Pages:
Author

Topic: Proof of Stake Coin List - page 7. (Read 49065 times)

Activity: 314
Merit: 250
March 25, 2014, 06:17:10 PM
Great thread & info, thanks!

I've taken the plunge and bought some POS coins, but now I'm unsure how to guarantee I earn my 'interest' for different coins. Do all of the POS coins require keeping the wallet open 24/7?

It would be great if you could add some info on what is required to generate the POS coins for each coin on your list.

I've done some preliminary reading today and it seems with some coins you might be able to risk opening the wallet as little as once a week and still get your stake coins paid, but I've also read conflicting reports that suggest nearly all POS wallet needs to be 'unlocked' and opened all the time to generate interest. I'm not sure how to 'unlock' a wallet, but suspect it might be the same as 'encrypt' a wallet.

This information is critical for any would be stakehunters, so it would be good to add that info in this thread.

Thanks again for starting a very informative discussion!

in short, encrypted wallet needs to be unlocked before you can stake
(if you don't encrypt your wallet, coins will also stake - NOT recommended)

to unlock encrypted wallet execute the following command in debug window
walletpassphrase mypassword 999999

it is NOT required to have your wallet open and unlocked 24/7 to stake

coins age with your wallet offline
when you bring your wallet online with high coin age coins, you stand a better chance of staking than coins on the network with lower coin age

for more info refer to
http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Proof_of_Stake

Thanks for taking the time to explain this.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
March 25, 2014, 02:16:05 PM
Another recent launch for POW/POS hybrid for our list ..

SHA Coin ..
POW for first 10 days
Then 100% POS
25% first year

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512808.0;topicseen

Triff ..

SHA Coin is now pure POS now...... Last block ended today...will start minting in 2 days
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
March 25, 2014, 01:47:25 PM

I've taken the plunge and bought some POS coins, but now I'm unsure how to guarantee I earn my 'interest' for different coins. Do all of the POS coins require keeping the wallet open 24/7?

It would be great if you could add some info on what is required to generate the POS coins for each coin on your list.

I've done some preliminary reading today and it seems with some coins you might be able to risk opening the wallet as little as once a week and still get your stake coins paid, but I've also read conflicting reports that suggest nearly all POS wallet needs to be 'unlocked' and opened all the time to generate interest. I'm not sure how to 'unlock' a wallet, but suspect it might be the same as 'encrypt' a wallet.

This information is critical for any would be stakehunters, so it would be good to add that info in this thread.

in short, encrypted wallet needs to be unlocked before you can stake
(if you don't encrypt your wallet, coins will also stake - NOT recommended)

to unlock encrypted wallet execute the following command in debug window
walletpassphrase mypassword 999999

it is NOT required to have your wallet open and unlocked 24/7 to stake

coins age with your wallet offline
when you bring your wallet online with high coin age coins, you stand a better chance of staking than coins on the network with lower coin age

for more info refer to
http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Proof_of_Stake
Activity: 296
March 25, 2014, 12:55:38 PM

Good question.

I would like this answering too.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
March 25, 2014, 12:40:19 PM
Why no Coin2 and Faircoin? Tongue
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
March 25, 2014, 07:27:19 AM

Activity: 798
Time is on our side, yes it is!
March 20, 2014, 07:01:54 PM
+1 and subbed and I'm gonna bump this thread so that everyone can be aware of this threads awesomeness.  Seriously though it's good to have a thread like this to add to and keep some kind of sanity in this alt coin craziness.
Activity: 7
March 20, 2014, 06:51:24 PM
Is a working NEM client out yet?
Activity: 952
Merit: 251
March 20, 2014, 05:09:36 PM
Another recent launch for POW/POS hybrid for our list ..

SHA Coin ..
POW for first 10 days
Then 100% POS
25% first year

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512808.0;topicseen

Triff ..
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
March 19, 2014, 08:25:51 PM
I must say the MINT interest is rolling in Cheesy I even gen'd some HBN yesterday

ZEIT is even better when it matures, I can only assume its the same timeframe as MINT, ie 20 days.

I know is its 25% first year then 20% 2nd year etc

Please add ZEIT to the list https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/zeit-community-knights-ultra-low-inflation-micro-payments-487814

Cheesy
G

+1 for Zeit. POW/POS with a strong community backing and great dev team. Only 19 days old, mining is still practical and price is low. So now is a good time to buy!
Activity: 560
March 19, 2014, 10:11:00 AM
ECCoin : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-eccoin-ecc-eccoin-green-future-fork-fixed-upgrade-needed-503236

ECCoin also adopts a variable PoS rate with the following annual interest rate:
- Year 1: 25%
- Year 2: 15%
- Year 3-9: 10%
- Starting Year 10, it will have an annual PoS interest of 1%
Activity: 8
March 19, 2014, 09:17:44 AM
Activity: 272
March 19, 2014, 09:08:17 AM
PoS makes sense if these were investments. How does it help these become currencies? If it simply benefits those who hold coins, it would create artificially scarce environments where the price would go up.

POS coins are the way to go for long-term. 

Have you ever thought about what will happen to POW coins after they are mined out?  How will the blockchain be supported of there are no miners working to process transactions?

Activity: 546
March 17, 2014, 05:22:45 AM
Hey guys great thread,

After reading a few posts I was thinking, why don't we start brainstorming and start our own pos coin? We could compare current pos coins and we could gather a community of like minded stakers. I'm sure we can all relate to the frustrated feeling when looking at these new pos coins and wondering what are they really thinking. I was thinking of doing it myself and brushing up on my coding skills again as I am basically free this next year but I think it could be so much better if we got motivated and involved members onboard. Could be a great way to start from scratch, and build a community..What do you think?

Wrong thread. I suggest you copy-paste your text to your new thread and perhaps give a link here.
Otherwise it gets messy here and im sure no one but trolls want that...
Activity: 238
March 17, 2014, 01:11:31 AM
Hey guys great thread,

After reading a few posts I was thinking, why don't we start brainstorming and start our own pos coin? We could compare current pos coins and we could gather a community of like minded stakers. I'm sure we can all relate to the frustrated feeling when looking at these new pos coins and wondering what are they really thinking. I was thinking of doing it myself and brushing up on my coding skills again as I am basically free this next year but I think it could be so much better if we got motivated and involved members onboard. Could be a great way to start from scratch, and build a community..What do you think?

Activity: 952
Merit: 251
March 14, 2014, 04:14:46 PM
Here's another POW/POS hybrid launched on March 6th

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-eccoin-ecc-eccoin-green-future-fork-fixed-upgrade-needed-503236

ECC coin 

50 Billion total projected coins
POW mining first 40 days then POS
25%/15%/10% 3rd-9th year/ then 1% after year 10

Looks like a "MINT" clone or close to it
Currently selling for about 5 Satoshis

Not making any judgements or recs ..
Just one more to add to our list ..

Triff ..
Activity: 155
March 14, 2014, 08:09:01 AM
All,

Interesting news on the diamond front...
It appears the devs have been at work and they rolled out a new wallet. They say they fixed the Stake.
http://dmdcoin.net/forum/index.php/topic,137.0.html

I have some DMD just for playing around with - picked it up cheap. We shall see what it does.
Activity: 25
March 13, 2014, 01:14:42 AM
I must say the MINT interest is rolling in Cheesy I even gen'd some HBN yesterday

ZEIT is even better when it matures, I can only assume its the same timeframe as MINT, ie 20 days.

I know is its 25% first year then 20% 2nd year etc

Please add ZEIT to the list https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/zeit-community-knights-ultra-low-inflation-micro-payments-487814

Cheesy
G
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
March 12, 2014, 07:29:14 PM
how do people come up with these min/max numbers

365 day MIN and 730 day MAX for THORCOIN...for a measly 10%? I just spat my drink laughing.
Activity: 143
March 12, 2014, 07:15:41 PM
Thorcoin, a revolutionary hybrid proof-of-work/proof-of-stake coin. With Thorcoin you are able to receive and send Thorcoin all around the world and back, to all of your peers including businesses, friends, and family. Thorcoin is a Scrypt Jane Hybrid which only can be mined using CPU's and GPU's. Feel safe with ASIC resistant Scrypt Jane.Traded on cryptorush.

Any details on Thorcoins yearly % and min/max age?

10%
365/730 days

More info available here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annthor-thorcoin-asic-resistant-pos-join-the-thor-community-484815
Pages:
Jump to: