Pages:
Author

Topic: Poloniex.com new security - page 2. (Read 1044 times)

Activity: 484
Merit: 250
HubrisOne
July 21, 2017, 06:07:38 AM
they run the new verification system, if you don't complete it, there is no $2000 quota again.

is this one of new security?
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
July 21, 2017, 04:21:01 AM
I often received a one time pin code through my email anytime i try to log in to my poloniex account and i must confirm my access using this codes but is this enough a security ? Can it not be broken easily?

i think several exchanger use Pin code if you have not 2FA
if you have application 2FA, you can make 2FA youre poloniex account
i think is very safe if use 2FA
Activity: 960
Merit: 502
July 21, 2017, 03:38:12 AM
I often received a one time pin code through my email anytime i try to log in to my poloniex account and i must confirm my access using this codes but is this enough a security ? Can it not be broken easily?

Well these days is more difficult to break a gmail account. Even you as owner if you login from a different country your account, it will be difficult to login if you are not having a phone atached or another recovery email, but as far as i saw this is only at gmail.

People are often saying weak password and shits. It doesn't matter. If you get a trojan with keylogger ...you are doomed.

Also the most secure thing is to have 2fa. The easiest way to activate it is to download google authentificator on your phone. Also this can be hacked too by professionals if they can find your api code on poloniex for example or other ways.

So my advice if you're handling is to activate 2fa too. Just mail verify is not enough
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 21, 2017, 03:35:32 AM
The ultimate security you can get is from 2FA using google authentication, email verification code can be breached if you are using weak password for your email or you are using same password that you have used in multiple other sites.

I have 2FA enabled in my poloniex and lots of other accounts after getting hacked few months ago.  
Activity: 585
Merit: 250
July 21, 2017, 03:11:10 AM
Pages:
Jump to: