Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE ANN] [UKC] UK Coin – Real Team with Free UK Workshops - page 2. (Read 2874 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Great question. We think the idea of giving away coins to random/all residents of a particular country is flawed for several reasons.

1. Most residents won't be interested;
2. Many of those that are interested will probably dump the coins as quickly as possible and therefore reducing the value of the coin;
3. The logistics and cost of giving away millions of coins is beyond the resources of most developers and therefore difficult to genuinely believe.

We only intend to give students of our workshops coins because many will be genuinely interested in them, and they will tell others about them which will help spread the word about crypto-currencies.

Any premine will be as little as possible but we have not crunched the numbers yet.

Are you from the UK?

I take it there will be a premine as you will be giving away some UK coins at the free crypto-workshops.  How big will the premine be?  Will there be any other premined coins available for UK residents who can prove their identify? (like Auroracoin or Spaincoin).  
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
I take it there will be a premine as you will be giving away some UK coins at the free crypto-workshops.  How big will the premine be?  Will there be any other premined coins available for UK residents who can prove their identify? (like Auroracoin or Spaincoin).  
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
Good luck. Hopefully you can come up with something a bit different.
This is our forum: http://forum.uk-coin.org/

Our blog will be live tomorrow with team info and photos, and more about our vision.
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
crypto-t, the team and I where getting a little unhappy with the amount of coins coming out with no real intention of being anything more than what they appear to be, get rich quick schemes with no real plan to go further than the first peak, dumping all the team holdings and cashing out. Often the team disappear and move on to the next scheme at this point.

We genuinely want to take a coin forward and have a whole load of upcoming ideas and plans to take this forward and make it a long term market leader in terms of alt currency.

Today's unfortunate events have pushed our launch further forward so we have a few unfinished parts of the publicly accessible information than we'd planned, that said time will tell.

We will reward interest with financial gain and that's all anyone can ask for in any of these coins.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
very interesting, I'm watching Smiley
Thanks. Join our forum. We got some crazy promotions coming.

Sounds good, I'm in!
Activity: 540
Merit: 500
Sounds good, I'm in!
UK Coin

Pre-Announcement

Our apologies. We were forced to make this pre-announcement because a scam coin was released earlier with
the same name. I will provide more details about the launch of UK Coin tomorrow and update this page significantly.

But here’s some details for now:

Algo: Scrypt-N with Enhanced Kimoto Gravity Well (we may replace KGW totally);
Max Coins: 64,000,000;
Support for multi-wallets;
Support for automated recurring payments (direct debits);
Etc.

Core Team:

Dave - developer;
Adrian - technical support and PR;
Sara - social media;

We also have support from numerous other people, including:

Craig McGee (RNIB registered) and our head wallet tester for blind/disabled;
Paul R successful, serial entrepreneur;
Etc.

What makes UK Coin a little different from the Alts? Here's a few things:

1. We are a real team who you can meet in the UK;
2. We will be running free crypto-workshops in the UK at many locations (first workshop in Worcester by end of March);
3. We are organizing the first Crypto Currency Convention in Birmingham (UK), early summer;
4. We are super passionate about making UK Coin a huge success;
5. We want to take UK Coin to the next level with hardware wallets and ATMs;

Resources:

Official Site: http://uk-coin.org/ (all links on the site will be updated tomorrow)
Forum: http://forum.uk-coin.org/forum.php
Etc.

Pages:
Jump to: