Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] [XUNC] MicroNote Coin - Cryptonote / Just for fun! / Referendum system - page 8. (Read 7774 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I like this no pre mine, but how much total supply of coin?
I vote for exchanges like bittrex, poloniex and c-cex I think that is a good place to listing your coin there.
Hi,

Total supply is one of three topics of the first public referendum: http://unotecoin.com/#referendum

At this moment, "Less than 8,000,000" is the winner option (you can vote until September 11). In this case, I can advance that the total supply will be 7,890,123.456789012345 coins.

I voted for 18,4M coins options, but seems the community have another ideas!

About the exchanges, next week we will talk with them. But the most important is finish all ecosystem around the coin for the launchment!

Best regards!
im trying to compile the node on ubuntu 16.04 and this is what i get:

Code:
mylin@MyPool:~/Coins/XUNC/micronotecoin$ make
mkdir -p build/release
cd build/release && cmake -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ../..
-- The C compiler identification is GNU 5.4.0
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 5.4.0
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- Looking for pthread.h
-- Looking for pthread.h - not found
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:148 (message):
  Could NOT find Threads (missing: Threads_FOUND)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:388 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindThreads.cmake:223 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/CMakeFindDependencyMacro.cmake:65 (find_package)
  /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1338 (find_dependency)
  CMakeLists.txt:112 (find_package)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/mylin/Coins/XUNC/micronotecoin/build/release/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/mylin/Coins/XUNC/micronotecoin/build/release/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
Makefile:16: recipe for target 'cmake-release' failed
make: *** [cmake-release] Error 1

Hi,

You can download and try to compile it, but the code is not complete for now. I post here when you can download and compile a functional version.

But responding to your question, do:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install build-essential

And try to compile again.

Best regards
Activity: 1344
Merit: 576
I like this no pre mine, but how much total supply of coin?
I vote for exchanges like bittrex, poloniex and c-cex I think that is a good place to listing your coin there.
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
im trying to compile the node on ubuntu 16.04 and this is what i get:

Code:
mylin@MyPool:~/Coins/XUNC/micronotecoin$ make
mkdir -p build/release
cd build/release && cmake -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ../..
-- The C compiler identification is GNU 5.4.0
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 5.4.0
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- Looking for pthread.h
-- Looking for pthread.h - not found
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:148 (message):
  Could NOT find Threads (missing: Threads_FOUND)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:388 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindThreads.cmake:223 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/CMakeFindDependencyMacro.cmake:65 (find_package)
  /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1338 (find_dependency)
  CMakeLists.txt:112 (find_package)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/mylin/Coins/XUNC/micronotecoin/build/release/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/mylin/Coins/XUNC/micronotecoin/build/release/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
Makefile:16: recipe for target 'cmake-release' failed
make: *** [cmake-release] Error 1

We are excited to announce that the online wallet will be available on 16th September, at the official launch of the currency:

https://wallet.unotecoin.com

Thanks for your support!
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
I would invest and support this once I see this on a few exchanges and pools that will increase the value of this coin........
Hi all.

First of all, thanks for your time, your votes and your support!

I'm going to try to answer some question about the project:

- Pools: I talked with some pool admins, and at least 3 pools will be opened. If someone is interested in open a pool, just send me a PM.

- Exchanges: We have no problem with talk with exchanges if the community vote for it.

- "It's just for fun": I see some people understands the concept. For us is really funny this process (talk with people involved in cryptocurrencies world, configure server, develop the software, ...). In a world with 800+ cryptocurrencies we can't start this project with another goal that "the funny of the process". This doesn't means anything, just that we do this for fun. Fun and profitability are not fought. But if your priority are profitability, you have lots of altcoins, it's not for you...

Best regards!
Activity: 434
0% pre-mine?
So, what's interesting about the pre-mine? you say it's just for fun, I still have not found anything fun, maybe I should see the progress of this thread first
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
POOLS
Will be opened at http://pool.unotecoin.com: 16th September, 2017

EXCHANGES
Nope!

Hi, is there no plans to get this coin added to an exchange? Even "just for fun" it would be better on exchange lol.

Secondly, *if* you add to an exchange I'd like to set up a pool so we can split network hashrate right from the beginning, you probably want at least 3 pools though.
Activity: 588
Merit: 116
CryptoNight - is that algoritm for CPU's? Want to busy my r7 1700. Just for fun.

CryptoNight can be mined on GPU and CPU but specifically yes it is one of few algos where, although GPU will get you better hashrate, it is "ASIC resistant" and so GPU doesn't get a huge advantage. For example mining Monero I get 210 h/s on my CPU and 420 h/s on my GPU.

Use a program like cpu-z to check how much L3 cache you have on your cpu, the higher that is the better hashrate you'll probably get, CryptoNight requires lots of memory and that's how it remains ASIC resistant.
Thanks. I have 16 GB DDR4 and 30 GB free space, but my r7 3.7 did only ~435 H/s on monero instead of 500+, that shows http://monerobenchmarks.info/searchCPU.php . Before it was ~350, but i enabled daemon mode, closed chrome and CPU began to show ~435. Since that i have no idea how to rise H/s on my CPU. Undecided

Closing all background processes will help you get the most hashrate out of your cpu as you know by closing chrome. It could be something to do with which miner you're using but I don't think RAM installed in your pc affects mining rate (especially for CPU). Iirc CryptoNight uses 2mb scratchpad so on my i5-2500k which has 6mb of L3 cache I run 3 threads to get maximum hashes.

Do you use XMR-STAK-CPU? If you do try finding out what your L3 cache is on your processors and divide it by 2, the resulting number is the number of threads I'd suggest trying in the config. Also personally I get best results with no_prefetch set to false and affine_to_cpu also set to false.
Yes, xmr-stak-cpu. My L3 cache is 16 mb, i use 8 threads (0,2,4,...,14). I'll try no_prefetch false, but affline_to_cpu also false? I thought it's number of threads.
Settings, that i used.
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 },
    { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 2 },
    { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 4 },
    { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 6 },
    { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 8 },
    { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 10 },
    { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 12 },
    { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 14 },
Thanks for help.
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
Interesting, I also support "just for fun"
Activity: 518
Merit: 134
a lot of projects that lately are not trustworthy, it takes time to determine this project is really good or not, when viewed from the word "just for fun", I strongly support this
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
This seems like it'll be a good project.
Kind of a flexible coins, that the decision of the coin's nature is based on peoples choice.
By doing that, it will give peoples the impression of a good coin just as every peoples need.
CryptoNight - is that algoritm for CPU's? Want to busy my r7 1700. Just for fun.

CryptoNight can be mined on GPU and CPU but specifically yes it is one of few algos where, although GPU will get you better hashrate, it is "ASIC resistant" and so GPU doesn't get a huge advantage. For example mining Monero I get 210 h/s on my CPU and 420 h/s on my GPU.

Use a program like cpu-z to check how much L3 cache you have on your cpu, the higher that is the better hashrate you'll probably get, CryptoNight requires lots of memory and that's how it remains ASIC resistant.
Thanks. I have 16 GB DDR4 and 30 GB free space, but my r7 3.7 did only ~435 H/s on monero instead of 500+, that shows http://monerobenchmarks.info/searchCPU.php . Before it was ~350, but i enabled daemon mode, closed chrome and CPU began to show ~435. Since that i have no idea how to rise H/s on my CPU. Undecided

Closing all background processes will help you get the most hashrate out of your cpu as you know by closing chrome. It could be something to do with which miner you're using but I don't think RAM installed in your pc affects mining rate (especially for CPU). Iirc CryptoNight uses 2mb scratchpad so on my i5-2500k which has 6mb of L3 cache I run 3 threads to get maximum hashes.

Do you use XMR-STAK-CPU? If you do try finding out what your L3 cache is on your processors and divide it by 2, the resulting number is the number of threads I'd suggest trying in the config. Also personally I get best results with no_prefetch set to false and affine_to_cpu also set to false.
Activity: 588
Merit: 116

Is that a joke? It looks boring to the end

Just for fun. Are you serious? LOL

Since privacy coins are the "big thing" right now, or at least they've seen a slight increase since people have realised most public blockchains can be easily traced and linked, privacy oriented coins have seen an all round increase in popularity and price. A simple cryptonote fork is probably a chance at a little bit of easy money, sorry to say but that's how I see it and wouldn't surprise me if that devs see it too.

I'll be mining at launch for sure.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
looks good, just for fun, i thought would be "fun"
I will see this progress thread first, hopefully run well
Activity: 532
Just for fun. Are you serious? LOL
Activity: 90
Is that a joke? It looks boring to the end
Activity: 294