Pages:
Author

Topic: Pre Live - page 4. (Read 970 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 250
February 13, 2018, 02:26:44 AM
I know this is a common security question regarding many dating apps so I will ask you about it. With Hicky, will there be a centralized database that stores user conversations?

Great question. The answer is: No! - It will be decentralized. Your conversation will belong to you!

Nice! I am very excited to see a dating app doing this. It's hard to trust dating sites now because of all the leaks. This will go a long way in preventing them. Good job for that.

What would you say your most unique feature is compared to other dating apps?
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
February 13, 2018, 02:10:25 AM
How is the progress of the Hicky pre-sale? I know there is only a couple of days left. Then the main sale starts. What is the benefit of buying in now rather than waiting until the main sale on the 14th?
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
February 13, 2018, 01:48:46 AM
Will there be a referral program for the Hicky dating app? I know some apps give benefits to users who refer friends. I think this could be a really neat incentive to pass the word on about Hicky which could make the project an even bigger success.
Activity: 486
Merit: 101
February 13, 2018, 01:23:09 AM
What do you think the blockchain can offer that will really improve the current dating scene? How will you use it to provide users with a better experience and will have them coming to Hicky instead of competitors?

1) Blockchain technology as itself provides secure messaging for example - I don't know if you heard about the Ashley Madison Hack back in 2015 - The database of A.M. got hacked and therefore many Accounts were leaked to the public. It destroyed many relationships & marriages. Long story short: The Messages you send belong to you.

2) Considering that we have "DAD" (The Decentralized Autonomous Dating community). It runs on an incentivization model that works within the new paradigm of a decentralized token economy. Positive behavior is economically incentivised while community building is encouraged through the stakeholder (decentralized) governance model. The Hicky token, like money in the real world, forms the backbone of this network. It must be emphasized that DAD is democratic and socially driven entity.
I suggest to read Page 12-15 in our Whitepaper (https://www.hicky.io/assets/pdf/Hicky_Whitepaper.pdf) where this is covered specifically.

Thank you for your helpful explanation. I have always wondered how to prevent things like the Ashley Madison hack with apps like this. I'm glad to see that Hickey is concerned with the security and privacy of each user.  I will do further research in the whitepaper to gain a better idea of those details.

Is there a Github link available? I'm excited to keep up with development!
Activity: 49
Merit: 10
February 02, 2018, 11:16:37 AM
It's a bit depressing to see so many projects raise ETH and build on Ethereum blockchain.

Actually we don't need lots of capital to build something like CryptoKitties.

If you want to build a dating (d)app that is focussing on taking down the "big boys" in the industry, we have to disagree.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
February 12, 2018, 09:47:03 PM
Very cool concept. The whole online dating sphere is ripe for disruption and is a huge industry. Good luck with your project!
February 02, 2018, 10:54:52 AM
the developers are probably very busy with work, they promised as early as January 15, to post some important update and after that there is not a single message in the topic.
How are things going with the development of the project? any news?

You might be much more likely to get a response via Telegram. Let me know if you have luck.

Yea, Telegram is one of our main communication channels Smiley
Activity: 243
February 12, 2018, 01:37:32 PM
Do you use Ethereum blockchain or your own?
Activity: 687
Merit: 301
February 12, 2018, 01:30:20 PM
Seems like a very interesting project. Identity theft is indeed a real issue with dating apps, trying to solve this issue will be great for dating app users. I went through the whitepaper a bit and I like the use of smart contracts with going on dates. The planned utility of this token looks promising. Definitely going to keep a close eye on this project and maybe if I make some short term profits invest a bit in the ICO.

Good luck with the crowd sale!
February 02, 2018, 10:49:59 AM
the developers are probably very busy with work, they promised as early as January 15, to post some important update and after that there is not a single message in the topic.
How are things going with the development of the project? any news?

It is going very well. We consistently update information on our social platforms, especially on our medium publication: https://medium.com/hickynews and in our Telegram Announcement Channel: https://t.me/hickyofficial).

Some News:
1.) NAGA (NGC) is advisoring us
2.) We are the 1st Pre Sale Airdrop EVER on "Earn.com" Smiley

I highly suggest to check out our website (https://hicky.io) and social media channels !
Activity: 83
Performing it is a better way of learning things
February 03, 2018, 04:36:47 PM
looks interesting, will keep watch
February 02, 2018, 10:40:27 AM
This looks like one of the more well put together projects I've seen so far. Very nice job.

What would you say is the biggest problem with the current dating industry and how you plan to solve that problem with Hicky?

Great question bananafana. Almost every dating app/platform/service out there have a misbalance of user ratio. And this mostly goes towards more male then female accounts. therefore those companies have to hire agencies in order to create female (fake) accounts to engage with male users.

Also if you conduct a research, as we have done and a lot of other companies, that ask for specifily the experience than users have on Tinder for example, you will find out that females have a 80-90% swipe "success" and men around 10-20%. This shows the different ambitions the gender associate with Tinder (in this case).

That leads to a female account decrease, which then again destroys the whole experience, becasue the swipe "success" rate just goes even more towards an imbalance 😉

Not to mentioning the easy account setup and the whole spamming/scamming possibility that can't even take place on picky due to blockchain techinlogy.

I hope this answers your questions Smiley
Activity: 512
Merit: 101
February 03, 2018, 04:33:26 PM
So is it like MatchPool?

What is the different between it?

They are more like a platform with so called "pools". We're a DApp (decentralied application). You may could implement our product in theirs later on. Thanks to our adivsor Hermione Way (worked for Marchpool and Tinder) we're able to contact Matchpool if needed.

She sounds very useful to have around if she really has good connections to the higher ups. That can be tough to come by. Just getting your platform in front of them could be huge for you guys. Do you think you would ever sell the platform to Tinder?
February 02, 2018, 10:22:42 AM
This looks like a promising project with a nice 30% bonus as incentive. I also just read that you have officially partnered with NAGA and that they are fully supporting you in advising and operation. Congrats on that. When does the crowsale end?

Hey Sword555. The Pre Sale is LIVE at the moment and ends February, 13th!
The Crowdsale starts at Valentines Day (February, 14th) 11:00:00 UTC  and ends March, 14th - 11:00:00 UTC.
Activity: 756
February 02, 2018, 03:34:16 PM
I'm glad to see the attempt at improving information security risks while creating this app. Information theft truly is a huge issue with dating apps. I think this product has a lot of potential.

That said, what are you planning on doing to market this product?

Well Patrick and Julian are experts in the area of dating (like already mentioned in our Announcement post): "As one of the largest lead providers in the european market, they have launched million dollar campaigns around the globe, targeting various market demographics. Due to their vast experience, they know the ins and outs of their industry and the respective constraints."

Thanks for your prompt response. I must have overlooked that since I originally reviewed more of the technical details.

Your team looks amazing and Patrick and Julian seem like they know their way around marketing and will deliver results. I'm looking forward to seeing the future of this project and will keep following and learning more about it.
February 02, 2018, 10:11:57 AM
I'm glad to see the attempt at improving information security risks while creating this app. Information theft truly is a huge issue with dating apps. I think this product has a lot of potential.

That said, what are you planning on doing to market this product?

Well Patrick and Julian are experts in the area of dating (like already mentioned in our Announcement post): "As one of the largest lead providers in the european market, they have launched million dollar campaigns around the globe, targeting various market demographics. Due to their vast experience, they know the ins and outs of their industry and the respective constraints."

Activity: 168
Merit: 1
February 02, 2018, 03:33:26 PM
Already there is such a project and it does not develop badly enough! Do you have trump cards in your sleeves?
February 02, 2018, 09:56:35 AM
I'm interested in this new idea. Do you have a Github repository? If so, can you link it?

Yes we have: https://github.com/HickyToken/hickycontracts
Have a good one!
Activity: 770
February 02, 2018, 02:41:17 PM
I know this is a common security question regarding many dating apps so I will ask you about it. With Hicky, will there be a centralized database that stores user conversations?
February 02, 2018, 09:51:57 AM
This is the first project I've seen like this. I think it's pretty interesting. I'm very impressed you have a former Tinder executive on your team. I imagine you will be able to utilize his experience to get this off the ground. What is one thing you have learned from him to improve this product?

Hermione, I suppose, just worked in the  Tinder in marketing, why the former executive?
The project is certainly worthy of attention, everything is very beautiful and well done.
But why not bounty? This is sure to attract a large number of fans and investors.

We have posted  and will post some more updates about that on our social media channels (especially on our medium publication: https://medium.com/hickynews and in our Telegram Announcement Channel: https://t.me/hickyofficial)
Pages:
Jump to: