Pages:
Author

Topic: Price of BTC - up about 150% in the past 12 months. Reasons? - page 3. (Read 2211 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
it is all of the above!
but you should know that a 100%-150% rise is not a new thing and it certainly was not only last year.

2011 price went from $0.3 to $3 (900%)
2012 price went from $3 to $14 (360%)
2013 price went from $14 to $1200 i'd like to think real price was $180-$200 (1300%)
the Mt Gox correction took some time but before that price was rising the same way.
2015 started from $200ish and ended at $450 (125%)
and 2016 from $450 to $1166 (160%)

p.s. the numbers may be a tiny bit off the mark, check price history for accuracy!

Halving, plus ETF, plus capital flight from China (though that part might be abating because of PBOC actions).
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
The bitcoin price rose enormously in the last year. We had about 150% increase in the past 12 months.

What do you think caused that?

1. The Halving.
2. Nothing in particular. It is standard for BTC to gain value as a result of general adoption growing.
3. Future Bitcoin projects potential - mainly: Coin ETF, but at that time SegWit and LN were hyped as well.
4. Something else or combination of all factors presented above?

Do you think rising trend will continue in 2017?

Or we will hit the ceiling soon due to current bitcoin problems: unresolved scaling debate, fee war etc.

Fair market value of Bitcoin $2136.52
http://www.alfaquotes.com/

Activity: 1358
Merit: 622
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
I think it is because of halving because i just notice the movement from last 2013 that the price is increase before or after block halving dont the exact block halving before but i think there is a big help by block halving..
Compare to the last year movement of the price i feel and seen theres many changes right now..
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I think that the financial turmoil in many countries with central banks are huge factors. These events all cause more people to come to bitcoin as a gold 2.0 and store of value. Especially events like the Greek debt crisis, India getting rid of bills, or Venezuela going into recession. I always view bitcoin competition to be mainly focus on fiat currencies, with other cryptocurrencies  coming second. And I am definitely bullish in 2017. I've been waiting for a hyper inflation event for that last couple of years, http://www.usdebtclock.org/ and i still think something will happen before 2020. there are so many things that could go wrong with U.S. economy very soon. http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/interest-rates/countdown-to-fomc.html I do think that some of the goldbugs like Peter Schiff and Mike Maloney who think austrian economics is the world will be right in some of there predictions. So we will see what happens.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
it is all of the above!
but you should know that a 100%-150% rise is not a new thing and it certainly was not only last year.

2011 price went from $0.3 to $3 (900%)
2012 price went from $3 to $14 (360%)
2013 price went from $14 to $1200 i'd like to think real price was $180-$200 (1300%)
the Mt Gox correction took some time but before that price was rising the same way.
2015 started from $200ish and ended at $450 (125%)
and 2016 from $450 to $1166 (160%)

p.s. the numbers may be a tiny bit off the mark, check price history for accuracy!
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
The bitcoin price rose enormously in the last year. We had about 150% increase in the past 12 months.

What do you think caused that?

1. The Halving.
2. Nothing in particular. It is standard for BTC to gain value as a result of general adoption growing.
3. Future Bitcoin projects potential - mainly: Coin ETF, but at that time SegWit and LN were hyped as well.
4. Something else or combination of all factors presented above?

Do you think rising trend will continue in 2017?

Or we will hit the ceiling soon due to current bitcoin problems: unresolved scaling debate, fee war etc.
Pages:
Jump to: