Pages:
Author

Topic: Pooled/Remote Mining - Open Source - Updated 2010-12-24 - page 5. (Read 58999 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
hopefully the "Address ... not found in block solved" thingie doesnt cause any bigger problems

There might be some server up and down-age as I add some debugging to investigate this. Clients should reconnect gracefully. Don't panic if you see it Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 505
the remotminer-cuda.exe seems to work already,
although it's still slower than standalone-versions.

on my GTX260 i get
standalone ~45M
remote-cuda ~17M

hopefully the "Address ... not found in block solved" thingie doesnt cause any bigger problems

update: i just noticed that the remote-cuda.exe also has ~50% CPU usage, that's unpleasant.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi puddinpop,

what's the status of your OpenCL implementation atm? I see you have begun a implementation although it is disabled currently.
legendary
It will distribute the coins in the block the same as it did before.  If you see the message that the address wasn't found after the client gets its second block, that means something isn't working quite right on the server.  Check the bitcoin log file to see if there are any messages about clients failing metahash verification.

There are no failed hashes in the log. But there only seems to be one client passing: If I grep the log for "passed metahash" all I see is one client IP address listed. There are 16 clients connected to the server.
Activity: 103
Merit: 17
puddinpop, when running this latest version I'm always seeing a message on the remote client saying that my address is not found in the block being solved. It doesn't show the share that I'd get that it used to. Is something broken or is there a change in the behaviour?

It will distribute the coins in the block the same as it did before.  If you see the message that the address wasn't found after the client gets its second block, that means something isn't working quite right on the server.  Check the bitcoin log file to see if there are any messages about clients failing metahash verification.  Most likely, if you are compiling the server yourself, you ran into the same issue I have with release builds in Visual Studio.  If this is the case, try to compile without optimizations turned on.

I've tested with the binaries that I've uploaded, and I can confirm that they are working as they should be.
pc
Activity: 253
Merit: 250
I'm having a terrible time trying to get this running on my Mac. I think I've complied and installed the Boost library, and installed the CMake and CUDA library, which this seems to need, but I'm still getting the following when I try to make:

Relm:~/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src% make
[  8%] Building NVCC (Device) object cmake-bitcoinr/./bitcoinr_generated_bitcoinminercuda.cu.o
Scanning dependencies of target bitcoinr
[ 16%] Building CXX object cmake-bitcoinr/CMakeFiles/bitcoinr.dir/__/src/remoteminermain.cpp.o
In file included from /Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/remotebitcoinheaders.h:34,
                 from /Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remoteminermain.cpp:19:
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../serialize.h: In function ‘void Unserialize_impl(Stream&, std::vector&, int, int, const boost::true_type&)’:
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../serialize.h:475: error: there are no arguments to ‘min’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘min’ must be available
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../serialize.h:475: error: (if you use ‘-fpermissive’, G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../serialize.h: In function ‘void Unserialize(Stream&, std::map&, int, int)’:
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../serialize.h:588: error: ‘pair’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../serialize.h:588: error: expected primary-expression before ‘,’ token
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../serialize.h:588: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../serialize.h:588: error: ‘item’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../serialize.h: In member function ‘void secure_allocator::deallocate(T*, size_t)’:
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../serialize.h:700: error: ‘allocator’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../serialize.h:700: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../serialize.h:700: error: ‘::deallocate’ has not been declared
In file included from /Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/remotebitcoinheaders.h:36,
                 from /Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remoteminermain.cpp:19:
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h: At global scope:
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h:98: error: ‘u_int’ does not name a type
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h: In function ‘void Sleep(int64)’:
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h:106: error: ‘boost::thread’ has not been declared
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h:106: error: ‘get_system_time’ is not a member of ‘boost’
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h: At global scope:
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h:110: error: ‘myclosesocket’ declared as an ‘inline’ variable
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h:110: error: ‘SOCKET’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h:110: error: ‘hSocket’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h:111: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h:214: error: ‘boost::interprocess’ has not been declared
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h:214: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘interprocess_recursive_mutex’ with no type
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h:214: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘mutex’
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h: In member function ‘void CCriticalSection::Enter()’:
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h:218: error: ‘mutex’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h: In member function ‘void CCriticalSection::Leave()’:
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h:219: error: ‘mutex’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h: In member function ‘bool CCriticalSection::TryEnter()’:
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../util.h:220: error: ‘mutex’ was not declared in this scope
In file included from /Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/remotebitcoinheaders.h:37,
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../bignum.h: In member function ‘void CBigNum::Unserialize(Stream&, int, int)’:
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../bignum.h:355: error: ‘vector’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../bignum.h:355: error: expected primary-expression before ‘unsigned’
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../bignum.h:355: error: expected `;' before ‘unsigned’
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/../bignum.h:356: error: ‘vch’ was not declared in this scope
In file included from /Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remoteminermain.cpp:20:
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/remoteminerclient.h: At global scope:
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/remoteminerclient.h:118: error: ‘SOCKET’ does not name a type
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/remoteminerclient.h: In member function ‘const bool RemoteMinerClient::IsConnected() const’:
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/remoteminerclient.h:44: error: ‘m_socket’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/pete/Downloads/bitcoin-remote-20101205-src/src/remote/remoteminerclient.h:44: error: ‘SOCKET’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [cmake-bitcoinr/CMakeFiles/bitcoinr.dir/__/src/remoteminermain.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [cmake-bitcoinr/CMakeFiles/bitcoinr.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

It's highly likely that I've screwed something up trying to get this to all work (my guess is Boost), but there's not really much in the way of direction. Can anyone give me a hand? Thanks.
legendary
puddinpop, when running this latest version I'm always seeing a message on the remote client saying that my address is not found in the block being solved. It doesn't show the share that I'd get that it used to. Is something broken or is there a change in the behaviour?
legendary
I updated the server on 173.255.205.10 early since there were only 4 clients connected. Instructions updated here:

http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz/bitcoin-pool/

Basically you need the new client binary. The windows version is now called remoteminer-cpu.exe and the arguments to it require '=' instead of a space between the '-address' and its value (and '-server' and its value).

There's also a remoteminer-cuda.exe for those with a cuda compatible GPU.

Let see how well this handles load. If it's fine I'll take down the other server.
legendary
puddinpop, what's the URL we can get this from?

puddinpop updated the original post with source and binaries. I've also added it to my git repository in the 'bitcoin-remote-20101205' branch:

https://github.com/doublec/bitcoin-pool

I've just pushed to master the tweaks to build the miner only code on linux.

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264
bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON
puddinpop, what's the URL we can get this from?
legendary
I've updated the first post with a new release.  As before, the client and server must be at least the ones from 2010-12-02 to work with each other.  This release should help alleviate the hash rate fluctuation, especially if it is caused by CPU usage on the server.  The CPU usage itself won't be reduced, but it should be more stable.  Also, there is an experimental remote CUDA client included in the release.  Expect half the hash rate you get with the regular CUDA miner built into the standard client.

Please note that the way to specify options for the remote miner has changed.  Now you use = instead of space between the option and the value.

I plan to switch the pool to this version at 5:00 am Monday 6 December UTC. That's 5 hours from the time I posted this. This will require contributers to update the miner software. I'll post here when the switch is done. The server will use the 'contributed' method.
Activity: 103
Merit: 17
I've updated the first post with a new release.  As before, the client and server must be at least the ones from 2010-12-02 to work with each other.  This release should help alleviate the hash rate fluctuation, especially if it is caused by CPU usage on the server.  The CPU usage itself won't be reduced, but it should be more stable.  Also, there is an experimental remote CUDA client included in the release.  Expect half the hash rate you get with the regular CUDA miner built into the standard client.

Please note that the way to specify options for the remote miner has changed.  Now you use = instead of space between the option and the value.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
So it seems I'm not the only one having trouble compiling the code on an x86_64 platform.  Is it a known limitation that the code will only compile on 32-bit architectures?  Or has someone managed to get it running on a 64-bit arch?

Cheers,
Jon
legendary
Yes, most likely. As a quick workaround I've brought a second server online. If the number of clients on one is greater than 100 I suggest connecting to the second instead. The second server is at IP address 173.255.205.10 so the client command is:

I've temporarily hacked in a hard coded limit of 102 clients. Any connects after that will fail. Unfortunately no message is printed to the client and it immediately retries but it beats the server crashing.
legendary
puddinpop, it'd be great to have a way to set a maximum number of clients and maybe have a message printed to the client trying to connect if that is exceeded. Any thoughts on how to decrease the CPU usage of the server?
legendary
You mentioned previously that your server was running 80-100% CPU.  Is it possible that there could be too many clients now and the server is just under heavy load?
I saw the number of clients in the 180's earlier with the group doing ~200,000 khash/s.

Yes, most likely. As a quick workaround I've brought a second server online. If the number of clients on one is greater than 100 I suggest connecting to the second instead. The second server is at IP address 173.255.205.10 so the client command is:

remoteminer.exe -server 173.255.205.10 -address abitcoinaddress

With 100 on each this will handle current load until I look into the issue.
You mentioned previously that your server was running 80-100% CPU.  Is it possible that there could be too many clients now and the server is just under heavy load?
I saw the number of clients in the 180's earlier with the group doing ~200,000 khash/s.

legendary
Status update:  Offline again.  Traceroute seems fine though.

Yep, server died again. I'm looking into it.
Status update:  Offline again.  Traceroute seems fine though.

Yeah, I'm starting to see that too.  It's jumping between 433 and 1633 for me.
Should be averaging around 833 typically.

Odd indeed.
Pages:
Jump to: