Pages:
Author

Topic: Pope attacks Trump saying he is 'not Christian' - page 3. (Read 4202 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
This is getting ridiculous! You grabbed some names somewhere, and you say you mixed up hotels with museums, but that just shows you don't know anything about the subject. The names of palaces you give, there's a museum, a library, and the Sistine Chapel (!) in there. I have to agree the Sistine Chapel is a huge room, and that it could house many refugees, but I'm not sure it would the most appropriate place for them. I don't think anyone but you has ever suggested to use it as a shelter for refugees.

I am not talking about the chapels and libraries. Don't divert the topic. I was talking about the guesthouses, residence of the arch-priest, palaces, and the Swiss guard barracks.

Just like Buckingham palace. Please write to the Queen to tell her she should house refugees. And don't forget the Harrods store. It's closed at night, but thousands of homeless would be happy to sleep there.

Listen, if the Queen complains about others not accepting the refugees, then I'd definitely write to her. I will tell her to lead by example, by housing two or three dozen refugees at the Buckingham palace. A single family does not need a huge palace with 775 rooms.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
Mr Coleman, if you say you've been to the Vatican, you're a LIAR!

I'm sorry to point it out, but had you been there, you you would know there are no hotels. I'm not saying there's only a few hotels, I'm saying the truth which is that there isn't a single hotel in the whole country. No hotels, and there's never been one. Guest houses? No guest houses either. Not a single one. I suppose they have some guest rooms, but I know that when they have a congress, some priests have to sleep outside the Vatican, so there should not be many of them.

Calm down ya batty! There are a large number of palaces in Vatican. When I meant "hotels", I was referring to them. Examples are Palace of Saint Charles, Apostolic Palace, Belvedere Palace.etc. Then there are other buildings such as the Swiss Guards Barracks, Domus Sanctae Martae guesthouse, and the Residence of the arch-priest. You are claiming that none of these buildings can be used for housing a few dozen refugees?

This is getting ridiculous! You grabbed some names somewhere, and you say you mixed up hotels with museums, but that just shows you don't know anything about the subject. The names of palaces you give, there's a museum, a library, and the Sistine Chapel (!) in there. I have to agree the Sistine Chapel is a huge room, and that it could house many refugees, but I'm not sure it would the most appropriate place for them. I don't think anyone but you has ever suggested to use it as a shelter for refugees.

Just like Buckingham palace. Please write to the Queen to tell her she should house refugees. And don't forget the Harrods store. It's closed at night, but thousands of homeless would be happy to sleep there.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Pope attacks Trump saying he is 'not Christian' for wanting to build a wall with Mexico - then Donald hits back calling Catholic leader 'disgraceful'

Pope spoke on Papal plane after trip to Mexico which took him to US border where he celebrated mass
    Condemned Trump's plan to build a wall between the United States and Mexico saying: 'This is not in the Gospel.'
    Trump, campaigning in South Carolina, hit back furiously, calling the Pope 'disgraceful' and accused him of being a 'pawn' of the Mexican government
    Trump is a Presbyterian who has highlighted his religion repeatedly and is battling Ted Cruz in South Carolina for evangelicals
    Pope had held right on the border at Ciudad Juarez, with celebration simulcast to stadium on American side of Rio Grande

U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is 'not Christian' because of his views on immigration, Pope Francis said on his way back to Rome from Mexico.

The Pope said, however, he did not want to advise American Catholics on whether or not to vote for Trump.
Trump fired back immediately, telling a packed room at a coastal South Carolina country club: 'For a religious leader to question a person's faith is disgraceful.'

The Pope's dramatic intervention came in a freewheeling conversation with reporters on his flight back from a visit to Mexico.
Francis was asked about Trump and some of his statements, such as vowing to build a wall between the United States and Mexico if he becomes president.

'A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian,' Francis saidin answer to a specific question about Trump's views. 'This is not in the gospel.'

Asked if American Catholics should vote for someone with Trump's views, Francis said: 'I am not going to get involved in that. I say only that this man is not Christian if he has said things like that. We must see if he said things in that way and in this I give the benefit of the doubt,' he said.

Trump issued a furious response, reading a lengthy statement from the podium on a campaign stop.
He reflected on the seismic impact of crossing swords with the leader of the world's largest religious denomination, and shrugged it off.
'Now it's probably going to be all over the world. Who the hell cares? I don't care!' he said. 'We have to stop illegal immigration ... and crime.'

Trump blasted the Vatican for what he said was a naive outlook on the ISIS terror army, saying in a statement released to reporters that 'If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS, which as everyone knows is ISIS's ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the Pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been President because this would not have happened.'

'ISIS would have been eradicated unlike what is happening now with our all talk, no action politicians.'
On his last day in Mexico, Pope Francis said a Mass on the U.S. border, where he railed against immigration policies that force many underground and into the hands of drug gangs and human smugglers.

Trump has also said he would deport millions of illegal migrants if he wins the November U.S. election. Last week he told Fox Business television that Pope Francis did not understand the Mexican border issues.
'The pope is a very political person. I think he doesn't understand the problems our country has. I don't think he understands the danger of the open border that we have with Mexico,' he said.

Asked if he felt he was being used as a pawn of Mexico, Francis said he didn't know.
'I leave that judgment to you, the people.'
But he seemed quite pleased to hear that Trump had called him a 'political' figure, noting that Aristotle had described the human being as a 'political animal.'
'Thank God he said I was a politician because Aristotle defined the human person as 'animal politicus'. So at least I am a human person.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3453193/Pope-says-Trump-not-Christian-views-plans-immigration.html

trump is not a christian for sure.. his god is money.. definitely like that..
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

I'm sorry to point it out, but had you been there, you you would know there are no hotels. I'm not saying there's only a few hotels, I'm saying the truth which is that there isn't a single hotel in the whole country. No hotels, and there's never been one. Guest houses? No guest houses either. Not a single one. I suppose they have some guest rooms, but I know that when they have a congress, some priests have to sleep outside the Vatican, so there should not be many of them.

Calm down ya batty! There are a large number of palaces in Vatican. When I meant "hotels", I was referring to them. Examples are Palace of Saint Charles, Apostolic Palace, Belvedere Palace.etc. Then there are other buildings such as the Swiss Guards Barracks, Domus Sanctae Martae guesthouse, and the Residence of the arch-priest. You are claiming that none of these buildings can be used for housing a few dozen refugees?

Even for you it is a new low.
Sometimes i wish we would get another great flood lol

I hope other members are taking this as a example to not lie in pretty much every post Grin
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
I'm not Catholic, but I confused at how Catholics criticize the Pope when they believe the Pope to be infallible.  If the Pope can't be wrong, the how can Catholics disagree with him?

The doctrine of papal infallibility is about the matters of faith and the belief system. But it doesn't apply to other things like politics, science, economy, etc.
legendary
Merit: 1001
Bitcoin - Resistance is futile
Can't remove tax exempt from religions in America. It is against the law to do that.

Then it is discriminating against the atheists. The atheists have to pay taxes for their institutions, while the religious people are exempt from doing so. Why there should be an exemption?

I think that it is the way it should work. The atheist tell lies all the time, then you can't reward them for that. We definitly need an official religion.

Congratulation Atheists, that what the church of the flying spaguetti monster was created for. Become a pastafari Wink

legendary
Merit: 1000
The pope shouldn't get involved in actual daily politics, especially not in elections. Also, he shouldn't label people as 'not Christian' because of there are many christian churches outside his domain.  
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Gloire à la Victoire !
Can't remove tax exempt from religions in America. It is against the law to do that.

Then it is discriminating against the atheists. The atheists have to pay taxes for their institutions, while the religious people are exempt from doing so. Why there should be an exemption?

I think that it is the way it should work. The atheist tell lies all the time, then you can't reward them for that. We definitly need an official religion.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217

Activity: 916
The Pope can say someone can't be Catholic, but even excommunicated Catholics can be Christians. It's not up to men to say that.
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
I'm sure Trump really gives a damn about what the Pope says about him.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
The pope will sway a lot of republican votes

Not sure about that. Most of the Roman Catholics in the United States are Hispanics, especially the Mexicans, Guatemalans, and the El Salvadorians. These guys are vehemently against Trump from the very beginning. The Mexicans hate Trump, and he hates them back. On the other hand, this incident might propel the anti-Catholic groups such as the Baptists and the Mormons in to supporting Trump.

And as Roman Catholics, most of them aren't Christians. They admit it.    Cool

I don't see your point Huh. If you are a Roman Catholic then you're a Christian. You can't be Catholic without being a Christian.

Not necessarily. Many Christians in word are not Christians in fact.

The only people who are true Christians are the ones who believe in Jesus salvation.

Most Catholics in predominantly Catholic countries believe in good works salvation.

Not Christian, even though many of them think that they are.

Cool

The only real Christians are those that agree with you isn't it? The rest are all heathens.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373

Not sure about that. Most of the Roman Catholics in the United States are Hispanics, especially the Mexicans, Guatemalans, and the El Salvadorians. These guys are vehemently against Trump from the very beginning. The Mexicans hate Trump, and he hates them back. On the other hand, this incident might propel the anti-Catholic groups such as the Baptists and the Mormons in to supporting Trump.

I don't see your point Huh. If you are a Roman Catholic then you're a Christian. You can't be Catholic without being a Christian.

Not necessarily. Many Christians in word are not Christians in fact.

The only people who are true Christians are the ones who believe in Jesus salvation.

Most Catholics in predominantly Catholic countries believe in good works salvation.

Not Christian, even though many of them think that they are.

Cool
legendary
No, there aren't any Syrian refugees there, for the most obvious reason that it isn't a good place to house people. Most of the Vatican is a museum. It's like saying that the Louvre in Paris, or the British National Museum should house refugees. Let's put it clearly that this isn't a proper place for that.

Have you ever been to Vatican? Not all of Vatican is a museum. There are offices, restaurants and hotels. There is a lot of space available for residence. Most of the guesthouses and villas in Vatican remain vacant 90% of the time. These buildings can be used to house the refugees. I am not asking the Vatican to take in thousands of refugees. Even if they could take a few dozen, it will be fine with me.

Besides, when it comes to restaurants, don't think about Las Vegas. It's impossible to buy a stiff drink there. Coffee with pastries, and you can get a decent meal, but don't expect huge T-bone steaks like in Texas. All the food and drinks are modest.

The only free space is in the garden. That place is absolutely spotless, large with beautiful flowers. One of the best garden I've ever seen. But opening it to refugees would ruin it. Just imagine London allowing all British homeless to camp in Hyde Park. Nobody wants that.

This allows me to repeat that the walls around the Vatican are totally different to the wall the Donald is planning to build. Regarding catholics, the average American only thinks about himself, so nobody shall be surprised but religion is falling.

I have to add that people around the Vatican are profiting from all the poeple that goes there. If I remember well, a tiny 25cl water bottle was something like 3€.
This is why USA should remove tax exemption from all religious organizations. Most are criminal and not using the monies as solicited. Now we have muslims claiming they are a religious organization and are tax exempt. What religion murders, beheads, rapes kids, stones to death, burns to death and we are giving them tax exemptions.

Cool
Activity: 588
Gloire à la Victoire !

legendary
My math might be a bit rusty, but 69% (non-hispanic) of 69.5 million people is ~48 million people/votes

Now, not all of those people vote, or are republicans, or had any intention of voting for Trump... but even 5-10 million votes is a lot

In that case, I stand corrected. Forgot the fact that the United States is home to millions of Irish, Italians, and Poles, who are overwhelmingly Catholic. Even many of those with German and French origins are Catholic. And you are correct. Many of these non-Hispanic White Catholics are traditional GOP voters. But the question is whether the Pope will have any influence on these voters or not. The Catholics in the US are not as religious as say, the Baptists or the Mormons. On top of that, many of them are not in favor of immigration from Mexico.

I think that more Catholics than one might think are not buying Bergoglio's bullshit.  As near as I can see, many American Catholics are perfectly happy to pick and choose church stuff which makes sense to them and stuff which does not, and that has been going on for a long time.  Some Catholics seem genuinely stunned at the hard left turn and new-age eco weirdness their church has taken and are saying things like "I want my church back."  It's probably not just Catholics either.  Some churches are actually given financial breaks by government for preaching green religion to their parishioners so I read.  Very interesting even if it is not terribly wide-spread.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/19/maryland-county-to-churches-preach-environmentalism-and-get-a-tax-break/

Some people are scratching their heads and wondering aloud whether Bergoglio is not actually trying to chase people out of Catholasism, or at least some notable segments of the flock.  I find such a suggestion fascenating and worth more exploration.

Catholicism is very different in America than in Spain, Portugal, Italy, and most of the South American countries.

Cool
legendary

legendary
My thought on that : Trump is not a good Christian, because he's not against the pregnancy interruption. The actual Pope is not a good Pope, because he's a bit leftist, in a political or in religious way, surely a mix of both.

Yeah the Pope isn't a good Pope because he tries to be good with other humans. Horrible Christians.

Papacy sends people to Hell by holding the Pope up as God.    Cool
legendary
Pope should not attack Trump. Trump has big chance to be the next President of America. Pope would be needing Trump help once ISIS surrounded Vatican.

Trump should not be the worst man ever. He should at least try to be decent.

Yes! Somebody needs to set a good example for the Pope.    Cool
legendary
Pope ain't nothing but a scammer. Period.

The biggest scammer the whole world has seen.    Cool
Pages:
Jump to: