Pages:
Author

Topic: POST FORMAT: YYYY-MM-DD SITE - HEADLINE - page 2. (Read 93803 times)

legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
December 10, 2013, 02:28:04 AM
What's the deal with all these posts with the date in brackets, so that they no longer sort with posts that don't? Has everyone just collectively stopped giving a shit?
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411
Shitcoin Minimalist
October 31, 2013, 11:50:07 AM
The date format is an ISO standard, I think. I use that date format in my office and instruct everyone to use it as well.

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
October 30, 2013, 11:25:31 PM
The date format is an ISO standard, I think. I use that date format in my office and instruct everyone to use it as well.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
October 26, 2013, 09:08:13 AM
Why are articles getting deleted which clearly are not dups...

And other justificatiins being... I dont like the creative title? Which is the same as the article and that comments are off topic...  what is this kindergarten class?

For example

Founder reflects on the closure of Bitcoin stock exchange GLBSE
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-10/24/bitcoin-exchange-collapse-glbse

The title was creative. It was edited to refelect the real title.

About deletions, well, the Press board just lost about 400 threads because Ephebus decided to edit all his threads with an article about dog eating vietnamese in an incredibly assholish move, so they were removed/trashed. Most probably the article you say it's not a dupe now, was a dupe 12 hours ago.

Bummer. That explains it.  Maybe someone should look into a way to lock the OP after some time period for this section?

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
October 26, 2013, 08:52:32 AM

And other justificatiins being... I dont like the creative title? Which is the same as the article and that comments are off topic...  what is this kindergarten class?

For example

The title was creative. It was edited to refelect the real title.

About deletions, well, the Press board just lost about 400 threads because Ephebus decided to edit all his threads with an article about dog eating vietnamese in an incredibly assholish move, so they were removed/trashed. Most probably the article you say it's not a dupe now, was a dupe 12 hours ago.
legendary
Activity: 1666
he who has the gold makes the rules
October 26, 2013, 08:46:29 AM

For example

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
October 25, 2013, 11:41:22 PM
People don't read the sticky. Instead, you should force people to read the guideline when they are about to post. Annoying yes, but I hate having to chase around a handful of people who don't care about the date format and don't fix it.

+666

That's the number of punches I'll give you if you ever have the bad luck of crossing my path.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
September 05, 2013, 05:02:36 AM
People don't read the sticky. Instead, you should force people to read the guideline when they are about to post. Annoying yes, but I hate having to chase around a handful of people who don't care about the date format and don't fix it.

+666
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
I am now a mod, but I have no way to force people to read the guideline.

Thanks god you have no way to force people to do anything.

+23

This guy seems to care only about proper formatting and not the content of the posts. If it was possible to kill people over the internet I would be very afraid to post anything here.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

Thanks god you have no way to force people to do anything.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
July 14, 2013, 08:46:25 PM
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
July 11, 2013, 05:01:04 PM
Why are you a moderator in this area yet?

I am no mod.
I meant aren't.
legendary
July 11, 2013, 03:38:37 PM

I am no mod.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
July 06, 2013, 02:32:27 PM
legendary
July 06, 2013, 11:48:34 AM
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076
June 30, 2013, 06:28:04 PM
Please use the title formatting described when posting new links here. Adapt if needed, use your own judgement. Please always include date and source.

Maybe someone can sticky this, I don't think people read the posting guidelines...

The suggested format shouldn't have a hyphen between DATE and SITE.

i.e., should be:

YYYY-MM-DD SITE - HEADLINE

example
  2013-06-30 Forbes.com Awesome Bitcoin Article

And for those wondering why this is a big deal, ... if the posts are formatted this way, then a link can be used to see new articles sorted chronologically:
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=77.0;sort=first_post;desc

Posts need not be formatted that way for said link to work.
legendary
Activity: 2506
June 30, 2013, 03:49:49 PM
Please use the title formatting described when posting new links here. Adapt if needed, use your own judgement. Please always include date and source.

Maybe someone can sticky this, I don't think people read the posting guidelines...

The suggested format shouldn't have a hyphen between DATE and SITE.

i.e., should be:

YYYY-MM-DD SITE - HEADLINE

example
  2013-06-30 Forbes.com - Awesome Bitcoin Article

And for those wondering why [having date as YYYY-MM-DD] is a big deal, ... if the posts are formatted this way, then a link can be used to see new articles sorted chronologically:
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=77.0;sort=first_post;desc

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!
June 30, 2013, 11:23:07 AM

+1 Should be sticky
legendary
Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000
June 30, 2013, 08:15:49 AM

Pages:
Jump to: