Pages:
Author

Topic: Potential Portfolio Analysis - page 2. (Read 247 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
December 22, 2017, 08:49:21 PM
Hello everyone!

New member here. I have been following crypto-currencies for years now (not super close, but aware of them). I had the opportunity to buy BTC at $100-400 and passed it up. I am not going to let them happen again! I have about $1k to invest in crypto. I want to diversify to an extent. I don't want 8+ currencies because it will be impossible to keep track of all the wallets and keys. I have done a little research and have come up with the following portfolio:
ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

I am open to changes and modifying the percentages. I currently own .5 ETH and 1.4 LTC that I will use to buy some of the other cryptos. Does that portfolio look pretty strong to you guys? Feel free to tear it apart! I would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

ETH, yes, hold a larger portion though, also, why no bitcoin?

I can't afford a lot of Bitcoin (about .03). I head the fees are really pricey too. I  prefer whole coins or halves.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
December 22, 2017, 08:23:13 PM
Hello everyone!

New member here. I have been following crypto-currencies for years now (not super close, but aware of them). I had the opportunity to buy BTC at $100-400 and passed it up. I am not going to let them happen again! I have about $1k to invest in crypto. I want to diversify to an extent. I don't want 8+ currencies because it will be impossible to keep track of all the wallets and keys. I have done a little research and have come up with the following portfolio:
ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

I am open to changes and modifying the percentages. I currently own .5 ETH and 1.4 LTC that I will use to buy some of the other cryptos. Does that portfolio look pretty strong to you guys? Feel free to tear it apart! I would appreciate any input.

Thanks!
I don't know much about XLM or XVG. But I would increase my exposition to Waves compared to Ethereum for the following reasons.

Ethereum is already quite large and will require much more volume to multiply its value than Waves in comparison.

Waves with the LPoS system has a great way to participate in the revenue of its own decentralized exchange, which is expected to grow a lot once ERC20 trading goes live next year.

Waves is, since today (activation of NG), the fastest blockchain in the world with a capacity of up to around 1000 transactions per second. For reference, the crypto-kitties game that brought Ethereum to its knees only added around 7~8 transactions per second to Ethereum's blockchain.

Waves is about to implement smart contracts in Q1 of 2018 and will at that point by the best platform for token creation (and thus ICOs) as well as decentralized apps (due to the high potential throughput). The smart contracts will not be prone to security errors like those that led to the Parity failure that resulted in a loss of $300m worth of ERC20 tokens and Ethereum.

The decentralized exchange for Waves will be a major component once regulators start trying to crack down on crypto, as they won't have any means to regulate decentralized exchanges. The volume of such is thus expected to grow massively in the coming years.

Furthermore, Waves is still very tiny compared to Ethereum at only around $13. Once the smart contracts come out there is nothing to stop Waves from growing to $100 ~ $400 like Ethereum did when it made its big jump earlier this summer. Indeed, there's nothing stopping Waves from overtaking Ethereum entirely based on fundamentals. Technical trading bots may or may not delay this, but if Ethereum doesn't improve massively it might very well be overtaken by Waves in 2018~2019.

In either case, Waves can easily go up at least tenfold next year, which is something that Ethereum will have a much harder time of accomplishing (if at all).
Activity: 280
Merit: 105
December 22, 2017, 08:15:52 PM
Hello everyone!

ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

Thanks!

ETH, yes, hold a larger portion though, also, why no bitcoin? XVG has pumped hard lately and has great potential but unless you're thinking long term (1+ years) I would give it a miss. Waves is nice. Lumens I would try and look for something else but that's just my preference. Main point is don't split it 25/25/25/25. Go 50 in ETH or there or thereabouts.
December 22, 2017, 08:14:07 PM
Hello everyone!

ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

Thanks!

You didn't state how long you are willing to hold the coins you just listed above.

I am willing to hold for 2+ years if I see it gaining at least a little bit. I have a few thousand dollars in a mutual fund and I own a stock so as long as it, overall, is gaining a little, I am fine. I realize that sometimes it will go down Wink
Activity: 256
Merit: 102
December 22, 2017, 08:12:12 PM
Personally I think that Eth and XML are good shouts but not so sure about XVG and Waves, XVG has been doing well recently if I am correct but, from my experience, Waves doesn't really offer much more than a platform to release tokens, something which Eth does. I could be wrong but thats my opinion.
Activity: 322
Merit: 119
BEST BOUNTY MANAGEMENT. 10+ BOUNTIES MANAGED
December 22, 2017, 08:08:40 PM
with just $1k to invest, It will be more wise to invest in undervalued (especially coins under $1 since your investment capital is very small) and more promising coins. In my opinion;

Cardano (ADA) 40%
Substratum (SUB) 20%
Verge 20%
SiaCoin 20%

Hold these coins for at least 6 months, you will thank me later.  Wink
Activity: 749
Merit: 507
December 22, 2017, 08:06:43 PM
I'm not too sure about Verge and Lumens but I like your Ethereum and Waves choice. You should hold them for at least 2-3 years to make great money.
Activity: 322
Merit: 119
BEST BOUNTY MANAGEMENT. 10+ BOUNTIES MANAGED
December 22, 2017, 07:58:56 PM
Hello everyone!

ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

Thanks!

You didn't state how long you are willing to hold the coins you just listed above.
December 22, 2017, 07:50:32 PM
Hello everyone!

ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: