Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency - page 42. (Read 42181 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
If posters in this thread are rewarded, does that mean this lousy post gets me some stone?🤔
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
Hi I donated 13.4 eth while drunk a few nights ago (I know i'm not smart ;().  I am supportive of the mission, but.. that was more money than I could afford to donate.

I appreciate that donations are welcome but not required/expected/wanted in duress, could you please refund me back to the donation address? 

CCNCCN  |  https://etherscan.io/tx/0x3aa90ad6e2ecf58499a24145b53a8b39062bd5543f1ce7823956d11e13e4bcec

Many Thanks,
CCN

I'm curious ... did you get a refund?

I checked the address and It doesn´t seem so till now.

Hey Felix, is there any way I can get on the testnet?

the list is full right now as far as i remember

No... no refund and no communication.. its a bit worrying :/

well let´s wait for felixando to keep up with everything in here
copper member
Activity: 72
without "proof-of-identity" it is not possible to distribute the Coin completely fair....
I believe Jumio  charges 8$ per ID verification. This fee can be paid back inform of Stone coins to the users. The process for the verification is automated via camara and id card..

https://www.jumio.com/trusted-identity/netverify/id-verification/

edit: URL added

This sounds like an interesting way to distribute a Crypto...  Has it been done before?      Can anyone see any flaws in this method of distribution?

Any way the system could be gamed with cunning?   Or with wealth (Rich paying to buy confirmed Jumio ID's?)

Don't want another Debacle like how XRB distribution was gamed with Captcha text Solving bots,  resulting in 80% of the supply ending up in the hands of a few....  

Could one not not figure out a bot proof (or atleast so resistant it's not worth it) Captcha system?    Maybe Googles Captcha would be better?  Asking to select squares that contain the object specified....  Cars, signposts, shopfronts and all other twisty and cunning variants?

Plus changing the Captcha method often during distribution so the captcha methos has changed before anyone has enough time to set up a bot for it?    Maybe with a secret preplanned series of captcha changes that can be rolled out quickfire one after the other?

Maybe mix in Audio based captchas in the mix?

Perhaps a Hybrid of the two,  Requiring a Confirmed Jumio ID to partake in the captcha solving distribution?

Also Limited successful captcha acceptance rate...  Set to around what the average human can achieve.  So a Bot couldn't do it faster than a human even if it can manage to solve the captchas.

Development of the distribution method of a Proof of Stake based Crypto is almost as important as development of the Crypto tech itself...
You need to avoid creating overlords,  where a few hold a large amount of the total supply....
Activity: 175
Merit: 10
We should really try to distribute this more equally for humanity. This is the whole purpose. To distribute a quick, feeless, private & secure currency to as wide a diversity of humanity as possible. We can save human lives through this. Let's try our best to seize this opportunity for humanity.

Also, I have an Earn.com account and we may be able to distribute Stone more equally through their new Airdrop program. They have over 100,000+ users and it's free for anyone to sign up. We can launch a campaign to distribute a majority of Stone only to those who "invite other users, perform labor for the project, or give back in other ways." You may view more details here: https://news.earn.com/launch-your-token-with-an-earn-com-airdrop-97715970f8c7

Would love to hear the community's thoughts on this.

+1

Don't make rich people (BTC\XRB holders) richer...

I think the point is decentralization and awareness creation. But, I also feel the developer should try and include zcash holders in honor of ZCASH for the invention of z-snark protocol that Stone is using
Activity: 37
would anyone like to suggest a fair method of distribution? I'm not interested in large holders gaining most of the supply, i don't approve of these pump schemes. I've been pondering around a multi-method distribution, similar to a bitcoin airdrop, but with using multi currency snapshot 70% to XRB/BTC, and with the remaining 30% to donators. This is just a thought, please don't be afraid to suggest idea's.

Sounds good to me.  Ouroboros research shows how crucial an honest staking community is to keeping the system functional.

My idea is to piggyback on existing patterns of well-distributed coins.  So Stone enjoys as long and fat a tail of initial stake hodlers as reasonably feasible.

20% Donators
20% XRB hodlers
20% BTC hodlers
20% LTC hodlers
20% DCR holders (well-executed airdrop, "8,793 entrants. 3,244 successful participants" https://forum.decred.org/threads/airdrop-rundown.313/ plus years of very cheap coins)

i like how you included dcr in that list. an undervalued coin even at this price IMO
Activity: 503
Merit: 102
Hi I donated 13.4 eth while drunk a few nights ago (I know i'm not smart ;().  I am supportive of the mission, but.. that was more money than I could afford to donate.

I appreciate that donations are welcome but not required/expected/wanted in duress, could you please refund me back to the donation address? 

CCNCCN  |  https://etherscan.io/tx/0x3aa90ad6e2ecf58499a24145b53a8b39062bd5543f1ce7823956d11e13e4bcec

Many Thanks,
CCN

hmm, why did you invest over $13k to a completely unknown project? It was very risky from you. I hope your story will end good, but I wouldn't bet on it If i should. I invest gradually and this approach works fine form me A lot of people are under FOMO and think after they put their money away. Anyway keep us inform about a status this issue
Activity: 173
Merit: 100

Many Thanks,
CCN

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1334
I donated 0,1 eth. Please check your pm box Smiley
Activity: 22
Is this now a scam or a serious project?
Activity: 635
Merit: 208
Belgian based crypto-enthusiast
How long until distribution? I am in dear need of the money I donated, if it's not possible to get a refund, I would love a faster distribution  Smiley

My best advice for you in the future is, invest what you can invest, don't invest if you can't afford it.

I only invest what I can afford to lose.
Activity: 2
Appreciate if you could consider adding me to the testnet, if you need additional participants in the future
Activity: 11
We should really try to distribute this more equally for humanity. This is the whole purpose. To distribute a quick, feeless, private & secure currency to as wide a diversity of humanity as possible. We can save human lives through this. Let's try our best to seize this opportunity for humanity.

Also, I have an Earn.com account and we may be able to distribute Stone more equally through their new Airdrop program. They have over 100,000+ users and it's free for anyone to sign up. We can launch a campaign to distribute a majority of Stone only to those who "invite other users, perform labor for the project, or give back in other ways." You may view more details here: https://news.earn.com/launch-your-token-with-an-earn-com-airdrop-97715970f8c7

+1

The point is for STONE to succeed, not be a do gooder and make poor people more well off.

Fair distribution is a very important point.

I honestly believe the people holding XRB and BTC are more likely to make this coin succeed. I think either this is a charity coin or it is a currency. Nothing stopping people getting a few RaiBlocks while they are cheap and getting in on this or just donating a small amount to the donations page. Lets not involve a 3rd party and make things more complicated. If posters want to give to charity later, then they are welcome to but don't ruin this coin over it.

Edit to add: I think if required, identity verification can be done to ensure that people are not double dipping. I just did just that for another coin and it works just fine.

https://cdn.howmuch.net/content/images/voronoi-bitcoin_2-7b4d.png

LOL

And for XRB it's the same:
https://www.raiblocks.club/representatives

TOP 1%
128,690,105 XRB
99.05%

Seems fair...
Wow.  That's any eye-opening post, Fracas.
Activity: 392
Multiversum

+1

The point is for STONE to succeed, not be a do gooder and make poor people more well off.

I honestly believe the people holding XRB and BTC are more likely to make this coin succeed. I think either this is a charity coin or it is a currency. Nothing stopping people getting a few RaiBlocks while they are cheap and getting in on this or just donating a small amount to the donations page. Lets not involve a 3rd party and make things more complicated. If posters want to give to charity later, then they are welcome to but don't ruin this coin over it.

Edit to add: I think if required, identity verification can be done to ensure that people are not double dipping. I just did just that for another coin and it works just fine.

LOL

And for XRB it's the same:
https://www.raiblocks.club/representatives

TOP 1%
128,690,105 XRB
99.05%

Seems fair...
Activity: 225

+1

Multiversum

+1

Activity: 45

+1

Multiversum

+1

Activity: 31

Activity: 308
Merit: 13
ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

Many Thanks,
CCN

legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
Pages:
Jump to: