Pages:
Author

Topic: Procedure in case of Blockchain.info collapse - page 2. (Read 520 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
You need to keep your 12 words seed/phrase safe, and if blockchain.info goes down you just need to make a new wallet on electrum using that seed and select bip39 option.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Blockchain.info offers you the option to export (backup) your private keys.

How do I do that? I have scrutinised the Blockchain site and I cannot see any option to 'Export Private Keys'
Can anyone with a Blockchain account tell me how this is done?
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
Blockchain.info offers you the option to export (backup) your private keys. You should do that right now.
Once you have your private keys, you can import them to another wallet such as Electrum, and your wallet will be restored just fine even if they go down (assuming you have your private keys before they do).

Otherwise no. It is only possible to access your wallet and obtain your private keys through their service.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I have some Bitcoin in a Blockchain.info wallet and am concerned about how accesible my funds will be in the event of Blockchain suddenly going offline and the site not available.  Shocked

Let's imagine that the site is no longer there, can anyone give me the steps needed to get access to my Bitcoin? Is it even possible?
Pages:
Jump to: