Pages:
Author

Topic: Polymath Scam: Stay Away! - page 4. (Read 1165 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10
January 18, 2018, 09:08:10 PM
Don't waste your time with these amateurs.

They super hyped airdrop got everyone excited.  First they delayed the release of their KYC instructions.  Then they took the KYC site down for two days while they "cleared a backlog." They've brought it back now, but they changed the rules.  Half the people who signed up are being told their wallet addresses are not registered.  And now you can only complete the KYC process by submitting a copy of your passport (drivers licenses and/or other government IDs will no longer be accepted).

Many of us spent hours trying to get approved for the airdrop.  I know I did.  What a huge waste of time!

I hope this project fails.  These guys are real scumbags.  Stay away!

stop your whinging man just cos you missed out on your 250 tokens, to call it a scam cos u couldnt or didnt want to register is like listening to a child telling his mummy he hates her cos she wont give him a drink of fizzy juice or similar lol

kyc is pretty much the norm nowadays with professional forward thinking companys, get used to it, unless your trying to hide all your stuff from the taxman?

Next time read the whole thread before you post.

Idiot.

i did read the whole thread u whinging little mummys boy, you hadnt posted your grovelling apology before i posted my reply, so unless i could see into the future then i was right and u were a whinging little brat cos u didnt get ure way, stick your dummy back in your gub hahaha

I actually did post my groveling apology before you posted.  All you have to do is look.

And the word is whining, you dumbass.
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
January 18, 2018, 08:36:07 PM
just out of interest and not to antagonize anybody but whats the big hassle with kyc, we all have to do it to trade with the bigger exchanges, just interested to hear valid opinions (not just scream abuse, real reasons only)

surely polymath is not a scam, i promise u all im totally independent and by no way a shill just interested to know

incase ure dumb minds dont work properly i'll just remind u, we ALL need crypto to head towards mainstream it benefits us all

unless your a benefit claimant begging off the social (uk) trying to cover your arse i dont see a problem with legitimate projects, if u dont like it stay the fek away
Activity: 364
Merit: 105
January 18, 2018, 08:25:52 PM
Weird. One thing is for sure they spent good money on advertising.

Wow, yay, they spent more than a million dollars in just marketing and advertising if i am not wrong, everyday, i use to check coinmarketcap more than 20 times. And from those 20 times, 15 times Polymath was on the top header banner. This means that they paid a lot of money for that kind of advertisement.

yh it looks like they really spent some huge sums of btc for coinmarketcap top banner ad.lets see if those who were able to sign up for the kyc will even receive the tokens.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
January 18, 2018, 08:24:07 PM
Requesting ID or similar such documents for an airdrop seems a little overdone. Smells fishy indeed.
Activity: 196
January 18, 2018, 08:19:55 PM
thanks friend for the information. I did not participate in this KYC airdrop program. I read some requirement that must be filled before participating airdrop. one of them is to enter a document such as my ID etc. its really dangerous and wasting time for me.
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
January 18, 2018, 07:46:51 PM
In my opinion, it's definitely not worth sending your personal data, especially on the Internet to a project you do not trust 100%. Given that there is an airdrop that will bring you $5
Activity: 258
Merit: 104
January 18, 2018, 07:42:59 PM
Weird. One thing is for sure they spent good money on advertising.

Wow, yay, they spent more than a million dollars in just marketing and advertising if i am not wrong, everyday, i use to check coinmarketcap more than 20 times. And from those 20 times, 15 times Polymath was on the top header banner. This means that they paid a lot of money for that kind of advertisement.
January 18, 2018, 07:25:32 PM
Thank you for this info. I'm just new here and now I know some Airdrop like this exist, where the goal is to scam people.

I'm glad I was able to get here, now I will make sure check for a lot of reviews before joining in on any promotions ^_^

im no way a polymath shill, i just signed up to recieve the free airdrop (basically free money, turn it down if u want) but if u read through this thread u will see the only folks moaning are them who couldnt manage to/or didnt want to register, why listen to a couple of fudsters when theres free cash sitting right in front off u

research the polymath token and they're team then come back here with an honest opinion bud, you wont be slated for it as at least u will have made up your own mind instead of listening to the trolls or the shillers

cheers
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
January 18, 2018, 07:24:35 PM
are you sure is Polymath a scam??? i dont belive this theory for now...
Activity: 27
January 18, 2018, 07:13:38 PM
Thank you for this info. I'm just new here and now I know some Airdrop like this exist, where the goal is to scam people.

I'm glad I was able to get here, now I will make sure check for a lot of reviews before joining in on any promotions ^_^
January 18, 2018, 06:44:41 PM
I just want to go on record to eat some crow.

I was initially very frustrated with the Polymath airdrop.  I spent what felt like way too much time and energy on this -- staying up until very late at night the night the KYC verification process, trying like 15 times to upload my ID only to end up with the dreaded spinning wheel, checking back every 5 minutes for like a day and a half after the KYC site was taken down to clear the backlog, and then after all that getting rejected because I uploaded my drivers license and not a passport (my passport is expired).

Well, I submitted a support ticket.  I didn't hear anything back, but I just re-entered by ETH wallet address into the KYC site, and now it is saying that I am successfully registered.

I take back everything bad that I said about Polymath.  I am glad to see that they are trying to make this process work for everyone. Kudos to them for their patience with so many frustrated users.

lol fair play to you bud for fronting up, polymath to the moon!!
Activity: 702
Merit: 251
January 18, 2018, 06:44:17 PM
I just uploaded my ID (outside the US) and got verified and passed verification in like 15 seconds.
I also put watermarks all over it.
Got a message I will be getting 250 in the airdrop.

Idk call me paranoid but I wouldn't send in my ID or any other verification documents. But it's still good to know it worked.

the people who say everyone is doing it and that its perfectly normal to send your info to strangers on an internet forum are just shills.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
January 18, 2018, 06:43:16 PM
I just uploaded my ID (outside the US) and got verified and passed verification in like 15 seconds.

Idk call me paranoid but I wouldn't send in my ID or any other verification documents. But it's still good to know it worked.
January 18, 2018, 06:41:46 PM

They super hyped airdrop got everyone excited.  First they delayed the release of their KYC instructions.  Then they took the KYC site down for two days while they "cleared a backlog." They've brought it back now, but they changed the rules.  Half the people who signed up are being told their wallet addresses are not registered.  And now you can only complete the KYC process by submitting a copy of your passport (drivers licenses and/or other government IDs will no longer be accepted).

Many of us spent hours trying to get approved for the airdrop.  I know I did.  What a huge waste of time!

stop your whinging man just cos you missed out on your 250 tokens, to call it a scam cos u couldnt or didnt want to register is like listening to a child telling his mummy he hates her cos she wont give him a drink of fizzy juice or similar lol

kyc is pretty much the norm nowadays with professional forward thinking companys, get used to it, unless your trying to hide all your stuff from the taxman?

Next time read the whole thread before you post.

Idiot.
January 18, 2018, 06:40:43 PM

January 18, 2018, 06:24:11 PM
I just want to go on record to eat some crow.

I was initially very frustrated with the Polymath airdrop.  I spent what felt like way too much time and energy on this -- staying up until very late at night the night the KYC verification process, trying like 15 times to upload my ID only to end up with the dreaded spinning wheel, checking back every 5 minutes for like a day and a half after the KYC site was taken down to clear the backlog, and then after all that getting rejected because I uploaded my drivers license and not a passport (my passport is expired).

Well, I submitted a support ticket.  I didn't hear anything back, but I just re-entered by ETH wallet address into the KYC site, and now it is saying that I am successfully registered.

I take back everything bad that I said about Polymath.  I am glad to see that they are trying to make this process work for everyone. Kudos to them for their patience with so many frustrated users.
Activity: 2
January 18, 2018, 04:06:29 AM
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 17, 2018, 04:55:30 PM

It's another one that is trying to prove that they are not a scamcoin. There is a lot of coins that did the same thing and they were proven to be wrong.
Activity: 69
January 17, 2018, 05:02:13 AM
Both me and my wofe got succesful registration. Be patient this is big
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
January 17, 2018, 02:49:19 AM
I posted a thread, but noone really gave two shits. I warned you guys.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28063113

NEVER submit KYC documents to anyone, anywhere. Very fucking dangerous.

Things have gotten so bad that some people can even release their passport details and address just for some tokens which might even not worth as much as they expected at the end of the day but the information provided can no longer be called back. Its important that we all need to be more careful in the information we seeks to provide.

Asking for passport or drivers license is way to far in my opinion but won't say they are outrightly scam if you are not comfortable with their request, just stay away with their air drop. Its not compulsory and no one is being forced here.
Pages:
Jump to: