Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 6. (Read 24074 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Can I use config file with setgenerate ?
legendary
Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#
how mine from different machines to one wallet address ?
Use the same wallet.dat in all your machines
Activity: 308
how mine from different machines to one wallet address ?
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
5 hours until launch people. Almost had to delay launch due to some last minutes bugs but it looks like we have everything under control.

Is Windows wallet ready?
How about standalone miner?
Yes we have Qt working on Windows. There is no standalone mining app yet or any pools, you'll have to solo mine using the default mining algorithm available in the client. You just need to run "setgenerate true 1" where 1 is the number of cores you want to mine with. You can try it out in the test thread.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Crackpot Idealist
5 hours until launch people. Almost had to delay launch due to some last minutes bugs but it looks like we have everything under control.

Is Windows wallet ready?

Give us some info, how to be prepared for startup?

There has been windoze builds for a while now in the beta test so it would be a safe assumption you will have win qt at launch

Activity: 476

I would also like to know how to prepare instead of rushing at the last minute please.
Activity: 328

Is Windows wallet ready?

Give us some info, how to be prepared for startup?

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
Cant mine today sadface q.q
legendary
Activity: 1536
electronic [r]evolution
5 hours until launch people. Almost had to delay launch due to some last minute bugs but it looks like we have everything under control.
legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io
I rely mostly on Devs BCT status. The concept is int4resting also, I think there would be many followers...
Activity: 824
Merit: 501
Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th
Im going to try this one out. Im really interested in the algo
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
In that case I would love to see an IPO/ICO Tongue
Activity: 781
Merit: 501
Dev, will standalone miner will be available at launch time?
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
how to mine?is it cpu only?
Wallet ->console-> setgenerate true
Yes, cpu only (now)
Activity: 322
how to mine?is it cpu only?
Activity: 840
Merit: 100
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
I have the feeling that half the people answering that thread still think it is some sort of cryptonight/wild keccak algo from what I read which not always makes a lot of sense in the context...  Grin
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
is there any hope for someone non-technical to mine this coin?

I think you should be able to manage. I'm assuming you've mined other coins before?
The M7 is a new algo but it shouldn't be that hard for you to set up your CPU to mine XCN.
Maybe the dev or someone else could include a mining guide for newbies in the wiki at some point  Wink

i have only a very small amount of experience.  but i have time to set up, test etc. 

also, since XCN is cpu, doesn that mean it is vulnerable to botnets?  (which also will make it harder for a regular guy just mining with a cpu?)

i like this coin, but i think i probably will just have to buy from miners at high $$ Sad

Well get over here and start playing with beta for practice

And I do not think botnet OPs choose coins on speculation. IE they would mine monero before this because there is a price and demand for the coin... otherwise known as profits.
since XCN is cpu   i like this。
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Looks good, what was the reason behind this vast number though? "Coin supply: 2^64-1 units (1.84 billion coins, 10 dec places)"
legendary
Activity: 1610
Crackpot Idealist
is there any hope for someone non-technical to mine this coin?

I think you should be able to manage. I'm assuming you've mined other coins before?
The M7 is a new algo but it shouldn't be that hard for you to set up your CPU to mine XCN.
Maybe the dev or someone else could include a mining guide for newbies in the wiki at some point  Wink

i have only a very small amount of experience.  but i have time to set up, test etc. 

also, since XCN is cpu, doesn that mean it is vulnerable to botnets?  (which also will make it harder for a regular guy just mining with a cpu?)

i like this coin, but i think i probably will just have to buy from miners at high $$ Sad

Well get over here and start playing with beta for practice

And I do not think botnet OPs choose coins on speculation. IE they would mine monero before this because there is a price and demand for the coin... otherwise known as profits.
Pages:
Jump to: