Pages:
Author

Topic: Post review - page 2. (Read 604 times)

copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504
Spear the bees
October 31, 2018, 07:09:40 AM
Anyway, why would we really want to remove spam post? I read them a lot and I do not see any problem with it unless it that vague to read.
Are you kidding me?

Spam posts are just that: spam. Whether it's redundancy or generality, they contribute nothing to the topic and only create a buffer between actual, useful posts. If anyone is actually reading the thread, they don't want to see regurgitated content or one-liner replies of "good project".
Imagine for a second. Any time you wanted to read a useful paragraph, you also had to skim through 5 (I'm being generous) paragraphs that either reference the same thing or add nothing new to your knowledge. It's absolutely absurd.
Activity: 518
Merit: 21
October 31, 2018, 07:06:43 AM
some legend users has said that the forum has no problem with high traffic of post recorded daily. The only problem with it is the content of the post that should be regulated or controlled. In this case, altcoin boards has lot more problem and admins does not consider adding some staff to monitor thousands of posts to review.

Anyway, why would we really want to remove spam post? I read them a lot and I do not see any problem with it unless it that vague to read.
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
October 31, 2018, 06:50:41 AM
Bitcointalk has a total board of about 240
With an average post of 8018.93 posts per day.
And an average of 322.94 topics per day..

How in God's name are the moderators going to handle about 300 pending posts all on their desk, considering the fact that they also have issues to handle in real life..

It's going to be life draining for the MODS and just cannot be implemented
There are other methods to draw their attention to spam/plagiarised posts, and that's the "report to moderator button"

Instead of literally killing the moderators with more work to be done it'll only be fair if the community(@OP you included),contribute their/your own quota by searching for or anytime you come across something fishy,check for plagiarism/spam/copypasting and call the attention of the MODS

MODS are humans also
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
October 31, 2018, 06:13:57 AM
So I postulate that any time a user makes a new post and submits his/her post, this post is made unavailable to other users,but to the MODs in charge of that very section,who's gonna scrutinize the post
This will never happen: (I was slightly wrong: keep reading lower)
Limiting newbie participation is very harmful for a community. Newbie jail will never return: I consider the newbie-jail period to have been extremely damaging to the forum. When barriers to participation are too high, then the best people often just won't go to the trouble of joining, and the people who are willing to jump through the hoops are often people who aren't good for the community: people with nothing better to do, scammers, get-rick-quickers, etc. Having a permanent newbie jail policy would improve things a lot in the short-term, but would end up being a fatal poison to the community.

if it's meaningful and not redundant would make it available for all to see.
There's some irony in the fact that what you're suggesting has been suggested before. Your post would have been rejected by your own suggestion, creating more work for the Mods.
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504
Spear the bees
October 31, 2018, 06:13:49 AM
This kind of safeguard to spam will ironically lead to spam attacks.

How easy it would be to flood the forum "pending post" database with huge numbers of posts to delay the moderators - Bitcointalk would have no chance.
Consider the current state of the forum: how spam is dealt with.

User reports post.
Mod looks at report and deletes post if it is spam.

If there's still spam around the forum then certainly the problem is either not enough reporting or not enough moderating. I don't anticipate the addition of many mods which would alleviate the latter and I don't expect the former to change any time soon.
Degradation has already set in with the Altcoin boards and I really don't expect posts to be moderated en masse. Do you really think mods will have time to pore over thousands of bounty reports, thousands of ICO comments, thousands of shills? Maybe if we get an equal amount of staff for the section Roll Eyes
Activity: 42
Merit: 5
October 31, 2018, 05:37:15 AM
Due to the high level of crap/shit posting and a plethora

So I postulate that any time a user makes a new post and submits his/her post, this post is made unavailable to other users,but to the MODs in charge of that very section,who's gonna scrutinize the post,
This postulation will be time consuming and will great a post traffic in the forum. And beside what are the criteria of a good post. What might be trash to you might be treasure to another so one person can't decide what's should be allowed to be posted. That why when ever a spam post is made it get lashings from reply and the moderator has the option to either lock the post or move it. This forum is not a day old it has done a good over view of how to make the forum grow not saying ideas are not welcomed. But this is has been tackled
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
Life's but a walking shadow!
October 31, 2018, 05:13:23 AM
Your solution will make the mods looks like this:

I know it's definitely gonna be difficult to implement and stressful to operate

We could get more MODS probably
I think the MODS already look that way looking out for redundant threads to trash,copy/pasters to ban and plagiarists to oust from the forum

It would rather make it easier for them,as every post would pass through them, and they'll check for redundancy,cheating,copy/pasting etc

Everything all at once(a proper scrutiny all at once)
It doesn't matter how long the post(note;new topic),would be pending,as long as it'll pass through scrutiny,then I don't mind
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
October 31, 2018, 05:09:51 AM
Your solution will make the mods looks like this:

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
Life's but a walking shadow!
October 31, 2018, 04:49:32 AM
Due to the high level of crap/shit posting and a plethora of garbage posts in the forum,most especially the BD,AD,B&H and most recently the Meta section,i think it would only be wise to come up with a new post restriction of some sort,as I think new threads are to blame for the high level of spam posts, as it also invites spammers in the comments that follow suit.

So I postulate that any time a user makes a new post and submits his/her post, this post is made unavailable to other users,but to the MODs in charge of that very section,who's gonna scrutinize the post, and if it's meaningful and not redundant would make it available for all to see.
But if it's an overflogged/over discussed topic, the OP could get a message like"sorry your post doesn't suit our criteria,and hence would be unseen to the rest of the forum,this could be due to the fact that it's meaningless or redundant.

We could start with maybe newbies/jr member ranks,considering they(we)contribute 85% of the spam posts in this forum

Let's discuss this
Pages:
Jump to: