Pages:
Author

Topic: Problem with Bitcoin Core Wallet, I can't get my coins - page 2. (Read 1731 times)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
it depends on what you have deleted in this step:
So like any other newbie I tried to fix it myself.... I figured, the wallet app is just downloading all the past bitcoin transactions, I simply delete all these downloaded transactions, well I'll be able to access my wallet again and import it in my new online based wallet (I created an online based wallet in the meantime).

i am not sure about where bitcoin core saves your wallet file, but the file name is wallet.dat and as long as you have that file and also if you have set any password for it, that password you haven't lost anything.

just export the private keys from your wallet and sweep it into the new wallet.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Hey there guys!

This is definitely going to be the post of a total newbie so please keep up with me!
OK, just so you've got the context:
  • I was able to buy 0.081 coins from an exchange (so far so good)
  • I wanted to transfer it to my wallet (which is Bitcoin Core's wallet) and to do that I clicked "Receive" in the wallet app (Win 7, 64 bits just FYI).
  • I hadn't read all the Bitcoin wallet description (that you need at least 80Gb of free space to install fully the Bitcoin core wallet). I know, first newbie dumb step... but you already know how we are.
  • As you can imagine my HD rapidly went full and I couldn't access my bitcoin wallet anymore. Once I clicked on the wallet it gave me the error: "Not enough free space" and immediately shut down...
  • So like any other newbie I tried to fix it myself.... I figured, the wallet app is just downloading all the past bitcoin transactions, I simply delete all these downloaded transactions, well I'll be able to access my wallet again and import it in my new online based wallet (I created an online based wallet in the meantime).
  • Now I know that the transfer was done (I can trace the transfer on Blockchain.info) and I could import that into my online based wallet but as "Watch only", I can't seem to get to funds or use them. (I would like to transfer the funds from the address I generated with Bitcoin Core Wallet to my online based wallet).[

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best!
Pages:
Jump to: