Pages:
Author

Topic: Post-halving - Will miners still operate? - page 2. (Read 3069 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
Miners have already taken their profits during these days when the prices were up by 400%.
I don't think they have any reasons not to mine, they will still continue to mine bitcoins as profits will still be there for them if the price remain higher than expected.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
I guess the miners will still be mining and they will be upgrade their miner to more power and saving electric. And the miner will mine alt coins too for add their profit.
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
Okay

400ph = pre s-7
 800ph = s-7
 500ph = s-9 ?

maybe 1700ph in gear could be  fired up today  if coins were worth 2000 usd

So  after ½ ing  none of the 400ph  or more like 50ph of the really old gear will mine.
and all of the s-9 will mine

so that is 450 to 550 ph as a guess

now what happens with the 800ph in s-7 and avalon6's  maybe ⅓ leaves   that is a guess say 300 ph leaves and 500 ph mines

so 950 to 1050 ph will mine in late July   but this is subject to  btc price.

I like the analyse, but I believe some of the pre s-7 going to hash no matter what. When someone is not profitable, he sells the rig. But the buyer should be profitable, probably with free electricity.

So there will be always very old rigs hashing by those with free electricity. So maybe half of the very old rigs could continue hashing and the second half be inactive on sell market waiting for someone with free electricity to be bought. Just my guess.

the older gear have density issues.

a set of 10 s-3's = 1 s-7    say 4700gh

the power needed to run = 4000 watts vs  1300 watts

soo for the summer heat mostly all s-3 or worse will power off.

maybe some s-5's and avalon 4.1's along with a few sp20s will run  since they are .5-.6 watt    but they need cooling and  getting 1 cheap post s-7  replaces 4 of the the older units.

I think a lot will drop out for July and August  but  late sept or Oct a quiet s-3   or two may come back on line.

I am guessing here.  As some people want a space heater in the summer and have free power.

My friends office has a 80 percent power subsidy so in the summer he is 3.6 cents  and he needs a space heater due to ac  I am putting in a S-7ln with sidehack's mod  he will run it 24/7/365

Since he needs the heat it will give to him.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Okay

400ph = pre s-7
 800ph = s-7
 500ph = s-9 ?

So  after ½ ing  none of the 400ph  or more like 50ph of the really old gear will mine.

now what happens with the 800ph in s-7 and avalon6's  maybe ⅓ leaves   that is a guess say 300 ph leaves and 500 ph mines

I like the analyse, but I believe some of the pre s-7 going to hash no matter what. When someone is not profitable, he sells the rig. But the buyer should be profitable, probably with free electricity.

So there will be always very old rigs hashing by those with free electricity. So maybe half of the very old rigs could continue hashing and the second half be inactive on sell market waiting for someone with free electricity to be bought. Just my guess.
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
I predict a decline in mining and pools shutting down one-by-one. Possibly, the difficulty will reduce.

What do you think will happen to the miners after halving?

They have no other choice rather than continue operating because there is always a hope that the bitcoin price will be increased so there will be still a profit for them. The price now i think is not bad for miners because there were mining also when the price was @200s so why not at $600 or $800s
don't think so,they have many choice especially on mining altcoin,it's all depend on the miners and their environtment such as the electricity cost or anything related to this

If miners will stop then it will be a big issue for the bitcoin network/community because the there will be lots of unconfirmed transaction, delayed transaction etc. But i think that they will continue (not all of them) but they will still mine bitcoin. The price can't be doubled immediately but gradually they will still have profit.
Yeah i think they will still continue if more miners are stopping mining bitcoin i think they will notice that the difficulty are reduce and new miners will come.
And i think bitmain will make a new way to increase the hashrate speed of new releasing asic miners. but for now increasing voltage of asic still can be happen if they release s10..

Many of them will be disappointed and maybe we will see a decrease on the diffficulty because the old miner rigs will not be anymore profitable so people will leave mining or move to the latest release of the mining rigs like S7, S9(14TH).

Okay

400ph = pre s-7
 800ph = s-7
 500ph = s-9 ?

so say 850 to 1250 will mine in late July.   

850 will mine at  550usd to 650usd 
   1000 will mine at  650usd to 750usd
   1250 will mine at  750usd to 850usd   

All subject to many factors.

Price of BTC , availability of s-9 , Price of ETH coin and availability  of rx 470, rx 480
Activity: 798
I predict a decline in mining and pools shutting down one-by-one. Possibly, the difficulty will reduce.

They have no other choice rather than continue operating because there is always a hope that the bitcoin price will be increased so there will be still a profit for them. The price now i think is not bad for miners because there were mining also when the price was @200s so why not at $600 or $800s
don't think so,they have many choice especially on mining altcoin,it's all depend on the miners and their environtment such as the electricity cost or anything related to this

If miners will stop then it will be a big issue for the bitcoin network/community because the there will be lots of unconfirmed transaction, delayed transaction etc. But i think that they will continue (not all of them) but they will still mine bitcoin. The price can't be doubled immediately but gradually they will still have profit.
Yeah i think they will still continue if more miners are stopping mining bitcoin i think they will notice that the difficulty are reduce and new miners will come.
And i think bitmain will make a new way to increase the hashrate speed of new releasing asic miners. but for now increasing voltage of asic still can be happen if they release s10..

Many of them will be disappointed and maybe we will see a decrease on the diffficulty because the old miner rigs will not be anymore profitable so people will leave mining or move to the latest release of the mining rigs like S7, S9(14TH).
legendary
Activity: 1008
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
I'm a home miner from Finland and I'm planning to keep on mining after the halving.

They're we go.  If a home miner can still afford to mine after the halfing even at today's prices then chances are any mining corporation in china with very low electricity costs can definitely mine.  For some people mining is their lively hood,  they won't just give up without a fight.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
I'm a home miner from Finland and I'm planning to keep on mining after the halving.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036
I think some miners will quit and some miners with bigger investments and stakes will stay and there will be a new balance between the price and the difficulty factoring in the new halved block rewards. Are there still Bitcoin hobbyist miners that mine at home? Well someone will still be there to mine the new blocks so there will still be people mining mostly professionally in China or wherever. Can the Bitcoin network function without miners?
Activity: 1050
Merit: 252

In my opinion it would became a problem and a big issue especially to those bitcoin fans and enthusiast and also for those investors , and i think mining pools will affect the blockchain i cannot predict what will be the result of the bitcoin halving .
Activity: 504
There are two conditions;
1. miners will left mining, reducing difficulty so that existing miners can still make profit even with current price
2. price will be up by atleast 1.5x or more after halving, than miners will keep running with same difficulty or even more

I am sure after halving, only one of the above condition will exist.
I think these are the most probable conditions after halving.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
There are two conditions;
1. miners will left mining, reducing difficulty so that existing miners can still make profit even with current price
2. price will be up by atleast 1.5x or more after halving, than miners will keep running with same difficulty or even more

I am sure after halving, only one of the above condition will exist.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
Why on earth would miners stop supporting the network given the recent positive price action? I predict that difficulty will temporaily fall but recover pretty fast
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

They will only shut down if the price goes down.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important

Activity: 294

If the Bitcoin price after halving is around 400 USD, then I would expect big reduction in difficulty, maybe up to one half. But it seems Bitcoin price could be higher, around 700 USD so I dont expect significant reduction in difficulty.

The reason is when the price was around 400 USD, miners mined at a profit. Since then price increased, but the difficulty not increased so much - so still possibility for most miners to be profitable even after halving.
Activity: 504

The problem is that many (if not most) of the altcoins use an algorithm other that SHA, so the mining hardware would be useless.

So no, they can't simply "switch to another altcoin", especially if that alt does not use SHA. It's possible they can just switch to a SHA-algo altcoin, but the alternative would probably be of really low value and probably just a ripoff of BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
i think, in the end, it'll come down to whether it'll be profitable for them to mine based on the price/diff/electricity-cost, triangle.

some miners might have reserved a stash of coins to be able to sustain operation while market is adjusting.
as in they might continue mining, for some time, with loses, hoping it'll become profitable again.

True, and if the price does not cope for the regular miners they'd be forced to turn off, only the most efficient mining equipment will be able to operate. Worst case scenario? China would control all mining.
Activity: 490
Merit: 520
Miners are going to keep mining, everyone will keep doing what they've been doing, aside from the value going up so the miners can compensate for the smaller supply. A halving of the supply doesn't mean that everyone has to shut down, it just means they sell their Bitcoin for more.

It's like how gold is mined, because there is less available in the ground not everyone doesn't mean everyone shuts down, it means they sell it for more, to cover their costs.
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
i think, in the end, it'll come down to whether it'll be profitable for them to mine based on the price/diff/electricity-cost, triangle.

some miners might have reserved a stash of coins to be able to sustain operation while market is adjusting.
as in they might continue mining, for some time, with loses, hoping it'll become profitable again.
Pages:
Jump to: