Pages:
Author

Topic: Poverty and its effects to the world - page 3. (Read 1921 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0
May 14, 2018, 06:37:12 AM
It is human nature. The way you act is based on how you have been raised. Practically speaking, those who have nothing are the very person who's throwing trash without a care in the surrounding, because of the way they were raised in their environment.
copper member
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1247
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
May 13, 2018, 10:58:38 PM
With the hardships that these people are facing, they really don't care about anything except how to make ends meet, in my country people exploit the land and water bodies for illegal mining because they lack jobs and want to make ends meet.
We really can't blame them if that's their way of living but the fact is that they really need to know what the consequences are on what they are doing. Illegal activities shouldn't be tolerated but how can you really stop them? I think offering an alternative would be a great way.

life isn't that great even when your rich.  The amount of wealthy people I know that have committed suicide is very high. Money can bring more depression and more problems.

I couldn't agree more. Life is always unfair, deal with it. Now if you ask me what happiness is? I would answer you without hesitation that happiness is contentment. Because when you have that contentment in you can't feel poverty because contentment is a treasure that will never ever run out.
Whether or not Life is unfair to you, you shouldn't let life let you down. That's my opinion. I have felt suicidal too but I didn't go to it because I think it's such a waste and there are more things to be done.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
May 13, 2018, 04:20:52 PM
Activity: 266
May 13, 2018, 10:59:36 AM
Poverty means the quality or state of being poor or indigent; want or scarcity of means of subsistence; indigence; need. From the definition poverty is lacking what is needed to make living easy. In this twenty first century having education is one very essential thing to be successful. When people can't afford education they can't have good jobs in my country so they become idol and there is a common saying in my country that says "an idol mind is the devil's workshop" so some who are desperate are hoodwinked into becoming terrorist like we have in Northern Nigeria. And this is a global problem. When people don't have good jobs they come behind in their budget hence they try to circumvent by engaging in crime like armed robbery, scam, selling and abuse of drugs, human trafficking etc.
Activity: 182
Merit: 14
https://bizzilions.com/?ref=sham100899
May 13, 2018, 08:54:26 AM
life isn't that great even when your rich.  The amount of wealthy people I know that have committed suicide is very high. Money can bring more depression and more problems.

I couldn't agree more. Life is always unfair, deal with it. Now if you ask me what happiness is? I would answer you without hesitation that happiness is contentment. Because when you have that contentment in you can't feel poverty because contentment is a treasure that will never ever run out.
Activity: 62
Merit: 1
May 13, 2018, 06:01:28 AM
Here, at the forum, was the opinion that cryptocurrency is one of the tools to combat poverty. But to do this, you need to change your thinking, get the appropriate knowledge and act. And who will tell poor people about cryptocurrencies? So I think that cryptocurrencies can not help in the fight against poverty.

I am sincerely hoping it will.
Changing money sysstems to digital; giving people a digital identity; allowing access to services only reserved for those with a bank account....it's not just absolute 3rd world poverty, it's also helping those in each developed country living below the breadline (acceptable minimum living conditions) and those struggling just above it
We can do this, I honestly and fervently hope.
Activity: 140
Less troubles
May 13, 2018, 04:35:49 AM
Definitely life aren't fair, being poor never has advantage, depression and suicidal thoughts are caused by so many factors which social anxiety is the chief head of all.
Depression and suicidal tendencies can happen to anyone in respective of their status and securities.

Nevertheless when you are rich you have some sort of security.
Activity: 240
Merit: 10
May 13, 2018, 02:49:01 AM
Less troubles
May 12, 2018, 02:49:56 PM
I think something we need to keep in mind is that the current system is designed to keep the majority of people in poverty (globally).
Wealthy countries provide "aid" to poorer countries in what seems to be a gesture of goodwill but in actual fact, it is merely a means of control.

We all know the saying, give a man a fish and u feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Well, there is another part of that saying that they don't talk about. If you give a man a fish every day of his life then you OWN him for the rest of his lfe. He will do whatever you tell him to do because he and his family are depending on that fish you give them every day. Much like how a dog will not bite the hand the person that feeds it. The current system is designed to maintain power over the masses by enslaving them with "handouts"

Blockchain technology has the potential to take away the power from the few and put in the hands of the masses. Blockchain has the ability to change everything and it's only a matter of time until people start realizing it.

The best way to create a new system is not to destroy the old one, but instead, build a new system that simply makes the old on obsolete.

Blockchain will be the new revolution, taking away power from governments and corporations, instead, it will place this power in the hands of the people!
Yes blockchain will do a better job  but yet you still need to start up with something, mostly money. In a poor or poverty driven environment it doesn't come easy at all. Investing in crypto requires money, for instance 1 ETH cost above 700$ which might worth a fortune somewhere.
Activity: 294
Merit: 12
Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.
May 11, 2018, 03:38:14 PM
I think something we need to keep in mind is that the current system is designed to keep the majority of people in poverty (globally).
Wealthy countries provide "aid" to poorer countries in what seems to be a gesture of goodwill but in actual fact, it is merely a means of control.

We all know the saying, give a man a fish and u feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Well, there is another part of that saying that they don't talk about. If you give a man a fish every day of his life then you OWN him for the rest of his lfe. He will do whatever you tell him to do because he and his family are depending on that fish you give them every day. Much like how a dog will not bite the hand the person that feeds it. The current system is designed to maintain power over the masses by enslaving them with "handouts"

Blockchain technology has the potential to take away the power from the few and put in the hands of the masses. Blockchain has the ability to change everything and it's only a matter of time until people start realizing it.

The best way to create a new system is not to destroy the old one, but instead, build a new system that simply makes the old on obsolete.

Blockchain will be the new revolution, taking away power from governments and corporations, instead, it will place this power in the hands of the people!
Activity: 38
Merit: 2
May 11, 2018, 01:14:02 PM
Here, at the forum, was the opinion that cryptocurrency is one of the tools to combat poverty. But to do this, you need to change your thinking, get the appropriate knowledge and act. And who will tell poor people about cryptocurrencies? So I think that cryptocurrencies can not help in the fight against poverty.

Some of the poorest and most economically depressed countries are embracing cryptocurrencies. This is an interesting experiment and we'll be able to see how cryptos can make a positive impact on these regions.
copper member
May 10, 2018, 10:09:35 PM
To aid our environment, we need primarily help the poor and to educate people is the key. They need to know what is the harmless and correct methods they can use to dispose their waste. You’re on the right track, crwth(OP), to start with small steps, taking actions to help our environment is very important to begin and sustain our environment back to its healthy condition. Solid Waste Management: Awareness and Practice are being implemented and discuss in our country, which is a good thing to head start address our environmental issues.
I also agree that education is the most important thing to be applied especially if you let the others know what their actions can do to the environment and what more could they do? I think it’s the people who look blindly at their faults and chose not to fix their actions. People focus on themselves that they forget what the consequences is and how it affects it in a bigger scale.

I think it is the people that needs to adjust and crypto currencies can definitely help fight poverty if people that has a lot would give time to those who doesn’t have. But mainly, the people who has money would definitely wouldn’t help with that a lot. (Not saying everyone but mostly)
PSL
Activity: 166
Merit: 10
May 10, 2018, 02:37:43 AM
Activity: 139
May 10, 2018, 12:41:41 AM
Perhaps the perceived impact of poverty is the increase in the unemployment rate, and the resulting income becomes thinned or even absent, if there is no income and still has dependents for his son, then the education of children who are victims of poverty.
Activity: 375
Merit: 1021
Just in case no one loves you, I love you 3000.
May 08, 2018, 07:11:26 AM
We are starting to feel the climate disturbance and weakening of our environment, the poverty level, feels these the most. Poverty has different meaning which depends on the point of view of people, it can involve salary, social, and economic contingency. In terms of salary, people considered poor when their salary does not meet its needs to provide their family (less income vs greater needs). Countries can be consider poor if it has a high unemployment rate, which cannot afford to produce a decent normal living to its people.

Environment resources are exhausted because of poverty, use of resources to help them stay alive are damaging: air pollution, water pollution, climate change, and ecosystem are affected. Humanity, overall, stress our environment, poverty to be specific has played a major part on environmental dilapidation not just in your country, but also, across the world. Needy populations, damaging habits in which we use our natural resources, include forest lumber and soil, uninformed of the err, are enduring the damaging cycle that twists the environment to further collapse.

To aid our environment, we need primarily help the poor and to educate people is the key. They need to know what is the harmless and correct methods they can use to dispose their waste. You’re on the right track, crwth(OP), to start with small steps, taking actions to help our environment is very important to begin and sustain our environment back to its healthy condition. Solid Waste Management: Awareness and Practice are being implemented and discuss in our country, which is a good thing to head start address our environmental issues.
copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 420
We are Bitcoin!
May 08, 2018, 06:06:17 AM
Definitely for me it’s important to take care of the earth and the even in my own little way,  just by disposing the right trash in the right bin, being mindful of what I’m doing and supporting recycling.
Earth is our host and we are the parasite. If you let the parasite grow then it will destroy the host someday. No host no parasite. So, one way or another, we are the problem for the mother earth. The best thing we can do is, do as little harm as we can to the mother earth. Take care of your host.
Less troubles
May 08, 2018, 05:54:08 AM
They disregard to throw their trash in the right places probably they are just lazy people and does not think twice what they can cause in the long run. When throwing trash, there’s a choice but when it comes to making a living it is different.
This is one big problem we have in my country, Disregard to what your today actions might cause on a long run.
As demeaning as it may. I think atoning for every action you take will solve this kind of problem, take for instance in my country you can throw trash on the ground depending on the environment you find yourself and no one will dear question you.
But then this same people throwing trash anywhere they like when they travel to other country they seems to act civilized and do things accordingly why because, they know that every wrong action you take will always attract a punishment, possible jail time in that country they visited.
Just like this prestigious Bitcointalk.org forum, when caught you get ban for any rule you break thereby making people abide by rules. 
However most underdeveloped countries lacks accountability, thereby making people misbehave even those so called government officials.     
copper member
May 08, 2018, 01:47:41 AM
There are a lot of factors were the country could be considered a Third World country. Say they are the least developed country or the economy is not really working and just staying on the same level. It has something to do with social programs and how that government or the blame society is applying to the lesser people who has no power or just staying alive for now until they can get some meaning in life. What I need by meaning they could handle all the things that life throws at them and staying still with all the problems in knowing what to do when they have them.

This brings curiosity in my part because in my country there are a lot of people who doesn’t care about the World and the environment they just doesn’t really necessarily know how to take care of the earth if that makes sense. They disregard to throw their trash in the right places probably they are just lazy people and does not think twice what they can cause in the long run. When throwing trash, there’s a choice but when it comes to making a living it is different.

Smoke belching vehicles have been obviously a big factor to the global increase in carbon dioxide emissions and it seriously affects us every minute days goes by. If you manage to understand what drivers are into and that they have no choice but to drive those vehicles and thait’s the only way to live.

Is it because people disregard of that environment because they have less than others? Meaning they don’t have the mindset or wouldn’t think about saving the environment because they are thinking only about themselves? Or is it the richer this regards the environment or just the person? I’m thinking if it was directly proportional or somehow related to what the person’s capability is and what they could afford. Something like that.

Definitely for me it’s important to take care of the earth and the even in my own little way,  just by disposing the right trash in the right bin, being mindful of what I’m doing and supporting recycling.

What’s your take?
Pages:
Jump to: