Pages:
Author

Topic: Post if your GPUs still profitable to operate? - page 3. (Read 5557 times)

Activity: 335
Merit: 100
I'm minting around 5 LTC/day with two 7970s and a few xeon CPUs on free electricity. that's 150 LTC/month at currently 3.7 USD/LTC... 555USD/month is nice
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Not to nitpick OP, but what do you consider good electric rates? If your elec bill is $200 / mo, and you're generating .07BTC/day, that's approx 1200MH/sec, and 1818.18... kWh per month @ $0.11 / kWh, or about 2525W of power 24/7, which seems high to me. Unless you're saying you have some big azz house and you're paying for all the other uses too from 2 7970s, which sounds nice, but isn't a fair comparison of "profitable" as your mining rig is probably only using ~475W of the 2525W you're calculating against.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Honestly, if your good with getting 0.07 / day then what about 0.03, 0.02, 0.01?  Thats probably about 6 months out at most.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Although the Network Ghash goes up, and the PPS goes down (BTC Guild), price per USD of each bitcoin still goes up overall, which is one common comparison of the value of Bitcoin.

So my GPUs are still considered profitable, being already paid off many times, and thanks to cheap electricity rates here. As of right now, I can mine about $294 USD of BTC per month (0.07 BTC x 30 days x $140 USD) but my electricity bill is never more than $200. I check this every week or so. Sometimes maybe a week is bad, right now it is good.

Overall it has been very good, and my almost 2 year run has been profitable, starting with just one GPU in a Mac Pro (Radeon 5770), purchased for other reasons, that I didn't even know had such capability, and now with the Mac Pro and two purpose built machines, made with used parts acquired cheap.

When do the ASICs take over? We are told last year, November? No, it's rubbish! Still now, April 2013, it's profitable for old paid-off GPUs to run. I predicted I might have to shut down in March, but no! Does anyone know?
Pages:
Jump to: