Pages:
Author

Topic: Pro-bitcoins Politicians - page 2. (Read 252 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
October 24, 2019, 02:21:11 PM
It's great to have politicians support the Bitcoin adoption, but besides that what we really need are big companies to lead by example. If I were the CEO of a big company and would really care about Bitcoin I'd start by paying at least a percent of my employees salaries in BTC. Can you imagine what effect could that have on the market price? I've made some research and if Apple would pay 10% of its employees in Bitcoin that would result in 1.6 billion dollars poured into the BTC market cap per year. But what if they would pay 50%, or even 100% in BTC & other companies will follow their example. I think you can once more time see the potential of Bitcoin as a currency and store-of-value.

I don't know if this is legally allowed in the United States, but your comment certainly applies in Japan. Over there, large companies should start doing that, but those companies are too conservative even with a law backing it. Only the small, younger start ups and crypto related business enthusiasts have done it.

For most of the world, first they need to address the legality barrier, because the first thing the employer will say, is that its illegal to do so. If the State doesn't even acknowledge bitcoin formally, someone getting paid in that could claim they are not getting any payment at all and sue over slavery and whatnot.

So after you get the law and regulation in place, it comes the really hard part to convince the employers to do so. It means an extra complexity to their management, which they would hardly see any justification spending money to accommodate for that.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
October 24, 2019, 01:28:14 PM
It's great to have politicians support the Bitcoin adoption, but besides that what we really need are big companies to lead by example. If I were the CEO of a big company and would really care about Bitcoin I'd start by paying at least a percent of my employees salaries in BTC. Can you imagine what effect could that have on the market price? I've made some research and if Apple would pay 10% of its employees in Bitcoin that would result in 1.6 billion dollars poured into the BTC market cap per year. But what if they would pay 50%, or even 100% in BTC & other companies will follow their example. I think you can once more time see the potential of Bitcoin as a currency and store-of-value.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
October 24, 2019, 01:18:58 PM
Andrew Yang? Who would have miss this guy?

“My vision of the economy is very consistent with the people who are in the cryptocurrency community,” Yang added, noting a need for greater decentralization and transparency in the political and economic system. Distributed ledger technology could be a key tool for facilitating the efficient distribution of a universal basic income.

https://cryptobriefing.com/crypto-andrew-yang-bitcoin-blockchain-tech/

I'm sure that most of them candidates are willing to accept crypto to help them in their campaign, but I wouldn't be complacent though that they are really pro-crypto here. Perhaps most of them are just riding the popularity for all we know.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
October 24, 2019, 12:20:35 PM
I am a dreamer and one of my dreams is to see bitcoin being mainstreamed into our society but it is very hard because of government intervention and other aspects. But we are not alone in our fight towards the adoption of bitcoin to all countries and I do salute some of the politicians who share our thought about the advantage of using bitcoin to our society.  According to an article on coinbase.com here are 7 politicians who were in support to bitcoin and blockchain:

1. Jared Polis
2. Dan Elder
3. George Galloway
4. Andrew Hemingway
5. Gulnar Hasnain
6. Rand Paul
7. Rick Perry

If you have more information that can add to this list feel free to comment.

Its good that they support it, but its much better if they understand it. Do any of these have an account here? Because that would send the required message. If none even bothered to open an account on this very forum (Satoshi's) then it leaves a lot to be desired. This forum is very special, don't you ever forget who made it. Even altcoin creators know they cannot attain any community respect without an official announcement thread here.

So when a politicians claims to know and support Bitcoin, ask them what is their account in Bitcointalk, so we can check his/her messages, and then we know if they are serious or simply opportunists.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
October 24, 2019, 12:09:07 PM
That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing such information, it feels good to know that some politicians are bullish about Bitcoin which means that they will probably do their best to make cryptos adopted by many countries.
Activity: 644
Merit: 264
Aurox
October 19, 2019, 07:15:08 AM
I am a dreamer and one of my dreams is to see bitcoin being mainstreamed into our society but it is very hard because of government intervention and other aspects. But we are not alone in our fight towards the adoption of bitcoin to all countries and I do salute some of the politicians who share our thought about the advantage of using bitcoin to our society.  According to an article on coinbase.com here are 7 politicians who were in support to bitcoin and blockchain:

1. Jared Polis
2. Dan Elder
3. George Galloway
4. Andrew Hemingway
5. Gulnar Hasnain
6. Rand Paul
7. Rick Perry

https://www.coindesk.com/7-politicians-in-support-of-bitcoin-and-blockchain-tech

If you have more information that can add to this list feel free to comment.
Pages:
Jump to: