Pages:
Author

Topic: Preev Alternative - page 2. (Read 1858 times)

legendary
Activity: 1039
Merit: 2783
Bitcoin and C♯ Enthusiast
August 12, 2016, 03:36:50 AM
there you go:
https://www.bitstamp.net/api/ticker/
you see here a JSON reply, look at the "last", that is the bitcoin price preev or any other site you see is reporting.

you can also write a little code, put the response in a JSON var and get the ["last"] key. - i may do it later if i get the time-
Activity: 868
Merit: 503
August 12, 2016, 03:03:18 AM
I have used the site preev.com for many months and loved it.  It was an easy and clean, simple site that gave a quick conversion calculation for BTC to USD or whatever.  it loaded quick because there was pretty much nothing there but the drop downs and the numbers.  It has been going offline more and more here recently and I was wondering what other sites people use for the quick, on the fly conversions.  It was great when outside of the office and using a mobile phone because it loaded really quick.  Any suggestions?

I just use Google. It gives you on the fly numbers and a small chart. If you want more information, then use the coindesk BPI.

what do you mean on Google, just typing btc to usd in the search bar? oh you are right, i just tried that and i love it, google keeps with the times, trying on my mobile next, thanks a bunch, i forget that google keeps making new little response widgets

tried it on mobile and it doesnt work the same, but i like it.  i think i will throw together a little app for my phone and use the api from some site or just embed the google widget in a page on the back of one of my websites, thanks
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030
give me your cryptos
August 12, 2016, 03:02:46 AM
I have used the site preev.com for many months and loved it.  It was an easy and clean, simple site that gave a quick conversion calculation for BTC to USD or whatever.  it loaded quick because there was pretty much nothing there but the drop downs and the numbers.  It has been going offline more and more here recently and I was wondering what other sites people use for the quick, on the fly conversions.  It was great when outside of the office and using a mobile phone because it loaded really quick.  Any suggestions?

I just use Google. It gives you on the fly numbers and a small chart. If you want more information, then use the coindesk BPI.

But don't worry, Preev should be up soon.
legendary
Activity: 3402
Merit: 5004
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
August 12, 2016, 03:01:33 AM
I have used the site preev.com for many months and loved it.  It was an easy and clean, simple site that gave a quick conversion calculation for BTC to USD or whatever.  it loaded quick because there was pretty much nothing there but the drop downs and the numbers.  It has been going offline more and more here recently and I was wondering what other sites people use for the quick, on the fly conversions.  It was great when outside of the office and using a mobile phone because it loaded really quick.  Any suggestions?

I've just learned there's a clone: preev.net
Seems to work pretty good, and it seems to have more or less the same functionality as preev.com
Activity: 868
Merit: 503
August 12, 2016, 02:56:30 AM
Pages:
Jump to: