Pages:
Author

Topic: Post-count pumpers (soon to be scammers?) watchlist - page 2. (Read 4159 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
[REDACTED]
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

OK, sometimes only a view seconds between posts in totally different threads, that's really suspicious.

And warning of post count pumpers should really be necessary, especially for newbees.

I remember when I joined the forum, I thought anyone with more than 100 post must be a BTC God.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
For a while, I did see a flurry of Newbies posting b2b2b2b2b... images on the 21 Million Images thread, coupled with very short regular posts. The names elude me, but if I do rediscover them, I will surely let you know.

~Bruno K~
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028
I thought I'd make a thread to keep track of members dumping spam posts as I come across them - they post useless and obvious "me too" one liners all over the forum immediately after joining or after a period of inactivity, solely to pump up their post count, to increase the perception of reputation or participation on the forum. Scams likely to come. If you're not a scammer, this is your "you're not adding anything useful" warning.

1. HolyScott - recent posts

2. BitcoinOxygen - recent posts - dumps spam, then starts a "pool"; also  BTCOxygen

3. josephliton - recent posts - signature spam

4. hobo66. - recent posts - Posts 100 crap posts, profile impersonating another member, then the loan request comes.

5. SimpleMan - recent posts - Lots of redundant and me too posts.

Post yours; I'll add to the first post if they are good examples of this.
Pages:
Jump to: