Pages:
Author

Topic: Price stability - page 10. (Read 1644 times)

Activity: 270
Merit: 10
October 31, 2018, 05:55:28 AM
The stability of prices of altcoins and bitcoin has been a major concern that needs to be addressed. Most people are of the hope that market prices goes on well so that transactions become very smooth.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
October 31, 2018, 05:42:46 AM
I'm not even sure whether this is a bad or a good thing right now but this is definitely unusual and I have never seen it before even though I have been in the crypto scene since 2014.

From what I can see the development (Lightning network etc.) is more active than it ever was, so shouldn't that give a little boost to the price at least?

For me, a stable crypto price is more welcomed than a volatile crypto price! It has several upsides and with a very little downside. Let me point those out for you,

1. Volatile pricing was one of the major bottleneck for the merchants to accept cryptos as a payment method. Because of the fluctuation risk, the potential to loose money over time was way higher. With a stable price, more merchants will be open to cryptos as a payment method because they won't have to deal with the price fluctuation.

2. Stable price is good because the market is not ready to sell cheaper than current price. It seems to have reached an unwritten consensus among the buyers and sellers. Only an impatient imbecile will sell it cheaper!

3. Stable pricing will effectively discourage a HODLer to hold the crypto for longer time with a hope of good return! It will encourage them to come out of their coffers and to be used as a currency (the original goal of crypto)

4. Stable price effectively encourage the market to see a long term sustainable growth over a period of time! If the fluctuation is not high, people will see a sustainable growth  very similar to the real world stock market because speculators will be acted out of the picture which effectively brings down the risk of huge slide!

So for me, stable pricing of a crypto is welcome than a volatile market. If you want to see a sustainable growth now, start using your cryptos as a currency whenever possible!

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
October 31, 2018, 05:18:06 AM
I'm not even sure whether this is a bad or a good thing right now but this is definitely unusual and I have never seen it before even though I have been in the crypto scene since 2014.

Based on Bollinger Band width, Bitcoin reached these low levels of volatility in 2015 and 2016 as well. The price was stuck in a particularly tight range this last couple weeks, but overall this is nothing out of the ordinary.

From what I can see the development (Lightning network etc.) is more active than it ever was, so shouldn't that give a little boost to the price at least?

The market is still reeling from the bubble pop last year, so it doesn't really matter how strong the underlying fundamentals are. The market cycles take time to play out.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
October 31, 2018, 03:57:42 AM
The stability of the bitcoin when investors worry, they wonder whether in the future they will continue like or down much more, This somewhat affect the psychology of investors
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1901
Shuffle.com
October 31, 2018, 03:51:32 AM
We do have the Lightning Network but you shouldn't expect the price to increase right away because of this. It's only a solution to the reduce the on chain transactions and there's not a lot of merchants that uses the Lightning Network. Maybe at some point in the future it could boost the price even more once the network gets busy again so that more merchants will be encouraged to use it.
Activity: 437
Merit: 103
October 31, 2018, 03:24:39 AM
in fact at this time the price of bitcoin dropped was very normal because at the beginning of the year bitcoin had already directed its highest price.
I think next year bitcoin will rise...
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
October 31, 2018, 03:04:21 AM
Bitcoin price at present time is good because if we look at the present market situation it is the actual position of the crypto market and the abnormal fluctuations in the market seen in the last year 2017 and now we can say that price is stable in these days so we can say that future is prosperous.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
October 31, 2018, 02:46:43 AM

My personal opinion is that the current state comes from people not wanting (usually) to sell cheaper than current price and buyers not willing (yet) to pay more. I also think that this is kind of boiling point and should not last long.

Not necessarily. LN is still far from the point it can be called finished/non-beta/safe to use. Some still estimate it to be good only in 2 more years. That's a lot, especially for day traders and speculators.
The speculators don't care much of long term development and the good news may not "touch" them so easy. These do factor in as soon as the bull market kicks in; then every tiny good news can cause overreaction. Until then, we have to wait patiently...
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031
October 31, 2018, 02:36:44 AM

Pages:
Jump to: