Pages:
Author

Topic: Previously confirmed transactions now unconfirmed - page 2. (Read 2713 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof
You did try "-rescan" right?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Agorist
It will be fixed by the time you wake up  Grin Automagically....

It wasn't.  Sad
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1003
I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man
Maybe the downloaded blocks didn't carry with confirmed blocks? It will be fixed by the time you wake up  Grin Automagically....
Agorist
Yes to the first question, no to the second.

I'll have to deal with this tomorrow. Bedtime now.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007
Blah. Using all 8 connect switches and I'm only getting 5 connections.

This echos the results of another user who did the same using the first eight of the published fallback nodes.  Is this what you did?  This means that three of the eight fallback nodes have been knocked of the Internet.

Are teh connections that you are getting, are they working?
Agorist
Blah. Using all 8 connect switches and I'm only getting 5 connections.
legendary
Doesn't appear to be working. Should I just keep adding more nodes?

Use -noirc and -connect=ipaddress instead.  This will connect you to only the ip address of the node you specify and not announce your address to the irc bootstrapping channel.  You can use up to 8 -connect= switches.
Agorist
Doesn't appear to be working. Should I just keep adding more nodes?
legendary
Try restarting the client with the -addnode= switch and an IP address of one of the fallback nodes.  I suspect there is an attack underway against the p2p network itself, or the IRC bootstrapping method.  Your not the first to mention weirdness.
Agorist
Any clues why this might be?

What has changed since then is that I uninstalled Bitcoin and reinstalled it in a new location (USB drive). But Bitcoin has been running for several minutes since then without a single (re)confirmation, and only 1 connection. What gives?
Pages:
Jump to: