Pages:
Author

Topic: Private Key lost one character - page 4. (Read 6410 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 11
N.E.E.T
April 15, 2016, 02:35:01 AM
maybe you can use crunch - wordlist generator
https://sourceforge.net/projects/crunch-wordlist/

Code:
./crunch 52 52 123456789ABCDEFGHJKLMNPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijkmnopqrstuvwxyz -t L4rK1yDtCWekvXuE6oXD9jCYfFNV2cWRpVuPLBcCU2z8TrisoyY@ -o found.txt
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 5123
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
April 15, 2016, 02:33:47 AM
I'm using perl in window, and encounter an error as below. Do i have to define the variables like i='(A..Z)' ??

C:\Strawberry\perl\test>perl test.pl
Missing $ on loop variable at test.pl line 1.

for i in `perl -e '$,=" ";
print +(A..Z),(a..z),(0..9)'`;

"for i in something; do something; done" is not perl. It's bash, and I don't think you get that in stock windows boxes even today. Install cygwin and try there.

^^ this is correct... I'm running on a linux box (and i wrongly assumed so were you), so it's basically a combination between bash and perl (which is installed by default on 90+% of the linux distros, but not on windows... you need something like mobaXterm or cygwin with some addons to do this task)...
Did you get this solved, or do i have to rewrite it in pure perl?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
April 15, 2016, 02:30:38 AM
I'm using perl in window, and encounter an error as below. Do i have to define the variables like i='(A..Z)' ??

"for i in something; do something; done" is not perl. It's bash, and I don't think you get that in stock windows boxes even today. Install cygwin and try there.
Activity: 16
Merit: 1
April 15, 2016, 01:58:29 AM

legendary
March 23, 2016, 09:51:08 AM
Indeed, i'm going to do so. The missing character is not really the last character but somewhere inside the 50.
Your guys are awesome.

Sorry, i wrongfully assumed it was the last character that went missing (wrong copy/paste), but like CIYAM already said, you can repeat the step 50 times Wink

EDIT: btw: you can get the bitcoin-cli binary, connect it to blockchain.info's JSON-RPC API in case you don't want to sync the whole blockchain:

for i in `perl -e '$,=" ";print +(A..Z),(a..z),(0..9)'` ; do bitcoin-cli -rpcconnect=rpc.blockchain.info -rpcport=443 -rpcssl -rpcuser=YourWalletIdentifier -rpcpassword=YourPassword importprivkey "yourkey"$i ; done

Just be carefull: i'm not sure if blockchain will ban your ip after x ammount of tries Wink ALSO: sweep your wallet and move your funds to a secure wallet once you've used blockchain's API, i would personally not trust an online wallet....
(btw: the approach is untested)
March 23, 2016, 09:21:04 AM
i'm sorry i'm not a programmer Cheesy, any open source tool available to do that?

Do you have bitcoind running on a linux server?
In that case, something like this might work:
Code:
for i in `perl -e '$,=" ";print +(A..Z),(a..z),(0..9)'` ; do bitcoin-cli  importprivkey "yourkey"$i ; done

Bravo! Many thanks! Grin, i don't have bitcoind running now, but i will get one to do so.

That will only guess a final character (i.e. is assuming you missed the very last character only). If you are not certain which character you missed then you'd need to basically repeat like this:

Code:
for i in `perl -e '$,=" ";print +(A..Z),(a..z),(0..9)'` ; do bitcoin-cli  importprivkey "y"$i"ourkey" ; done
for i in `perl -e '$,=" ";print +(A..Z),(a..z),(0..9)'` ; do bitcoin-cli  importprivkey "yo"$i"urkey" ; done
for i in `perl -e '$,=" ";print +(A..Z),(a..z),(0..9)'` ; do bitcoin-cli  importprivkey "you"$i"rkey" ; done
for i in `perl -e '$,=" ";print +(A..Z),(a..z),(0..9)'` ; do bitcoin-cli  importprivkey "your"$i"key" ; done
for i in `perl -e '$,=" ";print +(A..Z),(a..z),(0..9)'` ; do bitcoin-cli  importprivkey "yourk"$i"ey" ; done
for i in `perl -e '$,=" ";print +(A..Z),(a..z),(0..9)'` ; do bitcoin-cli  importprivkey "yourke"$i"y" ; done
for i in `perl -e '$,=" ";print +(A..Z),(a..z),(0..9)'` ; do bitcoin-cli  importprivkey "yourkey"$i ; done

(hope that makes sense and of course the first character is always going to be the 5)

Indeed, i'm going to do so. The missing character is not really the last character but somewhere inside the 50.
Your guys are awesome.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
March 23, 2016, 09:16:06 AM
i'm sorry i'm not a programmer Cheesy, any open source tool available to do that?

Code:
for i in `perl -e '$,=" ";print +(A..Z),(a..z),(0..9)'` ; do bitcoin-cli  importprivkey "yourkey"$i ; done

Bravo! Many thanks! Grin, i don't have bitcoind running now, but i will get one to do so.

That will only guess a final character (i.e. is assuming you missed the very last character only). If you are not certain which character you missed then you'd need to basically repeat like this:

Code:
for i in `perl -e '$,=" ";print +(A..Z),(a..z),(0..9)'` ; do bitcoin-cli  importprivkey "y"$i"ourkey" ; done
for i in `perl -e '$,=" ";print +(A..Z),(a..z),(0..9)'` ; do bitcoin-cli  importprivkey "yo"$i"urkey" ; done
for i in `perl -e '$,=" ";print +(A..Z),(a..z),(0..9)'` ; do bitcoin-cli  importprivkey "you"$i"rkey" ; done
for i in `perl -e '$,=" ";print +(A..Z),(a..z),(0..9)'` ; do bitcoin-cli  importprivkey "your"$i"key" ; done
for i in `perl -e '$,=" ";print +(A..Z),(a..z),(0..9)'` ; do bitcoin-cli  importprivkey "yourk"$i"ey" ; done
for i in `perl -e '$,=" ";print +(A..Z),(a..z),(0..9)'` ; do bitcoin-cli  importprivkey "yourke"$i"y" ; done
for i in `perl -e '$,=" ";print +(A..Z),(a..z),(0..9)'` ; do bitcoin-cli  importprivkey "yourkey"$i ; done

(hope that makes sense and of course the first character is always going to be the 5)
March 23, 2016, 09:11:40 AM

Code:

legendary
March 23, 2016, 09:04:51 AM

Code:
March 23, 2016, 08:59:39 AM
legendary
March 23, 2016, 08:55:21 AM
Pretty easy to hack something together in bash or perl, just loop trough all the characters, add them to the end of your private key, and try to import them using JSON-RPC, either into bitcoin core or to blockchain.info
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
March 23, 2016, 08:52:50 AM
Hi,

I wrote my private key on the paper, and i tried to retrieve the btc from the address recently, but found my private key only contain 50 characters! It is my mistake when record down the private key!!

The private key format is WIF without any compressed, base58, start with "5".
I've 50 characters on hand, is there any brute force tools to calculate the key in quick way?

Thank you.

If you're sure that you are only missing 1 character, and that you got ALL the other characters correct, then you have less than 3,000 possibilities to try.  A computer program could probably try all the possibilities in less than a second.

Do not give your private key to anybody else to try for you (unless you are VERY CERTAIN that they are trustworthy).  And be VERY careful about any programs anybody else gives you (since they could be trying to trick you into running wallet stealing software).
March 23, 2016, 08:30:23 AM
Hi,

I wrote my private key on the paper, and i tried to retrieve the btc from the address recently, but found my private key only contain 50 characters! It is my mistake when record down the private key!!

The private key format is WIF without any compressed, base58, start with "5".
I've 50 characters on hand, is there any brute force tools to calculate the key in quick way?

Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: