Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRIVATE BET] Luceo & Xisalty: Bitcoin vs Litecoin Price Bet - page 2. (Read 2927 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Just to update with Luceo and the others, I recently lost access to my address used in the bet. Just posting so that the first post can be updated with a new address to be used. 1Gsx5wKDaSDuEyPeNg5W9EGXRTLrg9nkaA is the new address.

Quoted
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Just to update with Luceo and the others, I recently lost access to my address used in the bet. Just posting so that the first post can be updated with a new address to be used. 1Gsx5wKDaSDuEyPeNg5W9EGXRTLrg9nkaA is the new address.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1016
Strength in numbers
That's a longish bet.

Just out of curiosity are you holding the 10 bitcoins or will you go to market near that time? If you are holding the 10 it might be a better deal to get a buttload of LTC for it and bet that way, no counter-party risk and a lot more potential upside assuming you think LTC will actually be going way up beyond .004. A way to get that upside and still do a bet is to make him payout in LTC, probably set the amount equal to the 10BTC at the current rate.

That's all just random thought, gl.

I always have enough BTC on hand to pay out this kind of volume without an issue, so I'll be holding 10 BTC. I'm betting against LTC and he's going long on LTC, which is why I've elected to do it this way. Sadly there's no options to short LTC without counter-party risk at the moment.

Oh, I see I had it backwards.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Per aspera ad astra!
Good luck to you too, sir. ^^
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
This is a bet between Luceo and xisalty, to be settled at 23:59 UTC on 31st December 2012.

If the last traded price on BTC-e in the pair LTC/BTC is lower than 0.004 BTC per LTC at the time of settlement, xisalty will send 10 Bitcoins to 1NywtxytKx1LLHTMT475hkKoCdZPZJYpsB.

If the last traded price on BTC-e in the pair LTC/BTC is equal to or higher than 0.004 BTC per LTC at the time of settlement, Luceo will send 10 Bitcoins to 1EBW2cYHAC6LqTf9c5EfFh2rVHZPpwH2gr.

In the event that BTC-e is no longer trading at the time of settlement, the bet shall be declared a draw.

I will wait for xisalty to confirm this. Putting this here in public so that it doesn't get forgotten, or the terms reneged upon, or anything else of that nature.

I am posting here to confirm that these are the terms of the bet.
Good Luck Luceo.
Per aspera ad astra!
That's a longish bet.

Just out of curiosity are you holding the 10 bitcoins or will you go to market near that time? If you are holding the 10 it might be a better deal to get a buttload of LTC for it and bet that way, no counter-party risk and a lot more potential upside assuming you think LTC will actually be going way up beyond .004. A way to get that upside and still do a bet is to make him payout in LTC, probably set the amount equal to the 10BTC at the current rate.

I always have enough BTC on hand to pay out this kind of volume without an issue, so I'll be holding 10 BTC. I'm betting against LTC and he's going long on LTC, which is why I've elected to do it this way. Sadly there's no options to short LTC without counter-party risk at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
I should mention that I am not Xisalty, but I was witness to the bet, and everything was fairly done/agreed upon.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1016
Strength in numbers
This is a bet between Luceo and xisalty, to be settled at 23:59 UTC on 31st December 2012.

If the last traded price on BTC-e in the pair LTC/BTC is lower than 0.004 BTC per LTC at the time of settlement, xisalty will send 10 Bitcoins to 1NywtxytKx1LLHTMT475hkKoCdZPZJYpsB.

If the last traded price on BTC-e in the pair LTC/BTC is equal to or higher than 0.004 BTC per LTC at the time of settlement, Luceo will send 10 Bitcoins to 1EBW2cYHAC6LqTf9c5EfFh2rVHZPpwH2gr.

In the event that BTC-e is no longer trading at the time of settlement, the bet shall be declared a draw.

I will wait for xisalty to confirm this. Putting this here in public so that it doesn't get forgotten, or the terms reneged upon, or anything else of that nature.

That's a longish bet.

Per aspera ad astra!

Update: Paid to yet another address requested by xisalty (http://blockchain.info/tx-index/40498248/0ca8fc93244bd6389e5f576f370bc2361cbe0df86f7cdf23861af0434789ac73) on page 2. Congrats xisalty on winning the bet.

If the last traded price on BTC-e in the pair LTC/BTC is equal to or higher than 0.004 BTC per LTC at the time of settlement, Luceo will send 10 Bitcoins to 1Gsx5wKDaSDuEyPeNg5W9EGXRTLrg9nkaA*.

* Note (SEPTEMBER 17TH 2012 04:23 UTC): xisalty requested an address change in post 11 which Tittiez quoted in post 12, this is why the address which appears here is different to that quoted below by deego.
Pages:
Jump to: