Pages:
Author

Topic: Price drop below $10 will set back bitcoin one year or more - page 2. (Read 3355 times)

jed
Activity: 182
Merit: 107
Jed McCaleb
toddbethell: Wouldn't a lower price attract more investment? It the price goes to 10 there is clearly potential for 3x upside. 3x upside isn't that clear when the price is 30.

YoYa: you can't seriously trade on a market with a 1/10th the liquidity of the main market. You are just throwing money away if you do.
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Always verify deals with me through my public key!
Er.....

Go trade on another exchange maybe?!?

If the price of BTC surges on another exchange, the average value of BTC across the exchanges will remain high and things will start to feel lonely at gox, leaving this one individual in their own slump.

Also......if what you are saying about serious investors.....they ain't going to Gox, they are going to go to a regulated American based exchange......Oh looky here!
www.campbx.com
Activity: 49
Merit: 1
It is my professional opinion that bitcoin prices are being systematically walked down by a miner or an early adapter. I am not so concerned by the reckless sells of large chunks of coins as I am about that being followed by the placement of large amount of coins to hold the price down and discourage new money. I am having a difficult time imagining what they hope to gain by this effort. This person is clearly not thinking economically. If bitcoin prices approach $10, there will be a panic sale taking the prices to $2-$3. From here it will take a year or more for bitcoin to recover, if at all. The individual that is selling large amounts of coins in single chunks then placing large amounts of coins in very obvious ceiling positions is causing new investors of high net worth to take pause. I personally know a half dozen high net worth individuals who are on the cusp of large investments in bitcoin related businesses as well as bitcoins. These persons will not proceed if bitcoin is manipulated down much further. They are not investing because bitcoin advances liberty and privacy, they are investing for profit. To the individual that is doing this, and I know you are one individual, I am not asking you to hold your coins; go ahead, sell all you want, but what do you gain by preventing new money from coming into the market with these ceilings?
Pages:
Jump to: