Pages:
Author

Topic: PROOF: Bitmain is selling old hardware as NEW miners! - page 2. (Read 1677 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
It's a known fact Bitmain uses miners before shipping and to my knowledge they don't do anything about it even if you do happen to tell them about it. For Bitcoin, Ebit, Avalon and Bitfury miners if you can get your hands on them are better and probably not used. It's a shame that this, combined with expensive servicing if a miner breaks that makes Bitmain terrible to buy from. Not to mention it's them behind the recent and upcoming forks, which is more political.

Using miner before shipping is a standard testing procedure and nothing wrong.
I would prefer to get a preheated, pretested miner than one not tested at all.

Best way is to contact Bitmain or any manufacturer over the Internet and report all problems and attach
images, screenshots.

Making complaints on BCT makes no sense since buy/sell business is done between 2 parties, not in public.
It's not just that, but they mine for extended periods of time. It's known Canaan/Avalon test their miners and their own rigs on Kano and that is fine; their quality is good and the miners they sell aren't like some Antminers (and they don't mine for long periods of time with em Smiley). Bitmain also has terribly slow support and many times they reject perfectly good claims.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
It's a known fact Bitmain uses miners before shipping and to my knowledge they don't do anything about it even if you do happen to tell them about it. For Bitcoin, Ebit, Avalon and Bitfury miners if you can get your hands on them are better and probably not used. It's a shame that this, combined with expensive servicing if a miner breaks that makes Bitmain terrible to buy from. Not to mention it's them behind the recent and upcoming forks, which is more political.
Activity: 402
Merit: 116
There are a number of competitors, but sadly, Bitmain miners will always have the better numbers (efficiency, speed etc).

However, It may actually not be the most profitable if you are a small farm. Your chances of getting a bad batch, or bad machine is pretty much almost 100% in the long run. That plus the long wait time is something to think about.

Competitors:

Baikal
Innosilicon
Pinidea
Canaan Creative
BW.com
whatsminer
Ebang

anyone else got more lemon miners share in this thread!
Activity: 350
Merit: 112
Ecosystem for Fundraising DAOs — ICOs 2.0
It's a shame they sell old equipment branded as new. Is there another alternative supplier or do you recommend to buy miners rather from ebay if available?
After 3 days of mining !

I think it is time someone finally broke the Silence on Bitmain's dickish behavior to consumers.

I have several batches of L3+, S9s and soon to be coming in D3, apart from this, I have many other machines including Avalons and Ebit E9+

Several months ago, I bought some L3+ for the August batch, late august batch, september batch and late september batch.

The first batches came out absolutely fine! the miners were brand new, and everything ran very peachy.

However, my late August batch just came in. And I immediately noticed very peculiar things about it.

1st: The tapes were OLD, like yellowly old.
2nd: The miners appear to have some wear and tear to them, however, there were not dust on them but it appeared they were cleaned off.
3rd and most importantly: I checked the firmware, and there was something really off!

The first few batches that came, came with firmware 1.0.1.3 which was the latest one at the time (and still is I believe)

However, the NEWER September batch came with firmware 1.0.1.1

Not only this. The older August batch were all really good, they are still going strong.

However, the new September batch now has 3 machines with broken Hashboards and 1 that restarts itself every 5 minutes or so.

So I have to conclude that Bitmain either

1. Ships out very shitty ass products that breaks after 3 days of use

or the more likely

2. They purposefully ship out their old miners after cleaning because they oversold the miners or are turning over their old miners for new ones.

This would all be ok IF they told us that they sold used miners. But nope, I paid new miner money for old, broken miners.

I will keep you all updated on the RMA process after golden week!
Pages:
Jump to: