Pages:
Author

Topic: Processed meats rank alongside smoking as cancer causes – WHO - page 2. (Read 1756 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014
who the fuck wants to live until their 80s? can you imagine what it would be like not being able to do things for yourself and walking around vulnerable to whoever decides to rob you? eat and smoke what you like and stop being pussies.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
well it was processed so it makes sense. its still better if u saw how it was butchered then eat it.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Everything causes cancer these days. Sad

I wonder how many will turn vegan after reading this.

In response the meat and dairy organization in Canada pointed to a study that Vegans have higher rates of complications that put them at risk due to the lack of vitamins in their diet that primarily come from meat  Grin
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/89/5/1627S.short

Bacon its one of the things worth dying a slow death for  Wink
An average of 24,000 people are KILLED by lightening each year. Not linked....KILLED. I'll take my chances with bacon.

Oh and the Hot Dog Report Smiley
http://www.clearfood.com/food_reports/2015/the_hotdog_report
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
I would be more impressed if they found something that didn't cause cancer. like 'eat this one thing and you'll NEVER get cancer' but since anyone and everyone can get it that will never happen.
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

Processed meats rank alongside smoking as cancer causes – WHO

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/oct/26/bacon-ham-sausages-processed-meats-cancer-risk-smoking-says-who

<< Bacon, ham and sausages rank alongside cigarettes as a major cause of cancer, the World Health Organisation has said, placing cured and processed meats in the same category as asbestos, alcohol, arsenic and tobacco. The report from the WHO's International Agency for Research on Cancer said there was enough evidence to rank processed meats as group 1 carcinogens because of a causal link with bowel cancer. It places red meat in group 2A, as "probably carcinogenic to humans". Eating red meat is also linked to pancreatic and prostate cancer, the IARC says. The IARC's experts concluded that each 50-gram (1.8-ounce) portion of processed meat eaten daily increased the risk of colorectal cancer by 18%.

"For an individual, the risk of developing colorectal cancer because of their consumption of processed meat remains small, but this risk increases with the amount of meat consumed", said Dr Kurt Straif, head of the IARC monographs programme. "In view of the large number of people who consume processed meat, the global impact on cancer incidence is of public health importance."

The decision from the IARC, after a year of deliberations by international scientists, will be welcomed by cancer researchers but it triggered an immediate and furious response from the industry, and the scientists it funds, who rejected any comparison between cigarettes and meat. >>
Pages:
Jump to: