Pages:
Author

Topic: PoolServerJ - Tech Support - page 3. (Read 27506 times)

Activity: 780
Merit: 510
Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.
January 18, 2012, 08:38:40 AM
Did he say if/when he is going to fix it? This is too good of a project to let die
Last time I talked to him was when he posted and said he would be back during the holidays so I don't know if he is coming back.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
January 17, 2012, 03:52:11 PM
Did he say if/when he is going to fix it? This is too good of a project to let die
January 17, 2012, 03:02:06 PM
Well I have bad news - and a very good reason why we need shads (or some other very skilled and brilliant coder) to come work on this awesome project!

After extensive testing on multiple pools and also getting reports from other pool admins

I have come to the conclusion that (although its supposed to) merged mining of more than one aux chain does not work with PSJ at the current time.

You can add multiple merged mining aux chains, and you can have everything running pretty with no errors
but the only blocks that will ever solve are the parent (bitcoin) and which ever aux chain you declare first.

I have tested this on multiple pools with multple aux chains multiple times in multiple different scenarios and I am 100% convinced of this to be true

if anyone can prove me wrong I would love to see it but unfortunately I know I am right.

I assume since at the time he created PSJ / NMC was the only merged mining compatible aux chain he was not able to actually test if this worked or not.

Shads we need you!!

Sorry I did not know you were testing this but Shadders told me it only works for one aux chain.
January 17, 2012, 02:33:17 PM
Well I have bad news - and a very good reason why we need shads (or some other very skilled and brilliant coder) to come work on this awesome project!

After extensive testing on multiple pools and also getting reports from other pool admins

I have come to the conclusion that (although its supposed to) merged mining of more than one aux chain does not work with PSJ at the current time.

You can add multiple merged mining aux chains, and you can have everything running pretty with no errors
but the only blocks that will ever solve are the parent (bitcoin) and which ever aux chain you declare first.

I have tested this on multiple pools with multple aux chains multiple times in multiple different scenarios and I am 100% convinced of this to be true

if anyone can prove me wrong I would love to see it but unfortunately I know I am right.

I assume since at the time he created PSJ / NMC was the only merged mining compatible aux chain he was not able to actually test if this worked or not.

Shads we need you!!

January 16, 2012, 09:21:02 PM
i understand that Smiley

my only concern right now is the way poolserverj uses weighting for merged mining

im having a bit of a difficult time trying to determine what the best weight is for bitcoin as parent and nmc/dvc/i0/ix as aux

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
January 16, 2012, 09:18:47 PM
not all chains do

btc/nmc/dvc/i0/ix are officially merged compatible right now, but im sure doublec's patch could be applied to any of them.
btc is only able to be used as a 'parent' chain. It can't be an auxiliary chain. It requires a block chain fork for a chain to be changed to support use as an auxiliary chain.
January 16, 2012, 08:34:17 PM
not all chains do

btc/nmc/dvc/i0/ix are officially merged compatible right now, but im sure doublec's patch could be applied to any of them.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
January 16, 2012, 08:31:02 PM
Do all the standard precompiled clients of all alt-chains support merged mining? I.e do I need to compile them with mm support? Cause bitcoin has the rpc command getmemorypool, but namecoin does not.
January 16, 2012, 08:21:01 PM
yeah

the funny thing is the last two times one of my pools crashed bitcoind with poolserverj it was because it solved a block

i wish shads would come back and continue developing this...

btw:

Right now I am merged mining btc/nmc/dvc with poolserverj and attempting to add i0 ad ix later tonight

am i the first person to do this? anyone else attempt more than just nmc with psj?
January 16, 2012, 04:48:06 PM
I was browsing on your comments in this thread, and there was nothing about PSJ crashing ?coind. Even namecoind crashed. After trying to restart PSJ via Ctrl+C the threads dont quit so I have to manually kill the java process
It crashes my ?coind I have them set to auto restart.
legendary
January 16, 2012, 04:24:51 PM
I was browsing on your comments in this thread, and there was nothing about PSJ crashing ?coind. Even namecoind crashed. After trying to restart PSJ via Ctrl+C the threads dont quit so I have to manually kill the java process
January 16, 2012, 01:20:18 PM
ive already addressed this issue
legendary
January 15, 2012, 01:27:51 PM
5619 [shared-httpclient-60] WARN org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - Unknown Security Realm: jsonrpc
5623 [shared-httpclient-60] WARN org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - Unknown Security Realm: jsonrpc
5627 [shared-httpclient-61] WARN org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - Unknown Security Realm: jsonrpc
[17:41:28.137] [WARN] Bad HTTP response connecting to auxDaemon http://localhost:8335.  Work generated from this AuxInfo will not be valid for chain: namecoin. HTTP response code: 401

Dunno what is wrong. Using 0.3.24.64 and get that. Password AND username are correct.

WorkMaker edition, pushpool compatibility is OFF
Bump. I need to fix this, so please, guys help me. I am on the verge of destroying psj.

Thanks to cablepair this is fixed. However, I encountered another problem. After a while PSJ hangs on windows causing Bitcoin-Qt to crash as well.
January 09, 2012, 11:21:14 PM
I already told you what happens

your running your pool on the same box as Ubuntu xwindows

and your actively using xwindows

and browsing the web with firefox and all kinds of other crap

and its slowing the already less then capable machine down and Bitcoin RPC cant keep up with requests from the Pool

I saw all the processes on that machine, you cant expect the pool to operate at full speed when your running it as a workstation computer for web browsing and all kinds of regular use, there are not that many resources available to that machine to begin with - you need them reserved for the pool - running a pool takes a sh1t load of resources dude its not like a regular thing - especially when you are merged mining three different coins

running a pool takes a lot of resources and if the machine its on inst super fast it takes a dedicated one at the very least.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
January 09, 2012, 10:55:35 PM
JSON-RPC getmemorypool update failed.

Whats happens when I get this error.
January 09, 2012, 08:21:55 PM
ive been wondering the same thing Sad
January 09, 2012, 08:12:53 PM
Shadders

If you are not coming back?
legendary
January 09, 2012, 06:33:54 PM
I really hope PSJ soon gets completed X extensions.

Such as X-rollntime etc.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
January 09, 2012, 05:57:13 PM
I keep getting this message everyone once in a while.  I was wondering what it meant or if it was an issue.

5470046 [HttpClient-upstream-work-submit-handler-38] WARN org.eclipse.jetty.util.log - EXPIRED ContentExchange@1769400994=POST//127.0.0.1:8444/#8
December 16, 2011, 01:21:31 PM
Has anyone added MS SQL support to PoolServerJ?

Because it uses JDBC this should be (almost) trivial as MS SQL is fully ODBC 92 compliant, just wondering if anyone's made the effort to actually write the associated bit of code.

I can dive in myself, I'm reasonably proficient in Java but I look to save time where possible Smiley

Also... shads.. you're outdoing yourself man... I'm very impressed with the built-in coinbasing & work generation now.  It eliminates almost all of the custom mods I had made to my version of bitcoind, which lowers my support profile and barrier to upgrades.

Really impressed here.
Yes he has done an amazing job.
Pages:
Jump to: