Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 234. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 11
This is not strictly Creeptopia's problem...

Now they are sitting on almost 1 billion and can not return to the users the coins that were lost in the limbo that they themselves fell.

A coin with almost 1 billion of Market Cap with only 1 exchange in the confines of new zealand and then the problem is only the Lord of the Rings?

This is unheard of in the market. Those who did not buy from ICO were forced to buy in this place. Who listed the coin there was the Gandalph or the London geniuses?

Why no other exchange was not interested in this project so revolutionary?

These are all good questions which I have no answers to and I can only assume things, just like you...

First of all, there is no project/coin/team which will refund you because of some crappy exchange. Not a single one. So, don't expect this from ETN team either, no matter how "rich" they might be.

I agree that it was the team's decision to list ETN on Shittopia only, but I don't see this as a "problem"... There are plenty of other teams who did this, I am part of a team with 2 projects/coins, and I am constantly bitching about listing on other exchanges, but sometimes it's not so simple (or cheap) as it seems... This doesn't mean that someone is trying to scam you or the project is not maintained or anything similar.

Exchanges are not interested in any coin. They are interested only in FIAT currencies. Exchanges don't go around asking people if they can list their precious coin because it is so awesome. It is team's responsibility to list their coin on the exchange they like, and again, this is easier/harder to achieve from one exchange to the other...

Hope I clarified some things for you now...

At least you've noticed that there are many holes in this story. The rest, the sun and the time fulfill their function.

After ICO they mentioned about the exchanges and they are not showing any interest to list in the exchanges. Many times people asked the same questions repeatedly but the answer is nothing. So the only thing is we have to wait for official announcement.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0

Now they are sitting on almost 1 billion and can not return to the users the coins that were lost in the limbo that they themselves fell.

A coin with almost 1 billion of Market Cap with only 1 exchange in the confines of new zealand and then the problem is only the Lord of the Rings?

This is unheard of in the market. Those who did not buy from ICO were forced to buy in this place. Who listed the coin there was the Gandalph or the London geniuses?

These are all good questions which I have no answers to and I can only assume things, just like you...

First of all, there is no project/coin/team which will refund you because of some crappy exchange. Not a single one. So, don't expect this from ETN team either, no matter how "rich" they might be.

I agree that it was the team's decision to list ETN on Shittopia only, but I don't see this as a "problem"... There are plenty of other teams who did this, I am part of a team with 2 projects/coins, and I am constantly bitching about listing on other exchanges, but sometimes it's not so simple (or cheap) as it seems... This doesn't mean that someone is trying to scam you or the project is not maintained or anything similar.

Exchanges are not interested in any coin. They are interested only in FIAT currencies. Exchanges don't go around asking people if they can list their precious coin because it is so awesome. It is team's responsibility to list their coin on the exchange they like, and again, this is easier/harder to achieve from one exchange to the other...

At least you've noticed that there are many holes in this story. The rest, the sun and the time fulfill their function.

There are many holes indeed, not only in "this" story, but literally with each and every coin around.

Still, this doesn't mean that this project is a scam, right?
Activity: 251
Merit: 103
Just because its a cryptonight algo doesnt mean its a clone of monero they are very different

electroneum/electroneum
forked from monero-project/monero

https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum

I don't quite understand what are you trying to prove with last couple of posts?

People who are into this stuff know since the day 1 that ETN is an XMR fork. No one ever tried to hide that. I don't see what's the problem with that since 99% of all coins are fork of something. If you don't trust me, check out other repositories and where does source code come originally.

If you don't like the idea around ETN (no matter how stupid or smart it is) no one is forcing you join it. No one is forcing you to participate in this topic and spread hatred or whatever because you personally don't like ETN. If you have the excess of anger which you must direct somewhere, I'd recommend you to go to Bitconnect topic, there's plenty of good material there and arguments which you can exchange with smart asses there. If that won't be enough for you to get rid of your anger, I'd suggest to try with some other methods, like kickboxing, karate, judo, yoga, smoking weed, whatever... There are plenty of ways to get rid of your anger Wink

If you lost some ETN in any way and bitching about it here now, sir, I have to tell you that this is your own personal problem, and that's not the reason to spread stupid posts here like you do, because they won't help literally no one. Not us, not you. Close this tab, close your browser, shut down the computer, go grab a joint, play some ambiental music, do some yoga and you will feel better.
Hahaha I couldn't have said it better myself.
Activity: 250
Merit: 101

The big exchanges are now charging extortionate amounts to list coins.  ETN is far from the only one that has been on one exchange for this amount of time after the ICO.  Ethos took months to get on Binance, there's many others.
Activity: 250
Merit: 101
What about desktop wallet? Is it really so hard to release it?
They are rookies and have no clue how to code. all they are good at is marketing. look at it. Cloned monero, werent able to clone a monero wallet? with 40m USD raised? gimme a fucking break...
I think the entire point of the coin is that it's for non technical people to use on their mobile phones.  That's a huge market that most of the other coins haven't made the most of.  That's what they have been concentrating on.  Anyone can make a PC GUI wallet if they want, there's already one available.  Why would you want them wasting time doing what all the other coins have done?  There's already thousands of coins doing that.
Activity: 84
Merit: 15

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Since ETN is a Monero fork, I understand that there is no upper limit on the block size and that scalability-problems do not actually occur.
This is very important for promoting "mass-adaptation".
I think, the sense of ETN with a focus on Monero's unlimited blocksize is good.

However, because of Monero 's fork, the block size of ETN is (probably) 1 m 54 s.
Is not it too long to use in daily life?
For example, when people pay at a kiosk, can you tolerate taking about two minutes per a person?

I think, this is a matter to be seriously improved. If ETN REALLY aims for mass-adaptation.

I have to disagree with the monero fork. Monero's priority is high privacy, that means that every transaction is decrypted. That means, its almost impossible to create a fast light wallet, since you have to check every block since creation for relevant transactions. And No the centralized hosted online wallet is NOT a good solution.

the blocktime for etn is 60 seconds. But since its so low, blocks get orphaned a lot, so if you want to make sure you got a payment you would need to wait 10minutes. That is a problem almost every cryptocurrency has. For something small you can just wait for the transaction to be in the pool. There is the possiblity of a doublespend attack and that you wont get your money, but it would be a big effort for stealing at a kiosk, you might just steal the newspaper itself. And for bigger deals a waiting time of 10 min shouldnt be an issue.

They are rookies and have no clue how to code. all they are good at is marketing. look at it. Cloned monero, werent able to clone a monero wallet? with 40m USD raised? gimme a fucking break...

Great conclusion! Your logic is above 9000!
What about asking the dev team about this particular thing and hear the answer from them?
You can disqualify the problem of users for fear that your investment will go down the drain. What you will not be able to change the facts with these arguments.

A lot of users who are without their coins :
https://twitter.com/BlockchainBR
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/4024

Give back the money of these people that the FUD will end quickly and everyone here will be happy forever!

But you DO understand that this is strictly Creeptopia's problem, right?? To be perfectly honest, I never had this problem, ever. Just because before any deposits I checked the network status and wallet version here: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=ETN
I did the same mistake once on Shittopia with some other coin, not ETN, and since then, this is the first thing I visit if I have in plan to deposit something there. I completely agree with you that this is completely screwed, unfair, crap and everything else, but this has nothing to do with Electroneum or the team behind it... I personally don't think that there's a single thing they can do about Shittopia's crappy platform.
Activity: 140
ZEN

Perfect! 

what is?

Perfect! 
Activity: 140
ZEN
You can disqualify the problem of users for fear that your investment will go down the drain. What you will not be able to change the facts with these arguments.

A lot of users who are without their coins :
https://twitter.com/BlockchainBR
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/4024

Give back the money of these people that the FUD will end quickly and everyone here will be happy forever!

Activity: 697
Merit: 503
Just because its a cryptonight algo doesnt mean its a clone of monero they are very different

electroneum/electroneum

I don't quite understand what are you trying to prove with last couple of posts?

People who are into this stuff know since the day 1 that ETN is an XMR fork. No one ever tried to hide that. I don't see what's the problem with that since 99% of all coins are fork of something. If you don't trust me, check out other repositories and where does source code come originally.

If you don't like the idea around ETN (no matter how stupid or smart it is) no one is forcing you join it. No one is forcing you to participate in this topic and spread hatred or whatever because you personally don't like ETN. If you have the excess of anger which you must direct somewhere, I'd recommend you to go to Bitconnect topic, there's plenty of good material there and arguments which you can exchange with smart asses there. If that won't be enough for you to get rid of your anger, I'd suggest to try with some other methods, like kickboxing, karate, judo, yoga, smoking weed, whatever... There are plenty of ways to get rid of your anger Wink

If you lost some ETN in any way and bitching about it here now, sir, I have to tell you that this is your own personal problem, and that's not the reason to spread stupid posts here like you do, because they won't help literally no one. Not us, not you. Close this tab, close your browser, shut down the computer, go grab a joint, play some ambiental music, do some yoga and you will feel better.

Yes thank you! There are actually not a whole heap of Cryptonight algo coins out there in comparison to most of the other big algo's so not sure why the hate on ETN I think people are jealous they didn't get in early Smiley

electroneum/electroneum

If you don't like the idea around ETN (no matter how stupid or smart it is) no one is forcing you join it. No one is forcing you to participate in this topic and spread hatred or whatever because you personally don't like ETN. If you have the excess of anger which you must direct somewhere, I'd recommend you to go to Bitconnect topic, there's plenty of good material there and arguments which you can exchange with smart asses there. If that won't be enough for you to get rid of your anger, I'd suggest to try with some other methods, like kickboxing, karate, judo, yoga, smoking weed, whatever... There are plenty of ways to get rid of your anger ;)

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

electroneum/electroneum

Lol of course they are the same algo (as I said they are) - I mean they have a completely different market and user base
Activity: 410
Merit: 106
Howz the mobile mining working?

Friend,

The Electroneum is a MONERO clone. Each monero is worth more than US$ 330. If a smartphone were able to mine monero and it's not, why would it mine a coin worth less than $ 1?

So they say mining will not be real, it will be "simulated". If it will be simulated, soon it will not mine anything.

Wow, I've seen many many many many dumb posts but this one takes the gold medal. Congrats on being king idiot dumbass moron of this thread please just leave the internet.
Activity: 33
Since ETN is a Monero fork, I understand that there is no upper limit on the block size and that scalability-problems do not actually occur.
This is very important for promoting "mass-adaptation".
I think, the sense of ETN with a focus on Monero's unlimited blocksize is good.

However, because of Monero 's fork, the block size of ETN is (probably) 1 m 54 s.
Is not it too long to use in daily life?
For example, when people pay at a kiosk, can you tolerate taking about two minutes per a person?

I think, this is a matter to be seriously improved. If ETN REALLY aims for mass-adaptation.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
It might have taken a while but I was finally able to recover / import the ETN sent to my offline wallet (I transferred X amount in the last days of December and the transaction was nowhere to be found, yet the amount was deducted. When I tried importing the transferred ETN back to my online wallet, I would get the following message: "The offline wallet had no funds.").

Anyway, I am happy to see the team is still working hard on improvements (and even happier to have recovered my ETN).
Jump to: