Pages:
Author

Topic: PRE-SHIP AGAIN! SOLD OUT [GROUP BUY 5] 3.15 BTC Bitmain Antminer 180GH 300 Units - page 2. (Read 35148 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
ASIC Myth Buster
The next group buy will have Mining Time Guarantee Protection for Physical Delivery and for Hosting, but hosting price will not be as discount as it used to be.

Over Clocking will be an option to select at the time of sign up and it will start as OC Ant, however, Hosting Fee and PSU fee will be slightly higher as OC Ants need Gold Cert PSU with 20% more power consumption and higher personal attention time as it will need a few power cycle every so often.

Regular hashing Ants without the mining guarantee will enjoy the discounted hosting price and hosting will start sooner than UPS Delivery Time to your door!

And discounted price will be available as well, but there will be a fee for me to take all the abuse!!!

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
ASIC Myth Buster
I think SgtMoth forgot to mentioned that he received a full refund for a few days of delayed start.  Miner Price + Hosting Fee included.

I think sushi is having trouble setting hosted miners to overclock. Mine (2) have been hashing for a week now with no overclock, missing out on almost .1 btc because of it.

This sucks sushi. Please get it together on your customer service, especially when it comes to hosting. I know I am not the only one being affected. Please others chime in here.

[/quote]

at least yours has been started
[/quote]
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
Mine (2) have been hashing for a week now with no overclock, missing out on almost .1 btc because of it.

This sucks sushi. Please get it together on your customer service, especially when it comes to hosting. I know I am not the only one being affected. Please others chime in here.

+1

No offense intended, but really?  A quality ISP will provide you with an SLA and make retributions for downtime.  A bargain basement price cable/dsl provider obviously won't have any SLA.

Sushi's hosting I am sure has many layers to it, and the risk you took by getting cheap hosting is.... well cheap hosting THIS!  

And some of you want to OC a hosted ANT?  What happens if it locks up?  I wonder what 12V power they provide, as OC success a lot of times is directly related to quality of the incoming power...  (source:  I own 9 ANTs and host them myself...)
Activity: 910
Merit: 1002
Mine (2) have been hashing for a week now with no overclock, missing out on almost .1 btc because of it.

+1
Activity: 910
Merit: 1004
buy silver!
I think sushi is having trouble setting hosted miners to overclock. Mine (2) have been hashing for a week now with no overclock, missing out on almost .1 btc because of it.

[/quote]
[/quote]

at least yours has been started
Activity: 91
Merit: 11
No banking,Only Bitcoin!

Sushi recently PM'd me that he was having trouble getting miners to overclock, has this been other peoples' experience with this batch of Antminers?

YES!  but your warranty will be void....

Greetings Sushi,

if i order one will you overclock it for me?

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Has anyone every tried running this thing with 2 PSU's?

I am
I'm running each blade with an HP DL380 G4 server power supply, which can put out 42amps on the 12v line
I had 4 of the power supplies, soi figured why not Smiley
I'm running one run of 12 gauge wire from the power supply to each blade
12 gauge is roughly the same as 3 runs of 16 gauge

I'm a big fan of server power supplies
These babies are designed to be run 24/7 for years

I have heard some people run both PSU's to a power bar and then switch the power bar on so everything fires up at the same time.

Have you had any of these kinds of issues?

Nope
I just always power on the second blade first, then the first blade that has the control board

I am buying a power distribution panel that can turn on and off individual outlets from a web page,
 and can measure power usage
This way if the antminers ever act up, I can reboot them remotely Smiley
And I want to know how much power they are using.
I know server power supplies are usually very efficient, and can run at 90-100% load for a very long time
Activity: 252

I am
I'm running each blade with an HP DL380 G4 server power supply, which can put out 42amps on the 12v line

I have heard some people run both PSU's to a power bar and then switch the power bar on so everything fires up at the same time.

I have one ant running on 2 old 450W Corsairs, runs like a charm.
Activity: 434

I am

Why would you need to do that?  Just curious, cuz that seems like two weak psu's.

Because I have 2 550W PSU's sitting in my closet doing nothing.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0

I am

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Why would you need to do that?  Just curious, cuz that seems like two weak psu's.
Activity: 406
I have managed to get my temps down to 35c on each chip by placing miner outside and making waterproof system then setup link over power over Ethernet.

I have found now uses 30% less power! and mines with only 30HW error in 7 days.

Average air temp outside is min: 1c max:9c

I am happy with results

How could that be? The power draw is surely for computation with a by-product of heat as a result??? 35c is very low and pointless otherwise....

My PSU's were running very hot when I had internal now external they are running so cold and more efficient, I will back up my evidence with proof and show colder temp VS warmer with power consumption.

I was amazed at the difference myself!  When I had these internal chips ran at 47c with fan rpm 1570 currently fan is running 600rpm with almost zero noise
Activity: 348
Merit: 251
I have managed to get my temps down to 35c on each chip by placing miner outside and making waterproof system then setup link over power over Ethernet.

I am happy with results

How could that be? The power draw is surely for computation with a by-product of heat as a result??? 35c is very low and pointless otherwise....
Just wondering if anyone has thought about making a private Antminer Pool ?

rewards would be much higher than a current big pool, I have seen many new pools start to make bitcoins every day and thought why not give it a go ?

anyone have the knowledge off a pool creation system ? maybe P2Pool ?

I am happy with results

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Am seeing a lot of HW errors when i overclock it to 400. I also see a lot of X's but the my pool shows that it is hashing atleast at 188 - 190 GH/s. Any suggestions what might be the issue.

But at 375, it works like a charm with Fan speed at 2300 and temps (45 / 48). No X's at all.

My setup consists of :

I have added a 60 CFM fan at the other end of the S1 to pull the hot air.
Corsair CX 750M (powering just the S1 + 1 X 120 MM Fan)

Have you tried blowing a fan directly on it.  The over clocking isn't very stable anyway but temperature would be the biggest factor that you could control.  My temps are in the 30s but it's not over clocked. 

TEMPS: they seem fine - my units run at 48/47, 51/50, and 54/53 (the last one is from the very first batch) at 400MHz
FAN: adding the second fan is good, sucking air out is ideal
PSU: plenty of power, +12V@62A is far more than enough to run at 400MHz (roughly 500-550W)

my suggestions:
1) what is your pool? check if its sending high/low difficulty that isnt optimal to your 200GH
2) enough power wiring? you should use 3+ and 3- lines per blade. more is overkill for a corsair wiring and less may cause issues
3) add small heatsinks to the large grey inductor blocks. they get fairly hot and a little bit of extra cooling for them may help prevent ripples or other 12V power effects
4) sometimes the unit puts things to 'x' arbitrarily or deactivates chips during config changes or during any outtages. REBOOT the unit at 400MHz and see if its fixed.

You shouldnt be having issues at 400MHz imho
Activity: 348
Merit: 251
Any chance you still have four of these lying around you would sell me?

Worth a try :-(
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Am seeing a lot of HW errors when i overclock it to 400. I also see a lot of X's but the my pool shows that it is hashing atleast at 188 - 190 GH/s. Any suggestions what might be the issue.

But at 375, it works like a charm with Fan speed at 2300 and temps (45 / 48). No X's at all.

My setup consists of :

I have added a 60 CFM fan at the other end of the S1 to pull the hot air.
Corsair CX 750M (powering just the S1 + 1 X 120 MM Fan)

Have you tried blowing a fan directly on it.  The over clocking isn't very stable anyway but temperature would be the biggest factor that you could control.  My temps are in the 30s but it's not over clocked. 
Pages:
Jump to: