Pages:
Author

Topic: Project Nemesis - Alt-coin project - page 3. (Read 12595 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
February 14, 2014, 03:42:16 PM
We should be able to get a purpose statement once we finalize the characteristics of the coin. But yeah, a purpose would add some nice direction. As of now it stands at fun-experiment-community.

DogeCoin on the other hand is just a marketing gimick to get rich. They just put a dog as label, tweaked some parameters and created a coin . Here is what happens when you create a copy/paste coin without thinking http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1tp40b/dogecoin_is_broken_merry_christmas/

Did you know that Dogecoins are being given out in paper wallets to people at Mumbai Bitcoin meetups? I think it is a fantastic way for people to get to know and handle Crypto-currencies. Am planning on giving away some Betacoins Cheesy. Or who knows, maybe some Dogecoins.
They have much awesome in gaining so reach.

Assume that this is not the end of the discussion. If you are unhappy with the final outlines for this project, do come up with some solutions and that would be contribution.

Thats a very good idea. giving away paper wallets in meet-ups could reach out more. Maybe we should launch the coin in a meet-up too
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000
Landscaping Bitcoin for India!
February 14, 2014, 03:19:07 PM
We should be able to get a purpose statement once we finalize the characteristics of the coin. But yeah, a purpose would add some nice direction. As of now it stands at fun-experiment-community.

DogeCoin on the other hand is just a marketing gimick to get rich. They just put a dog as label, tweaked some parameters and created a coin . Here is what happens when you create a copy/paste coin without thinking http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1tp40b/dogecoin_is_broken_merry_christmas/

Did you know that Dogecoins are being given out in paper wallets to people at Mumbai Bitcoin meetups? I think it is a fantastic way for people to get to know and handle Crypto-currencies. Am planning on giving away some Betacoins Cheesy. Or who knows, maybe some Dogecoins.
They have much awesome in gaining so reach.

Assume that this is not the end of the discussion. If you are unhappy with the final outlines for this project, do come up with some solutions and that would be contribution.
Activity: 688
Merit: 565
February 14, 2014, 01:06:40 PM
In short Read the entire post and then comment.

In fact I saw the entire three threads to understand the purpose of this coin .

Some talk about localization , I dont understand on how you can localize a decentralized network. is it a premined currency ?

ok if a  coin is created in a localized fashion, it needs to be  distributed to the population some how.

Some talk about tweaking parameters

Algorithm : Scrypt-Adaptive-Nfactor (Not scrypt-jane. This is the same one being used in VertCoin)

Total Coins : 999,999,999      ( ~1 billion )

Block Time   : 99 Seconds
Block Reward : 999 ....
and more and more  tweaking of parameters ...

Please, please, please I request you to  post two/three lines clearly stating the purpose of the coin

First of all, I don't agree with the concept mentioned in the specified article. Don't you think Namecoin, Zerocoin has added any innovation ? In the similar lines you are free to suggest some innovative concept to this project Nemesis coin. Bitcoin is not the end of the world...let the innovations come in the form of new coins.

If you keep the innovation aside, don't you think Dogecoin & Maxcoin has brought significant amount of awareness about the crypto currency to the common people ? Awareness is very much required at this point of time for long survival of Crypto Currencies.

The goal of Namecoin is well defined : Decentralized network for key/value mapping, if you see namecoin wiki it has clear goal and technical spec
Zero coin is also well defined : To build anonymous decentralized network. You can clearly read about zerocoin as well

That said, you are free to create dog,cat or mouse coins and market them ! Good luck with that  ! If you want people to take you more seriously , I am sorry to  inform you, you have to do much better than that.

Activity: 378
February 14, 2014, 10:34:49 AM
I strongly discourage this.

Please clearly state your intention for this alt coin rather than a get rich yourself scheme . Could you please write a white paper stating the technology behind this and what is original about this alt coin.
read this post http://themisescircle.org/blog/2013/08/22/the-problem-with-altcoins/

A localized distributed cryptocurrency is a misnomer ( its like Rakhi Sawant wearing clothes ).  
Just changing a few parameters and launching a new currency isn't what it needed right now. We already have enough of these.

Few things that can help in India:
  • Seeing the low value of rupee, making microtransactions work
  • Since we having very low internet penetration, secure physical currency can help http://www.bit-card.com/

Well if you dont like alt coin then dont get involved in it. secondly read the project description, Its a decentralized project and i am not the one heading it and is a community project.
You want a white paper then get involved in the project and let it complete the First phase so that the white paper is released.

Dont be stupid by posting thing without reading the post and the project. p.s what wrong with Rakhi Sawant, you've got a really distorted view about the world. I bet you live in a community where all your women are draped head to toe with a blanket 24/7.

+1

Please clearly state your intention for this alt coin rather than a get rich yourself scheme . Could you please write a white paper stating the technology behind this and what is original about this alt coin. read this post http://themisescircle.org/blog/2013/08/22/the-problem-with-altcoins/

Phase 1
Discuss the properties of the altcoin.
Discuss problem and solutions.
Implement Solution to check viability.
Discuss and look into impact and viability
Whitepaper release

Get Rich ?? I don't understand, how this will it be a Get Rich scheme ? If you think it is a get rich scheme, then why don't you participate and become a millionaire ? Neither subvolatil nor anyone here can stop you in throwing a 1 Mh/s (or) 100 Mh/s hashpower. This will be a open source project and the coin release date will be announced publicly well ahead.

BTW, if you see the subvolatil phase 1 agenda, writing a whitepaper is already on the list.

Just changing a few parameters and launching a new currency isn't what it needed right now. We already have enough of these.
If we are thinking about just changing a few parameters, we could have paid 0.1 BTC at http://coingen.io/ and released the coin with in half day.

First of all, I don't agree with the concept mentioned in the specified article. Don't you think Namecoin, Zerocoin has added any innovation ? In the similar lines you are free to suggest some innovative concept to this project Nemesis coin. Bitcoin is not the end of the world...let the innovations come in the form of new coins.

If you keep the innovation aside, don't you think Dogecoin & Maxcoin has brought significant amount of awareness about the crypto currency to the common people ? Awareness is very much required at this point of time for long survival of Crypto Currencies.
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist
February 14, 2014, 08:18:48 AM

Please clearly state your intention for this alt coin rather than a get rich yourself scheme . Could you please write a white paper stating the technology behind this and what is original about this alt coin.
read this post http://themisescircle.org/blog/2013/08/22/the-problem-with-altcoins/

A localized distributed cryptocurrency is a misnomer ( its like Rakhi Sawant wearing clothes ).  

• Since we having very low internet penetration, secure physical currency can help http://www.bit-card.com/

Well if you dont like alt coin then dont get involved in it. secondly read the project description, Its a decentralized project and i am not the one heading it and is a community project.
You want a white paper then get involved in the project and let it complete the First phase so that the white paper is released.

Dont be stupid by posting thing without reading the post and the project. p.s what wrong with Rakhi Sawant, you've got a really distorted view about the world. I bet you live in a community where all your women are draped head to toe with a blanket 24/7.

Activity: 688
Merit: 565
February 14, 2014, 07:36:18 AM

legendary
February 10, 2014, 01:15:52 PM

By the way  which coin do you  thing is a  good  idea to fork out of, Bitcoin or Litecoin?

In my opinion a fork from Bitcoin is better and  stays update on all security changes and upgrades to date.

Bitcoin for sure.
February 10, 2014, 12:21:52 AM

By the way  which coin do you  thing is a  good  idea to fork out of, Bitcoin or Litecoin?

In my opinion a fork from Bitcoin is better and  stays update on all security changes and upgrades to date.
February 09, 2014, 11:28:30 PM
A look at a localization experiment.

http://auroracoin.org/

Looks interesting, will add it to the Next BIG list. Smiley

Its a good  start the way they are  approaching it . with the use of national ID's thing . i thing  we can  use  some thing like that too. let  see  what we can  come up  with .

The  main problem is the  verification  of the UID belongs to the  correct  person. may be use some type of a hash fingerprint or a signature scheme to  do that .
February 08, 2014, 02:24:13 PM
subvolatil vanished again! -.-

To where ? Is he discussing with AAP about this project Wink ?
legendary
February 08, 2014, 02:14:51 PM
subvolatil vanished again! -.-
February 08, 2014, 02:12:35 PM

Looks interesting, will add it to the Next BIG list. Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
February 07, 2014, 08:53:23 AM

Yea saw that a some time ago .. so its basically a centralised system with a basic salary for about a year. Its kinda a crappy idea I think to be honest. Idk if they will whitelist the whole nation for mining (which itself is decentralised). First impression makes it seem quite ridiculous. Unless the devil is in the details (but that I doubt cause it says its based on Litecoin).

Btw im in for the project. I think should be fun to do it. Just for the learning part Cheesy

legendary
February 07, 2014, 07:09:38 AM

legendary
February 06, 2014, 04:02:54 AM

Great.

4 - Can we work towards that processor as well ? It would be helpful for new merchants as well.

I think that would be great for the Indian market. A payment processor for the alts could create new opportunities here

It would have to be someone who can accept alts and converts them immediately to BTC on Cryptsy or coins-e.
Then convert the BTC through BIPS or someone who may be willing to provide BTC processor services.

It is quite possible.

That can be easily done if its on Cryptsy .... it has an autosell feature .. but of course you got to weigh the pros against the cons in such a case.

Btw I'm really starting to wonder if doing a coin is a good idea considering the fact that there are like 5 coins coming to the market everyday almost.

I would personally like to try making a coin and getting a bunch of people to use it. It's more of a fun experiment for us.

The coin would not matter if it is listed on an exchange with an API. The amount of buy orders would be more important in this case. Unless there is a demand, the coin cannot be used.
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
February 06, 2014, 03:54:59 AM

Great.

4 - Can we work towards that processor as well ? It would be helpful for new merchants as well.

I think that would be great for the Indian market. A payment processor for the alts could create new opportunities here

It would have to be someone who can accept alts and converts them immediately to BTC on Cryptsy or coins-e.
Then convert the BTC through BIPS or someone who may be willing to provide BTC processor services.

It is quite possible.

That can be easily done if its on Cryptsy .... it has an autosell feature .. but of course you got to weigh the pros against the cons in such a case.

Btw I'm really starting to wonder if doing a coin is a good idea considering the fact that there are like 5 coins coming to the market everyday almost.
legendary
February 05, 2014, 11:32:41 PM

Great.

It is quite possible.
Activity: 280
February 05, 2014, 01:34:50 PM

Great.

February 05, 2014, 12:06:45 PM
Ok starting a project thread to discuss the creation of a alt coin specifically to increase volume and use in india.

phases to the project

Phase 1
Discuss the properties of the altcoin.
Discuss problem and solutions.
Implement Solution to check viability.
Discuss and look into impact and viability
Whitepaper release

Phase 2
Development
Testing

Phase 3
add support systems. pools, Block Explorer, Exchanges, backup nodes, newbie guide
add services Faucet, giveaways, games.

Phase 4
logo design, wiki, webpage.
IRC channel

Phase 5
Release

I would like to see the following things by launch time
1. Youtube / Reddit tipper bots
2. A private mining pool restricted only to indian/asian ips
3. An existing exchange like cryptsy / An open source exchange( Eg: Buttercoin exchange - which we can host ourselves) to list this coin.
4. A merchant accepting this coin ( Highkart - what do you say ? )

3. - I do believe that we request coins-e and cryptsy. The open source Buttercoin code is buggy and can't be used reliably.
4. - I did ask him about alt coins. He has a problem getting a processor to use alt coins.

Great.

Pages:
Jump to: