Pages:
Author

Topic: Promoting to local businesses - page 2. (Read 4006 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 10, 2013, 04:00:17 AM
I think it would be a good idea to show them the story of the Tesla car that was successfully sold with bitcoins. It's one thing to simply talk about bitcoin success and feasibility but when you have actual examples and data in your hands its much more convincing to the businesses. At leas that is what I would do.
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
December 10, 2013, 02:56:38 AM
The fees are in order of fractions of a cent at current exchange rates.

Just to make this right, it is more like 9 cents at the moment (0.0001 BTC * 900$ / BTC).  Not much, but also not "fractions of a cent".  That said, at the moment it is still possible to send free transactions if you are careful not to include too many inputs in a single transaction and if you have patience to wait a few hours for it to confirm.

Otherwise, I also thank you for your efforts, this is exactly what we need!
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
December 09, 2013, 11:40:43 AM
The main benefits I know in that aspect are less fees and  no chargebacks.. But how much in fees? This is in Australia, if that's much different. What else can BTC provide a small/medium business owner? I know a few alternative bars and shops that would get on board mostly just for the "gimmick" and alt nature of cryptos. But what of the real benefits?

First of all, this is a great thing you guys are doing. It will benefit the entire currency in general as this is the REAL place Bitcoin needs investment (that is useful trade opportunities, not just buyin' 'em up).

The fees are in order of fractions of a cent at current exchange rates. They could opt to keep the bitcoins which they might choose to do if they can usefully spend it (maybe their suppliers will be happy to accept Bitcoins?!) or use a service like bitpay.com to receive payments in bitcoin which get exchanged immediately into fiat (I don't know if there is a service that does this for AUD though).

Another benefit a company might find tempting would be the possible media attention they would get for doing this.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
December 09, 2013, 11:31:53 AM
Close to zero transaction fees

No chargebacks

What more do you need?
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
December 09, 2013, 09:25:27 AM
Since my friend has quit his job due to making money trading coins, he/we have some spare time freed up. Even though we have both made a good amount trading so far we are both long term believers of the concept as a revolution on several different levels.

I want to go around to local businesses (hopefully more in the future) promote the benefits of BTC (need I say we were both salesmen?) to the local community in an understandable, relatable way to do our part in informing those who do not know yet.

We've already told a lot of people about the speculative nature but I was wondering if some of the more knowledgeable could help by outlining the benefits of using btc as a payment platform or in business use.

The main benefits I know in that aspect are less fees and  no chargebacks.. But how much in fees? This is in Australia, if that's much different. What else can BTC provide a small/medium business owner? I know a few alternative bars and shops that would get on board mostly just for the "gimmick" and alt nature of cryptos. But what of the real benefits?

Pages:
Jump to: