Pages:
Author

Topic: Price of an iPhone in Bitcoin at their launch over the years. - page 2. (Read 325 times)

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366
I don't know what's really the point of this. This image is proving nothing really except that gadgets depreciate because technology is fast developing and Bitcoin is rising in value. But that's all.

If you argue that you should have bought Bitcoin instead of an iPhone, you could also argue that you should have bought Bitcoin instead of a car, a house, a book, an apartment, a laptop, etc. One could say the same to their coffee, coat, pair of shoes, pizza, etc. But that is fundamentally wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
Although it's good to see, it's nothing new. There was also a comparison between the purchasing power of the dollar and Bitcoin in the shopping basket. Simply put, the value of the Bitcoin, and with it the purchasing power of Bitcoin holders, has increased exponentially. This is something to think about when there are downturns in the market. The rate of price growth will probably slow down in the next few years, because you cannot grow at that rate indefinitely, but the volatility goes hand in hand with this incredible increase in price and purchasing power.

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
It's so easy to judge people when you know exactly how things have played out over they years, but I can bet you can't predict the next big thing that will show performance similar to Bitcoin in early days. When this thing will emerge, people will be saying that it's a scam, a bubble, it can't work, etc. But at least iPhones and other things bring people immediate gratification.
That's how it should work, potential investment opportunities shouldn't be predictable as making them so will result in exploitation from other people and at the same time, it would be a boring one because you know that there's no risk. That's why if there's something that you're going to hold on to, it better have a good background as and investment since everyone's trying to be the next bitcoin right now.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
From what most people told me. In certain countries and cultures an iPhone is considered a status symbol. I think in USA, nobody really cares whether you have an iPhone or not. Most teenagers got the latest iPhone pretty much these days.

However in certain countries, having an iPhones means “you’ve made it”. Yes it sounds stupid but when I got an new iPhone I sold my old one to some guy that was bringing it overseas somewhere. I had a case I wanted to include with the phone and he didn’t want it? Why.

Because my case covered the iPhone logo on the back, saying that in his country you need to “show off the Apple logo”.

Crazy. Kind of like how someone drives an Escalade or Mercedes in USA.
Activity: 602
Merit: 102
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

credits to @CryptoManiaks FB page in regards to the image

Imagine if you've invested it in Bitcoin instead of a fad that can be replaced in just a year or even not in the course of a year because another one will be out. An iPhone 4 at that time is most likely the price of what the iPhone X's by now but look how much price depreciation it brought over time, always be good on your decision guys and gals.

That's why bitcoin continues to be beaten and weakened by people who have great power, so bitcoin must come down from its current price, for an Iphone class only if it is calculated with Bitcoin there is no price for the iPhone, especially if it is calculated with other items that do not have a selling price like the iPhone, maybe some companies don't want bitcoin to be at the current price, so the product they issue doesn't have a price when multiplied by bitcoin, even though bitcoin is intangible like other goods or products, this is what companies worry about, when bitcoin is getting more and more valuable, then the products/goods they put out are priceless, this is just my assumption, but is this in line with what happened to bitcoin?
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1128
Imagine if you've invested it in Bitcoin instead of a fad that can be replaced in just a year or even not in the course of a year because another one will be out. An iPhone 4 at that time is most likely the price of what the iPhone X's by now but look how much price depreciation it brought over time, always be good on your decision guys and gals.
I guess the best thing about bitcoin price is how it is against inflation and how it is increasing so much. However it is also proof that if you can buy right now, even right now then you would be doing fine in the future. People who quit and lost hope in 2018 ended up losing out so much, just because it went from 20k all the way down to 3k didn't mean that it would stay there forever and eventually it made insane profits, it literally went to 64k each at the top.

This is a proof that you are never ever late to bitcoin ownership, you should always buy it, and get some other good cryptos while you are there as well because you will make this kind of profit in 10 years as well.
Activity: 868
Merit: 63
Is that for real? An iPhone 13 only costs about half of what I currently have in bitcoin? That's pretty absurd and such a good comparison on how big the growth of bitcoin is over the years that it has been existing and at the same time being scorned as a fad or a scam back then.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 109
1xBit.. recovered their reputation

I am an iphone user and currently I am using is iphone X (which I bought from bounty in 2018)
there is also a little regret why I bought this iphone, if only I had kept it in bitcoin then my profit was much bigger

I'm curious at what price the iPhone/BTC price comparison is on the iPhone that will be released next
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
Buying an iPhone is fine if its fulfill your satisfaction then so be it, we are investing to buy the things that we want so there’s no wrong about it and beside that time there’s no assurance that Bitcoin can soar like this that’s why very few was able to hold Bitcoin by that time. Though right now, this has been my wake up call not to spend too much on material things that depreciate in just a year, i’d rather invest it for now and buy good things in the future.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 277
Instead of spending too much on luxurious gadgets, maybe it's now time to divert all those materialistic desires and turn our ways on bitcoin. Let's think about profitable future of our lives, don't let your world falls on technology advancements. If we need phones and other stuffs, just take only for its purpose and not by fashion.
Bitcoin is a good assurance for gains, so as a trader or holder make it a good decision to choose it wisely instead of ignoring it.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
It's so easy to judge people when you know exactly how things have played out over they years, but I can bet you can't predict the next big thing that will show performance similar to Bitcoin in early days. When this thing will emerge, people will be saying that it's a scam, a bubble, it can't work, etc. But at least iPhones and other things bring people immediate gratification.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
Imagine if you've invested it in Bitcoin instead of a fad that can be replaced in just a year

The thing is that most didn't know about Bitcoin when iPhone 4 was launched.
And this makes the image, although nice, basically useless.
Also some will prefer to invest, some others will prefer to spend, few will find a good balance between the two.
And I will end with: it's counterproductive to spend much time on "what would have happened if..."; it's better to focus on doing better in the future.

This comparison is created just for the sake of looking cool,not because it's accurate or because it makes any sense from a financial or economical point of view.
Comparing the historical prices of a consumer product being measured in a currency/financial asset,which became incredibly valuable in a really short time frame(a few years). There is no point of doing this.
iPhone is overpriced and it gets old/obsolete pretty quickly.The main reason why the people buy iPhones is to flex around and show how rich and cool they are,in front of their friends and family. Grin

legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10558
Some people here are focusing too much on meaningless details such as whether you could buy an iPhone with bitcoin or whether anybody bought it, or whether it was even released back then! These are all pointless.

Things like this simply show how bitcoin's value has significantly grown over the years. Believe it or not some people have a very hard time grasping how something they were told was going to die has gone up so much that it is worth nearly $50000 and the size of this growth is something they can't quite grasp. So comparisons such as this one helps with their tiny brains.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
One thing to consider is that an iPhone 4 was much much cheaper than an iPhone 13. I think the iPhone 4 was only like $500 but how much is the iPhone 13( not mini) it’s basically double that pretty much. I know there is inflation and all but for it to be double is just nuts.

I think the reason they get away with this is because people just get a plan and basically pay for it monthly like it’s a mortgage or a car loan, which is pretty crazy in my opinion.

The new phones are nice and all but I usually just wait until they are about 3-4 years old and buy them second hand for $100-$200. Most people keep it in a case so it looks brand new and the battery is usually about $10 to replace on Amazon.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 694
[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope
There will be no comparison when assessing the benefits of an item. Some people who bought iPhone4 10 years ago may have made millions of dollars today because they are content creators while some bitcoin holders are not enjoying the return on their investment due to loss of access to the wallet.

Life scenarios are unpredictable. So, prioritize decisions for long-run benefits, not those that look promising in the future.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
If anyone ever asks you why you think bitcoin will always go up in the long run, you can either show them this, or you can show them the tesla price of it as well. However if we are going to be honest, someone should do one with Apple stock instead of apple products. How did bitcoin performed against apple stock? That is an important part of the deal as well, like for example in the past 5 years, it went up over 8x as well; which is not as good as bitcoin of course, but at least it is not the price of iphone level neither.

If you invested 1k during 2016 to bitcoin or apple, you would have been wildly richer with bitcoin, but it wouldn't be as big of a difference as iphone prices, that is the key here. We made more money than apple stock as well, that is the thing that we should be focusing on, and I believe that we will keep on outperforming the market for a long time as well.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom

Okay, that's impressive stats even if someone didn't know Bitcoin by that time still if they made investment on Apple shares instead of their products still they could be in huge profits and from this we can understand the importance of investment and delayed gratification when someone wants to be rich and attain financial freedom.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1189
Need Campaign Manager?PM on telegram @sujonali1819
This is hilarious. 2857 BTC for only one Apple phone. The man who have brought iPhone 4 with 2857 BTC is still alive after seeing the rise of bitcoin price? Lol
I thought maybe iPhone 4 was launched 2014-2015 . And I was surprised by seeing it. Smiley But it was launched during 2010 when Bitcoin was new and only few people was know about it. So it was normal according to USD value.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
It may be interesting to go back in time and compare how much something cost in BTC, and because of the very low price of the same, the differences are of course amazing and hard to comprehend. Yet back then, few even tried to buy something directly for BTC, because relatively few people (compared to today) even knew that Bitcoin existed.

Investing in something we need is never a bad thing, and most of us today need a smartphone - so while some prefer cheaper models that will serve them for 1 or 2 years, others are willing to pay a lot more and use such a phone at least 4-5 year. Personally, I don’t see the logic in buying new (expensive) smartphones every year, because the improvements over the older models are mostly in the design and unnecessary improvement of the cameras.

In addition, the people who invested in BTC at the time mostly kept them in the wrong place, and we know how that ended...

Source
Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
The year when iPhone 4 was launched, there were not that many people that knew about bitcoin but that's hella of bitcoin at that time and the future valuation of bitcoin of bitcoin during that time was still uncertain. I think if I own that much by that time and I think that I can purchase that model of iPhone then I might do the decision that I'll regret forever.

But iPhone to me is just a want and not a need so I'll just keep the current bitcoin that I have or will reinvest it to something that will make me more money. And maybe a few years, we can buy latest iPhones with a thousand of sats.
Pages:
Jump to: