one time, with no chance to do anything about it,
they've made it an issue of the general future of altcoins and their exchange.

What do you do if you've invested in 17 altcoins and they're all losing interest?
Do you make any attempt to keep any of your coins alive, or do you just throw it all away?
Do you believe that altcoins have any value or future?
Poloniex has communicated their position on the issue.

From Poloniex support:

"I have deleted the transaction and refunded your coins. You are free to make the withdrawal again.

If you receive a complete: error, this withdrawal did not go through. It reported a complete error. A complete error can happen for a number of reasons. Always watch on the bottom of the balances page, sometimes you can resolve this yourself. If not, and it you see this, report it right away.

Additionally, this is actually the one technical issue that our moderators in the trollbox can resolve. You are free to ask them for help, they are very nice. Of course, you are always welcome to create a support ticket, we will be happy to resolve this for you. Smiley It's just that the other methods will probably get the issue resolved quicker.

Best regards"

My response:

"Thank you!  As for the moderators, earlier today they told me to stop talking about my support issues in chat or I would be banned.  As to always being welcome to create a support ticket, I created one support ticket today for each of the coins I had a problem with, which was about 17 tickets, and all of those tickets appear to have been "resolved" or deleted with no response to me.  But I do appreciate you keeping the withdrawals working, I know there are a lot of tickets so I'm thankful for the help."

His response:

"I am aware how it happened on the trollbox, we have a policy against spam and we must enforce it. The same goes for the help desk, I closed all your tickets because 17 tickets, each for a single delisted coin, is spam too.

We always keep the wallets in sync after delisit for as long as the coin network survive or as long as costumers have funds.

Best regards"

My response:

"It wasn't for a single delisted coin, it was for 17 delisted coins.  If 17 at one time is spam, then Poloniex spammed my money with delistings. 

Is 17 tickets too many for you to answer in one day?  Imagine if, instead of asking you to answer 17 messages, I asked you to download 17 buggy wallets that take hours to sync, and initiate 17 withdrawals, many of which won't work on the first try if at all.  That's what Poloniex has asked me to do.

Since you won't even answer 17 messages when you're getting paid to do it, obviously you wouldn't want to pay over $100 to get 17 jobs dumped on you all at once. 

What if you had sent me 17 replies, and then you got in trouble for spamming?  That wouldn't make much sense, if you were only replying to the messages I sent you. 

So why is it spam when I reply to 17 messages Poloniex sent me?

Is it because customer concerns don't matter and are treated as a nuisance? 

I spent over $100 on these 17 coins at Poloniex, much of it within the past 2 days.
Now the investment opportunity I was planning on has been yanked away.
I sent more than one feature request regarding moving coins to the XMR market, and those were also deleted without responding to me. 

So if the customer is always the asshole, just say so.  Don't lie and say I'm welcome to create a support ticket, when you're just going to delete it.  My $100 is down the drain because one person at Poloniex made an arbitrary decision against my interests and doesn't even care enough to acknowledge my objections or even my existence.

I wish this WAS just spam, because sending spam doesn't cost me $100."
Activity: 326
December 19, 2014, 07:25:34 AM
I tried to withdraw my Nas coins from there a month or two ago and the blockchain was not moving. I have not even bothered to log back in to check, but it would not surprise me if it's impossible to withdraw Nas. I can understand why they are getting rid of it because since the dev ran away there is no interest left in it.
Activity: 666
Merit: 500
December 19, 2014, 05:54:48 AM
@runpaint,

about poloniex:
coins are just being delisted for trading.
withdrawal usually works even for coins delisted half year ago.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
December 19, 2014, 02:37:11 AM
AEON, AUR, BLU, CRYPT, DNS, DRKC, EBT, KEY, LOL, MON, NAS, NTX, PMC, SHOPX, SILK, UTIL, and VOOT.  
Since I was hodling all 17 of the delisted coins, and some of them are not traded on any other exchanges,
I have decided to rethink my altcoin strategy.  When I bought little bits of a hundred different coins,
I wasn't planning on downloading and backing up a hundred different wallets.
tl;dr all 17 is a serious nudge to "rethink your altcoin strategy"

I cannot deny knowing KEY at least as an acronym. Cannot remember ever having touched any of these coins.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
December 18, 2014, 11:03:54 PM
what poloniex want remove crypt on market
Pages:
Jump to: