Pages:
Author

Topic: Product feedback for new Hardcore Wallet - page 2. (Read 278 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 20
Personal financial freedom and sovereignty
February 26, 2024, 02:57:39 PM
There is no need to buy some special device for bitcoin wallet when we can just use hardware wallets, or smartphones/tablets with installed bitcoin wallets.

dkbit98 thank you for the feedback.  Great question!

I wanted something to do peer-to-peer transactions.

The Bitcoin white paper's first sentence: "a purely peer-to-peer form of electronic cash".  

If you use a hardware wallet or any other wallet that is not using your own node then you are doing a three party transaction.  Any third party transaction is not permissionless nor is it free.  There is always a cost to use a node someone else is hosting.

The Epiphany is Bitcoin as it was intended - peer-to-peer.

This may seem like a small thing but I contend that it is not small.  It is the core of Bitcoin's purpose - Provide people with a way to exchange peer-to-peer without having to trust anyone. If we allow third parties in our transactions we are creating an electronic version of the banking system we already have.

The Epiphany is designed to appeal to people who want the freedom and sovereignty that Bitcoin can offer if used properly.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
February 26, 2024, 02:39:01 PM
Any feedback is appreciated!
What is the source code, and full device specifications?
I can't provide real feedback when I didn't used and test this device, nut I see there is wifi and bluetooth connection like with smartphones and tablets.
There is no need to buy some special device for bitcoin wallet when we can just use hardware wallets, or smartphones/tablets with installed bitcoin wallets.

Activity: 105
Merit: 20
Personal financial freedom and sovereignty
February 26, 2024, 01:31:57 PM
I have created a new Bitcoin device that I am looking for support at and feedback on.  It would be great to know what people from this amazing group think of the new concept.

https://webtc.io/epiphany.html.

Any feedback is appreciated!
Pages:
Jump to: