Pages:
Author

Topic: price will pop back up to $120 monday morning - page 4. (Read 8707 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
like i said, I have no problem scamming YOU, as long as I have paid everybody else.  
Either way you look at it, you should have relaxed.  You would be 1btc richer if you did.   Smiley

well thats true. if i didn't say anything, or if i didn't read the thread at all, then perhaps i would be 1btc richer. oh well. i could really care less about 1btc. i made the bet for fun.

and its technically not a scam if you didn't lose anything.  They weren't even real/secure bets, even though I paid off almost all of them..

i certainly did lose. as i am a professional gambler, the bets are "real" as soon as they are confirmed. just as you said in one of your responses, you would not be obligated for any bets that you didnt "confirm" in the thread. that is the 'handshake'. i have bet multiple thousands of dollars in the same fashion on other forums. if you notice, i was the first and only one who asked for a confirmation.

i lost because if i lost the bet, i would have paid. in this case, it ends up being a freeroll. if i lost the bet, i would have paid. if i win the bet, i dont get anything anyway. so in effect, i've "lost" 0.5 theoretical btc because i had 0% chance to win the bet.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Why none of the winners gives you any trust/feedback?

Will do that now

EDIT - How do i do this?
Just go to /profile /feedback and add fb.

Done, i think
you must convince me, or no BTC

I'll give you one last chance johnblaze.  See, I don't feel like arguing with you, so I'm going to ask you to argue with yourself.  If you can show me that you can convincingly destroy your own argument to pieces, I will give you the 1 BTC.  You may now begin earning your 1 BTC by going through the thread and responding to yourself and explaining why your argument is flawed.  

i dont understand your request, so i dont know what to convince you of.
i dont see how my argument is flawed.

here is my argument:

1. originally you post that you will pay 3 winners
2. multiple people tell you that you were incorrect and missed out on 2 other people (me and stramir)
3. you respond AGAIN saying that you will not be paying the others
4. at this point, i would thought that you did your "double-check" and concluded that you are only paying 3
5. only then do i correct someone when they try to praise you for "holding up your word"

apparently, my assumption at #4 was wrong. you didn't do any double-check at that point. instead, you just assumed that the 4 posters who told you were wrong were just making stuff up. so #4 is my mistake

if no BTC, that's fine.

at this point, it is no longer an honest mistake. now, you would be willingly scamming
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
you must convince me, or no BTC

If he can't do it can I have his BTC? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003
VIS ET LIBERTAS

Will do that now

EDIT - How do i do this?
Just go to /profile /feedback and add fb.
actually looks like 4 separate people (me and stramir and 2 others) pointed out the mistake. i hadn't made any accusations of scammer at that point

only AFTER you insisted that everyone was wrong and that you were not paying anyone else, only then did i make the accusation.
legendary

Will do that now

EDIT - How do i do this?
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003
VIS ET LIBERTAS
I was mistaken.. I thought I was correct, and then discovered I was incorrect.  It was a simple matter of double checking, and by the time I did, you accused me.  You're the only one missing out, so no matter how you look at it, you lost.  LOL

if you made an honest mistake, that's fine

however, at the point of my accusation, you were already notified by 3+ people about your mistake, and you continued to ignore everyone. i would have thought that you would have double-checked after the first person pointed it to you. so, AT THAT POINT IN TIME, there was no other conclusion. you ignored multiple people and to you that was that. you were set in stone. at that point, you are not honoring your word.

please tell me how you would have interpreted it
legendary
me, on the other hand -- I won!  I love giving away bitcoins.

Oh, me too, me too!

Edit: I mean give me bitcoins! MILLIONS OF THEM!
legendary

I will definitely pay out the other guy, but not johnblazer... I didn't appreciate his accusation of me being a scammer.  If I am a scammer because I pay out everybody except ONE person, then so be it  Grin

lol

when exactly did i accuse you of being a scammer? i accused you of it only after MULTIPLE posters notified you of your mistake, and instead of trying to check and make sure things were right, you simply continued on your blind assertion that you were only paying xxx people and not the others. i didn't call you a scammer initially. i pointed out your mistake, and others did too. you ignored everyone. what am i supposed to think at that point?

and now to get out of paying, you just claim that i'm impatient or that you dont like my accusations. thats convenient

obviously this is the internet. you will either make good on your bet or you will not. i cannot do anything. you have all the power, not me. if your choice is to back out, that's fine, but i have every right to correct other people who try to give you praise for "holding up your word" when up until the point when i made the accusation, you were in fact NOT holding up your word.

I think the better way of handling this would be to have done it via PM. More personal and you could do a bit more back-and-forth there without public comments interfering.
MOB
Activity: 493
Merit: 504
1BTC incoming to my address now.  Thanks OP!

johnblaze:  I bet if you had never posted after winning--or not posted 5 times being a dick--then you would have gotten the 1BTC.  Guess you just learned a lesson?  Too bad it cost you ~$100.

He isn't a scammer.  He just doesn't like you.

I will definitely pay out the other guy, but not johnblazer... I didn't appreciate his accusation of me being a scammer.  If I am a scammer because I pay out everybody except ONE person, then so be it  Grin

lol

when exactly did i accuse you of being a scammer? i accused you of it only after MULTIPLE posters notified you of your mistake, and instead of trying to check and make sure things were right, you simply continued on your blind assertion that you were only paying xxx people and not the others. i didn't call you a scammer initially. i pointed out your mistake, and others did too. you ignored everyone. what am i supposed to think at that point?

and now to get out of paying, you just claim that i'm impatient or that you dont like my accusations. thats convenient

obviously this is the internet. you will either make good on your bet or you will not. i cannot do anything. you have all the power, not me. if your choice is to back out, that's fine, but i have every right to correct other people who try to give you praise for "holding up your word" when up until the point when i made the accusation, you were in fact NOT holding up your word.

and obviously if you do hold up your word, then i will retract my accusation as an honest error on your part
legendary
nope, no PM.. he jumped to the conclusion I'm a scammer so I refuse to pay him..
hey skamir, whats your address buddy?

Yeah, I can see the issue then. That's also libel.
legendary

Read up on the post right before mine?

read two posts above yours and then re-read the thread.

Went through the entire thread front to end. You're right. Two of you appear to have been skipped over (as your post indicates). Also checked for edits and there were none, so your complaint is legit. I apologize!

I can really see both sides of this (impartial observer). Did he ever pm you to ensure you saw his message when he said you owed him?

That would have been my first step.
MOB
Activity: 493
Merit: 504
MOB, how do I pay you?  You are the last one to payout but i can't figure out a receiving address

2/3 bets are now paid..

Sorry--was afk for awhile.  Please send it to: 1HP8h3RPh2WDJrWxJqJLVGHfwfCAtNQiSG

Thanks!
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Nope it has not gone back to $120 but I believe that the worse is over and the bottom is at $88, Bitcoin prices is now climbing steadily.
legendary
shit.. you're right.  I'll pay stamir, but not you.. I don't like your impatience. 

OP is awesome
legendary

Went through the entire thread front to end. You're right. Two of you appear to have been skipped over (as your post indicates). Also checked for edits and there were none, so your complaint is legit. I apologize!

Pages:
Jump to: