Pages:
Author

Topic: Price Drop Cause? - page 3. (Read 1771 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
December 18, 2013, 02:25:31 AM
I too am curious about the price drop. Normally whenever there is major news that effects the price majorly, there are thousands of links circulating to media announcements. I can't seem to find any besides the coindesk article which everyone keeps referencing.

It may just be me hoping that BTC goes back up, but I'm thinking that there is some major price manipulation going on by someone who knows how to spark panic. Same with then China said that Bitcoins weren't currency, people got all panicky and then the price went back up.
Salty, your a veteran and a moderator, is this price drop good or bad, and what aesthetic chances of me getting a profit off buying right now?
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
December 18, 2013, 02:19:17 AM
I too am curious about the price drop. Normally whenever there is major news that effects the price majorly, there are thousands of links circulating to media announcements. I can't seem to find any besides the coindesk article which everyone keeps referencing.

It may just be me hoping that BTC goes back up, but I'm thinking that there is some major price manipulation going on by someone who knows how to spark panic. Same with then China said that Bitcoins weren't currency, people got all panicky and then the price went back up.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
December 18, 2013, 02:10:48 AM
Even if the rumor was true (i don't think they are), it shouldn't affect Bitcoin's long term value.

Regarding the U.S., news from that side have been relatively positive. Not as good as if they had just let it be, but they seem to indicate they are willing to let people use it, as long as they pay taxes on it.
December 18, 2013, 02:07:08 AM
ahh, do you think the U.S. will ban bitcoin too?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
December 18, 2013, 02:05:51 AM
Last i heard, it was because some unfounded rumors about China banning Bitcoin; people that don't understand Bitcoin's long term potential panicked.
December 18, 2013, 02:03:46 AM
Hey I am new to bitcoin, getting used to it and going to invest soon. The prices dropped today @Bitstamp to under $600 a piece. Is this good if you are going to buy them for that price? What is causing this huge price drop? Should I buy?

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: