Pages:
Author

Topic: Possible to get refund from BFL? (paid via Bitcoin) - page 3. (Read 3551 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

That said, you should be able to get a refund from BFL in USD.

Huh??
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Swim made a BFL order sometime in Apr/May 2013 for a single. Will (s)he be able to get a refund from BFL now? If yes, whats the process.

Not a chance, the product was priced in $USD not bitcoin. If you paid via bitcoin then you used a 3rd party like Bitpay that converted your BTC to $USD at a spot price to pay BFL.

That said, you should be able to get a refund from BFL in USD.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Which kind of lawyer can help me draft these letters? For e.g. divorce lawyers would be a bad option Wink   

I believe you don't need a lawyer to file a complaint. Just fill the online form: https://ag.ks.gov/about-the-office/contact-us/file-a-complaint/consumer-investigation-request
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Which kind of lawyer can help me draft these letters? For e.g. divorce lawyers would be a bad option Wink   
The correct complaint destination is Attorney General Consumer Protection of Wyoming, right? Or can I send it to Kansas as well?

AG of Kansas (where BFL is located), the AG of the state you live in, and file a complaint with the FTC.
Magistrate Judge Amos L. Mazzant of the U.S. Federal District Court just ruled that Bitcoin is indeed money, so you won't have any problems along those lines.

I actually thought Wyoming because BFL is registered there: https://www.kansas.gov/bess/flow/main?execution=e1s5
Current Entity Name   Business Entity ID Number
BF LABS INC.               4651691

Current Mailing Address: 5830 EAST 2ND STREET, CASPER, WY 82609 
Business Entity Type: FOREIGN FOR PROFIT
Date of Formation in Kansas: 09/26/2012
State of Organization: WY
Current Status: ACTIVE AND IN GOOD STANDING

Also, I'm a foreigner.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
The correct complaint destination is Attorney General Consumer Protection of Wyoming, right? Or can I send it to Kansas as well?

AG of Kansas (where BFL is located), the AG of the state you live in, and file a complaint with the FTC.
Magistrate Judge Amos L. Mazzant of the U.S. Federal District Court just ruled that Bitcoin is indeed money, so you won't have any problems along those lines.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
Nope, u cant
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
No, not if you paid with Bitcoin. Your only recourse is to complain loudly to the FTC and attorney general. Or sue them. Or maybe if you make a big enough stink in this forum, you'll get a forced refund.
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003
Swim made a BFL order sometime in Apr/May 2013 for a single. Will (s)he be able to get a refund from BFL now? If yes, whats the process.
Pages:
Jump to: