Pages:
Author

Topic: Preventing Signature Spammers and Increasing Quality of Discussion - page 2. (Read 501 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
The root of the problem doesn't lie with the signature campaigns themselves. Certain campaigns which I was in previously (and arguably now) promotes posts with good quality with sufficient moderation by the signature manager. They screen each individual participant before and during the campaign. Some campaigns just straight up don't care; the managers don't look at the posts before sending payments and accept every participant. If anything, signature campaigns should be restricted and I frankly don't mind that much if they are removed completely. Might sound hypocritical but I'm all for improving the forum even if it means that incentives to post will be removed.

Your solution won't work if the signature manager doesn't view each thread individually / see the flags on the thread. If you want any meaningful discussions, you should go to the serious discussions subsection. While its not as active as others, thats the only place where you won't see any sig spammers.
Activity: 320
Merit: 101
I do not understand the point of point of this anti-signature war.

if anyone is willing to pay someone for shit posting then why do we need to fight it? let them post and make some money.

if you want to read quality posts then go to quality boards, there are tons of them around, but you can't be navigating the alt board and expect to see satoshi discussing about a serious matter on BTC.

and honestly what do you expect from people who have little to knowledge on crypto and are here only to make money "which is see nothing wrong with"?

I don't see any of you complaining about the forum it self generating money from shit-ads ? it is always easier to start a war against the weak and the helpless isn't it? why not start a similar topic asking theymos to stop accepting ads on the forum?

Allow the masses to make some money dude, isn't this the vision of bitcoin ?  Grin stop nagging

if you really care about the forum quality then counter the shit posts with quality posts, there is nothing else anyone can do about it.

** surprisingly this post comes from someone who received 0 merits for quality posts.  Grin

It amazes me to see inconsiderate people like you on this forum who does not care about quality discussion and who measures the quality of one post based on "Merits".

Probably because the financial part of sig spamming clusterfuck is more important to you than quality discussion. Nor your opinion neither the ones who will post here with their signature does not hold a value for me.
copper member
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1814
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

Thank you, It's like you where inside my mind.
Very few people here with eligible accounts do not do signature... Very few.

Signature spammers became big part of this forum and in fact, it caused quality of discussion to decrease. Not decrease but basically they killed it.

I, hereby offer a solution;

When creating thread, another additional option should be available and that should be something like; No Signature
The reason Bitcointalk is lively and thriving is because of the signature ads... People are willing to respond to any question someone might ask and the post count is a bonus for the weekly pay for hanging around and being active in the forum... Merit has even added more flavor to this. it's a motivation of sorts
What is the problem with that?

You don't want to have a forum where someone asks a question which takes a week without being responded to, because members are less motived to be in the forum any more... do you?
i have seen uglier forums that are so boring to even be in. You ask a question and you get a response after decades.

The major problem is it's way to easy to create hundreds of fake accounts for this forum. It's a spammer's playground. Something has to be done to make it hard for them to create many accounts

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
If you really want to stop spam in the forum you should not let spammers join a signature campaign in the first place. You can only do it if all bounty campaign managers screen their participants before being part of the campaign also they should constantly monitor the quality of their post every payout to assure that they are good for the most part of the campaign. Unfortunately not all bounty campaign managers care about quality and they usually accept participants who apply first in the campaign in order to fill it up. Having an option to remove signature in your thread won't really solve anything cause I doubt a lot of members will be doing that.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 6555
be constructive or S.T.F.U
I do not understand the point of this anti-signature war.

if anyone is willing to pay someone for shit posting then why do we need to fight it? let them post and make some money.

if you want to read quality posts then go to quality boards, there are tons of them around, but you can't be navigating the alt board and expect to see satoshi discussing about a serious matter on BTC.

and honestly what do you expect from people who have little to knowledge on crypto and are here only to make money "which is see nothing wrong with"?

I don't see any of you complaining about the forum it self generating money from shit-ads ? it is always easier to start a war against the weak and the helpless isn't it? why not start a similar topic asking theymos to stop accepting ads on the forum?

Allow the masses to make some money dude, isn't this the vision of bitcoin ?  Grin stop nagging

if you really care about the forum quality then counter the shit posts with quality posts, there is nothing else anyone can do about it.

** surprisingly this post comes from someone who received 0 merits for quality posts.  Grin
Activity: 320
Merit: 101
Signature spammers became big part of this forum and in fact, it caused quality of discussion to decrease. Not decrease but basically they killed it.

I, hereby offer a solution;

When creating thread, another additional option should be available and that should be something like; No Signature

What this feature will do?

If someone replies to a thread, his/her signature will not show up. Basically it will be empty.

Which, as signature spammers slowly realize that their effort to spam certain threads is not working, they will put their focus on other threads they can spam and this will create space for quality discussion at certain subs/threads.

This might be a good punishment mechanism to prevent unnecessary replies made by sig spammers.
Pages:
Jump to: