Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRICE REDUCED] DPS-2000BB 2000W Server PSU Interface Board - page 17. (Read 61990 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Sweet well I skipped this for my Neptune but I want a good power set-up for the future, I even got 240v installed at 30a so I'll want 4 boards later on to get 4 psus. Balance out 6kw

Are you doing the pwm? What's your temperature curve?

I wonder if 2a is enough for the knc control box
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
The PSU has no fans. Our board has an integrated 4-wire fan controller with two linked headers and full internal/external PWM control (from about 5% to 100% speed) so you can strap high-quality server fans to your PSU and not require any external stuff to regulate them.

5V is provided by an added 5V 2A buck regulator powered from the 12V output, same as on our 750W boards.

Sorry I didn't post anything regarding updates on the preorder. We're trying to work out a deal that'll get us up to a small run of CS boards that'll be made available, but Mystery Customer #2 has been foot-dragging for about a week and a half. We're scheming right now on the best way to move forward with smaller batches if we have to (which will mean a higher per-unit cost) to meet expected deadlines.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
so the 2kw supply has no fan and must be external? any links?

also how do you make 5v? the psu seems to not make much.
legendary
We'll have actual documentation posted for that board specific one of these days. We're just much fonder of building things than doing paperwork.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Thanks sidehack. The document had all the board info I was looking for.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Most of the beta boards shipped out yesterday. We should have gotten them out Tuesday. One of our bonehead engineers (well, me) based the fan header pinout on a fan we were using for testing and it made it all the way to PCB manufacture before anyone caught it (well, I did). So we wired up some adapters to fit on the fan header pins so actual standard 4-wire fans will mate natively. That slowed us down a bit. Thankfully that's the only problem we've identified with the board so far, everything else is working perfectly. r00t$, you'll probably see your box tomorrow or Saturday.

I received it Friday and very easily replaced 3 of the Dell Z750's I had strung up on my rack. SO much cleaner looking, and also better now that I got my mining equipment off my basement 110V circuit onto it's own dedicated 220V.

This baby hums along happily, although I don't know the total load I have on it, as my kill-a-watt meter is only 110V compatible. It's pushing a habanero (800W), some Drillbit bitfury boards (300W), some Avalon stuff (500W), and a whole mess of fans. None of the wires are warm to the touch. 

Having 12 power connectors on 1 PSU is the cat's ass..but I couldn't imagine doubling up on those spades. It's already pretty right in there with the 12. Beautiful job on the board.

Having fans in the right spot, and actually blowing through the PSU, is very important. I currently have 2 fans zip tied to the side, using the on-board fan header pins..one positioned right at the end where the breakout board connects, and one in the middle. Those seem to be the hot spots on the PSU. The pin header adapter actually worked out nicely for me by bringing the pins up off the breakout board a bit.

I'll try to snap some pics once I get everything wire managed a little nicer.

Excellent job Gekko Science team!

legendary
The pin header and DIP switch operation is exactly the same as on the D750 boards, so glancing over the D750 V0.5 documentation on the gekkoscience website should fill that in. The chips at the connector are there for current sense, so NCS boards don't have them. It's high-side current sensing so the side with the chips/solderbridge is the 12V side.

You should also have received some pin header adapters, which the PCB accidentally has the 12V and GND pins on the fan headers fliped; the adapters fix that.
Activity: 39
Do you have posted any instructions/info on the proper use of the pins for these? Like, which pins are which for the fan header, what do the dip switches do, how to properly and safely configure for load balancing for 2/3/4 psu's, etc.? Also, for me, some of the pin labels are a tad hard to read due to the tiny font size. Could you post a pin-out for those as well?

One other thing...the pics posted show little chips between the top connectors and the terminal, but mine only have a bunch of solder. Is this because of the current sensing option, or because I have test boards? And which set of terminals is + vs -? I can't see any markings stating what is what on the boards.

Thanks.
Activity: 256
Merit: 250
Because it's sterile...
Interested in this project.  I don't know if I can use the board right now, because the lack of equipment and the rental home I am staying in is an older home that probably could not handle the voltage requirements of the PSU.
legendary
I've been pretty busy this week getting some stuff ironed out, but Saturday I'm going to take time and get back to everyone that's asked about preorders. So far no money has changed hands because I haven't gotten the tracking organization fully set up to make sure everything is accounted for accurately, but that'll all be done soon. Everyone that's emailed or messaged about orders so far should hear back from me by Saturday night.
Activity: 2
ah completely missed that!
will mail you later with order when i know how many i will need
legendary
Once the initial preorder period has passed, it'll be 5 to 7 weeks before we start shipping boards, to allow for all the large parts orders to come in and we start production.

I know it sucks, but money doesn't grow on trees and the only way to keep the prices low enough that you guys can actually buy stuff is to order in bulk which takes a large initial sum.
Activity: 2
looking great!
just got 4 of these PSU's for £10 but cba to mod them if your board is out soon  Grin

what is the eta for shipping?
also what is the rough shipping cost to UK? (probably 3 or 4 NCS boards dependent on postage)
legendary
Most of the beta boards shipped out yesterday. We should have gotten them out Tuesday. One of our bonehead engineers (well, me) based the fan header pinout on a fan we were using for testing and it made it all the way to PCB manufacture before anyone caught it (well, I did). So we wired up some adapters to fit on the fan header pins so actual standard 4-wire fans will mate natively. That slowed us down a bit. Thankfully that's the only problem we've identified with the board so far, everything else is working perfectly. r00t$, you'll probably see your box tomorrow or Saturday.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
I have sent BTC for a board and 12 cables...wondering if I could get some of the longer 36" cables for a little extra?

Thanks as always sidehack and crew.

*edit*...assuming the board hasn't already been shipped and sitting on my front porch when i get home...which in that case will promptly post a review of the product
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
°^°
interested in 1x CS and 7x NCS to Germany
legendary
We could maybe do a stock kit of 1 PSU, 1 board and 10 18" cables, then a super kit of 1 PSU, 1 board and 10 36" cables for $10 more. And if you want more than 10 cables per board you'd have to buy extra. I'll talk to our PSU guy and see what we can get our hands on, because having the PSU for sale would be pretty nice for customers. I just don't have a price range on those yet; we're mostly concerned about the things that are going to require money now for delivery in the future rather than things we get as soon as we pay for them.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
Gotcha.  So you would just need the PSU?  Sounds good =)
legendary
I'll have to check what power supplies we can get our hands on, but we basically are selling preorders on the boards and cables. Full kits, you run into the question of how many cables and what length.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
Big fan of your dell boards.

Would you consider selling preorder kits for this?  That is,  breakout board,  PS, and PCI-e adaptors?  Or would that needlessly complicate your life?
Pages:
Jump to: