Pages:
Author

Topic: [PoW] Ergo - Welcome to Smart Money! - page 3. (Read 2040 times)

Activity: 144
Merit: 0
  - New Proof-of-Work scheme, Autolykos – a variant of Equihash with better ASIC-resistance

How does it have better ASIC resistance, when Equihash is claimed to have superlinear time-memory tradeoffs (TMTO)
while Autolykos can be solved with no memory and constant slowdown?

IMHO it's closer to Ethash than to Equihash.

Autolykos is pretty close to Equihash, it is based on k-sum problem , but also adds a signature component for somewhat pool-resistance. Parameters are chosen in order to be much more memory-intensive (and memory-bandwidth intensive) than ZCash's and other popular Equihash coins PoWs.

Autolykos is very different from Equihash in memory requirements.

Equihash searches for an arbitrary size 2^k subset of indices,
whose corresponding items must xor to 0 (as well as satisfy
other conditions on the ordered binary tree of indices and items).
Memory is needed to sort and combine partial solutions.
Without memory, finding a solution would take longer than the age of the universe.

Autolykos instead generates the possible subsets as genIndexes(m||nonce),
as shown in Algorithm 1 of https://docs.ergoplatform.com/ErgoPow.pdf
The element at an index j is trivially computed as H(j||M||pk||m||w)
No memory at all is required for that.
It could be used to cache the hash computation of elements, but that is at best
a constant factor speedup.

Ah I see. We're discussing it, see https://github.com/ergoplatform/ergo/issues/1100 (are you BigEvilSoloMiner aka AsicResearcher maybe though? )
Oh actually I was wondering about it too, thanks

Yeah, that's definitely very helpful and useful!

I totally agree with you Wink

When Ergo pump  Grin
Activity: 107
  - New Proof-of-Work scheme, Autolykos – a variant of Equihash with better ASIC-resistance

How does it have better ASIC resistance, when Equihash is claimed to have superlinear time-memory tradeoffs (TMTO)

Autolykos is pretty close to Equihash, it is based on k-sum problem , but also adds a signature component for somewhat pool-resistance. Parameters are chosen in order to be much more memory-intensive (and memory-bandwidth intensive) than ZCash's and other popular Equihash coins PoWs.

Without memory, finding a solution would take longer than the age of the universe.

Ah I see. We're discussing it, see https://github.com/ergoplatform/ergo/issues/1100 (are you BigEvilSoloMiner aka AsicResearcher maybe though? )

I totally agree with you Wink

Wow, you're here, that's awesome! Thank you for your work, you do great!
Activity: 315
Merit: 103

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

Sorry for the long reply, had problems with recovering the password!

Autolykos is based on k-sum problem and not very different from generalized based problem based Equihash then. Can you explain about "no memory and constant slowdown" please?
simple?? solid and innovative cryptocurrency??

To run this node, and wallet, I need to set the profile to be connected to the node in a specific link. Why can't you just double-click to open it, and then click to create a wallet? In a word, I think you should design it more simply and easy to use! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
It would be too easy

Lmao, you're right  Grin
haha I know right, everything is how it should be

Although about simplicity, he's right, it would be nice if it were simple and many people could use blockchain technologies

Btw, the blockchain, already an awesome technology, but still very far from ideal and many companies still prefer traditional methods (and somewhere blockchain is not needed at all)

Simplicity is one of the main requirements for technology, and Ergo is moving rapidly towards simplification of technology and, in turn, the adoption of the blockchain in general!

To run this node, and wallet, I need to set the profile to be connected to the node in a specific link. Why can't you just double-click to open it, and then click to create a wallet? In a word, I think you should design it more simply and easy to use! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
It would be too easy

Lmao, you're right  Grin

Although about simplicity, he's right, it would be nice if it were simple and many people could use blockchain technologies

Btw, the blockchain, already an awesome technology, but still very far from ideal and many companies still prefer traditional methods (and somewhere blockchain is not needed at all)

It would be too easy

Lmao, you're right  Grin

It would be too easy

Lmao, you're right  Grin

It would be too easy

Lmao, you're right  Grin

Interesting feedback. Maybe they'll get familiarized with one, or you need to try tweeting with them

It would be too easy
Activity: 2

Ergo now is listed on Coinsbit, nice!

Yeah, and this's pretty awesome!
Ergo now is listed on Coinsbit, nice!
Guys, take part in the voting for our favorite project! https://atomars.com/currency-voting

I do it every day!  Roll Eyes

But, unfortunately, we are losing  Undecided

By the number of votes, we can see that the community is already there and soon one will be even more, and this is very good!
Guys, take part in the voting for our favorite project! https://atomars.com/currency-voting

But, unfortunately, we are losing  Undecided

Pages:
Jump to: