Pages:
Author

Topic: Proof of stake and spiralling demand - page 2. (Read 1276 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
May 05, 2017, 03:03:43 PM
ETC has a limited supply, ETH hasnt.

I also heard that ETH has an ammount of 900 000 000 tokens.

Only 10% mined rightnow.
Prepare for inflation.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
May 05, 2017, 03:01:51 PM
No cap to inflation?
legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000
May 05, 2017, 02:52:10 PM
From my understanding ETH is moving to complete POS system via "difficulty bomb" and the have no cap to their inflation. The hybrid POS+POW is a temporary transitional phase.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
May 05, 2017, 02:43:57 PM
I just read an article about the plan to convert the ethereum blockchain to 1% proof of stake. This means 1 out of 100 blocks will be awarded according to proof of stake, which is (as my basic understanding can so far grasp) money that someone puts up to operate a node, which they will lose if they don't play by the rules.

So basically this means that mining, rather than happening with computing power, will happen with ETH tokens.

Since ETH also has a limited supply, this means that the boom that happened with bitcoin mining equipment would happen with ETH price, since those who have it can use it to get more without having to do any hardware manufacturing, shipping, pre orders, electricity, and and and.

I am really not well versed in the technical aspects of it so maybe someone will be able to shed some light on it. But it seems that this would drive demand for the tokens through the roof, and therefore price as well. If this could actually work it seems that I will be telling my kids in 15 years about the early days of bitcoin mining when whole rooms were filled with ASICs and people's houses were catching on fire in the same way my dad used to tell me about computers that filled whole rooms while having a fraction the computing power of a modern phone.
Pages:
Jump to: