Pages:
Author

Topic: Price will not increase until 12 months before the halving. - page 2. (Read 2178 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 509
so the price will start to rise at the end of summer basically? around august? as far as i remember was never raised during the summer

The last few months have been a hard lesson in taking any 'historical' BTC data remotely seriously. It'll be made up as it's going along for a long time to come.

I've never really understood the 'sell in may and go away' thing. That makes humans sound like herd animals who migrate to the Antarctic to rut and then return to the internet in autumn.

Still, it's a predecent but a deeply weird one.
Yeah, a 101 in economics is past performance doesn't guarantee future performance. I am tho in agreement of those that view a very long stable, low price on the 2xx territory. This is great news for anyone that is in here for the long term.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
There won't be a specific cut-off date or a moment where people will decide to buy BTC in anticipation of the next block reward halving! It is already priced in to a certain degree and will continue to being priced in even more. It's a very gradual process!

Its probably helped to slow down the bear market a little but people still live day to day, week to week, month to month, year to year.  If you look how quick good and bad news moves markets despite fundamentals the same.  Im not sure the next halving is yet priced in much.
8up
Activity: 618
Merit: 500
There won't be a specific cut-off date or a moment where people will decide to buy BTC in anticipation of the next block reward halving! It is already priced in to a certain degree and will continue to being priced in even more. It's a very gradual process!

True. There will be exactly ZERO halving effect. We already know the moneysupply for the next century!
Activity: 518
Trust me!
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
so the price will start to rise at the end of summer basically? around august? as far as i remember was never raised during the summer

The last few months have been a hard lesson in taking any 'historical' BTC data remotely seriously. It'll be made up as it's going along for a long time to come.

I've never really understood the 'sell in may and go away' thing. That makes humans sound like herd animals who migrate to the Antarctic to rut and then return to the internet in autumn.

Still, it's a predecent but a deeply weird one.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
Activity: 826
or it could take a bit longer?

if it did this last time, it doesnt mean it`ll do it again.. things change drastically on the day to day basis.

Some guy predicted a price point on $200ish only 3 months ago stating it`ll be at the end of this year, but it came way earlier then anticipated.
Activity: 622
Well we are getting close:

http://bitcoinclock.com

15 months away
legendary
Activity: 910
Just my theory.  It happened this way at the last halving.  It will happen again.  It will become more real to people at less then a year.  Miners will start to price it in to there sells.  People will start to hoard again anticipating a price increase.  There will be more adoption in general.  The prophecy will self fufill.
Pages:
Jump to: